Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb17 - Morag Tong Shack (Claimed, Finished)
05-20-2007, 01:19 PM,
Ebb17 - Morag Tong Shack (Claimed, Finished)
Morag Tong location. Claimed by Seniosh.

Shack Dimensions:

[Image: qyordvflzc.jpg]
05-20-2007, 02:26 PM,

Ok, i figure i'll make this a target for a low-level MT writ? So how do you want me to do this, like what interior model, northmarker rotation, ect

Your shack dimension drawing mystifies me... a box with 3 segments? What could it mean.

I'm not sure how Ebbedin claims work, so just asking how things run. Thanks for giving me the claim! It's perfect for a poor fool who could be used as practice for the low level assassins of the Morag Tong
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-20-2007, 02:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ok, I figure i'll make this a target for a low-level MT writ? So how do you want me to do this, like what interior model, northmarker rotation, ect

Use the shack tileset, there is no rotation or exterior connection yet, I'll do that when you're finished.

Your shack dimension drawing mystifies me... a box with 3 segments? What could it mean.

It means to use three shack segments. You'll know what I mean when you look at the tileset.
05-20-2007, 02:41 PM,

ahh, ok i don't have a CS this weekend. I highly suspected it would make sense once i looked at the shacks in the CS.

Well that just about clears everything up, thanks. I'll make this at the same time i do the writ for it, which will be after i do the join quest
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
11-03-2007, 11:15 PM,

When do you think you'll have the shack done, Seniosh?
11-05-2007, 09:24 PM,

Sorry i didn't see this. Been busy with school and stuffs, as well as Dumac.

Well i've got the shack mostly done, cluttered, ect. Haven't made the NPC yet, but it shouldn't be too hard. I assume the review system is the same for Ebbedin? If so, i'll probably post an ESP later tonight.

Sorry for taking so long to get this done, life's been non-stop work for a while
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
11-08-2007, 08:58 PM,

Well i've got the shack mostly done, cluttered, ect. Haven't made the NPC yet, but it shouldn't be too hard. I assume the review system is the same for Ebbedin? If so, i'll probably post an ESP later tonight.

Yep. More or less. I do the reviewing.
11-09-2007, 10:35 PM,

Ok, haven't done a house in a while, and this is my first shack, so lets hope i've remembered everything.

here's the ESP.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
11-10-2007, 04:33 AM,

Thanks. Smile

black[/hr]
GENERAL
- Your cell needs a name
- Set the ownership of the cell

PHYSICAL
- The muckshovel is bleeding into the shack wall
- The knife and the fork are floating slightly
- Bleed the cloth sacks into the ground, but only slightly to give a realistic appearance
- Reposition the log pile so that the logs don't float (screenshot 1 - you may need to bleed this as well)
- Replace the bedrollsideentry with SACarrow's modified StDunShackBedrollForPlatform
- StInDunShackBasket1 is bleeding through the floor (screenshot 2)
- Bring the lantern closest to the door down just a little bit (screenshot 3)
- Rotate the nails on the shelf so that they are on a flat side as opposed to a corner (see screenshots 4 and 5)

NPC
- Make sure he has a food source (-1 of a food item either in his inventory or in a container)

AI
- Adjust the packages so they don't interfere with each other (see screenshot 6)

DIALOGUE - Several notes, separated by topic:

GREETING
- Uncheck the random flags. Without a "Random End" flag, the game will continue to check for other possible random greetings. You might not get the one you were expecting.
- Put the "Oh, you, I guess I have time" line with the DISP > 60 condition at the top of the list
- Questions (like StSeEbb17Job "What do you do here?" and StSeEbb17WhyEbbedin "Why do you live in Ebbedin?") should usually be set up as choices. You should make the topic text more general (like "Job" and "Ebbedin").

Grammar:
"Leave me alone": add a period
"Oh, you, I guess I have time": I personally would break it into two sentences, and add a period -> "Oh, you. I guess I have time."

StSeEbb17job
- Other than what I mentioned above about the topic text, no comments.

StSeEbb17Really
- :lol: :goodjob:

StSeEbb17Who
- No comments.

StSeEbb17WhyEbbedin
- What I said above about the topic text
- "I made some bad choices when I was younger, got some people mad. Had to get away somehow." with condition DISP > 70 should be above [correction edit] "I live here because I like it here." with condition DISP >= 60

Grammar:
"Wasn't my choice, who'd want to live in this poor dirty town.": replace the period with a question mark.

black[/hr]
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM,

Wow, guess i really was a bit rusty, sorry to put you through all that trouble. For the two topics, i personally like putting specific text, cause it mimics a conversation more. I personally have never gone up to someone and said "Job!" or "New York" or something, and expected a coherent answer.

Also, at least for why he lives in Ebbedin, I had to be specific so that he could introduce the idea that he was being chased by assassins, because of the Morag Tong quest.

Also, if i set them up as choices, wouldn't the player only be able to select one per dialogue session?

I changed everything else as per instruction, that was a very thorough review
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala