Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb17 - Morag Tong Shack (Claimed, Finished)
11-12-2007, 05:41 AM,

Thanks. I'll have a look at it later today ( it's past midnight here Tongue ).

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
For the two topics, I personally like putting specific text, cause it mimics a conversation more. I personally have never gone up to someone and said "Job!" or "New York" or something, and expected a coherent answer.

Also, at least for why he lives in Ebbedin, I had to be specific so that he could introduce the idea that he was being chased by assassins, because of the Morag Tong quest.

Also, if I set them up as choices, wouldn't the player only be able to select one per dialogue session?

What you could do is set them up both as choices under the general "Ebbedin" topic. NPCs are supposed to have a general [CITYname] topic.

Questions should not be set up as topics because it breaks continuity (I think that's the right word, I'm a little tired right now).

So what it would look like:

[Greeting]: (text goes here)

Topics:
- Ebbedin
- Rumors
- [Everything else]

Ebbedin: "Hm? What's that you're saying?"

Choices:
- What do you do here?
- Why do you live in Ebbedin?
11-13-2007, 03:07 AM,

ahh, that makes sense. I'll make the changes tomorrow cause it's getting a bit late. Thanks for clearing that up then
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
11-13-2007, 10:09 PM,

Okay. Smile

black[/hr]

IN THE CELL

- Have another look at that bleeding basket shown in the screenshot from the first revision
- The muckshovel is now floating against the wall and bleeding slightly into the barrel. =) Rotate it so that it rises less steeply and move it until you can see it going slightly into the wall. Then make sure it isn't bleeding or floating.

DIALOGUE

- Check the "Info Refusal" flags on dials where more info can be given when the NPC has a higher disposition level:
- StSeEbb17WhyEbbedin "I live here because I like it here"
- StSeEbb17WhyEbbedin "Wasn't my choice, who'd want to live in this poor dirty town?"
- StSeEbb17Job "Why would you want to know?"
11-14-2007, 03:56 AM,

ok, fixed the dialogue stuffs. The basket didn't look like it was bleeding to me, but i slid it up the z axis and dropped it back down anyways. The screenshot you had the first time was very dark, and it might have been the lighting. I dunno, things can get weird.

I fixed up the muckshovel to the best of my abilities. it's not resting on the wall, which would've been hard to pull off, but it's no longer floating or bleeding, it's just resting in the barrel.

Never knew about those info refusal flags before, that's nifty stuff
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
11-14-2007, 10:28 AM,

Don't forget to make the NPC a member of the StSrGenericDialsforST faction.

This enables the STCrime and STGeneric quests.
It disables the Oblivion generic quests (and INFOGENERAL topic == rumors).

I like the interior. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-16-2007, 12:08 AM,
Claim Complete
Seniosh, you've probably got the public assets installed. Wink That's why you're seeing the basket fine while I see it bleeding. I fixed it for you. Smile

A few more notes about the dialogue:

- I flagged the final random info for your Ebbedin topic as "End Random" because it's the last in the list of intended responses (see my above comment about random lines).
- StSeEbb17Who is now a choice instead of a topic

I'll send the file to sandor so it can be merged.
11-16-2007, 01:25 PM,
RE: Claim Complete
The file has been merged. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD