Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cave to Morrowind [Claimed]
05-21-2007, 01:52 PM,
Cave to Morrowind [Claimed]
[mod=TheImperialDragon]Modder has been inactive for almost a full month. If you (Fenaro) want to recover the claim, please ask via PM.[/mod]

royalblue[/hr]

Hello.

I made the diary of a traveler from Cyrodil to Morrowind and it was mentioned that i should mod the dungeon i described in the diary into the game. Well over the weekend i had time to read a tutorial and i think i would like to try it. Although i cant install the patch for the CS it says the old file was not found.

Anyways, the dungeon is going to be long, im looking at atleast 35-45 mins. Goblins and Ogres are going to be the main enemies for the first 10-15 mins of the cave untill you get to the area that i plan to make some type of ancient tomb. This is the part of the cave that im hoping is scary. I am going to try to make that part of the cave have very little if any enemies. Very little light to make it hard to find your way without a torch or a nighteye spell. A boss fight will happen (if i can script it) when the traveler (if he or she chooses to do so) takes an ancient amulet from one of the tomb inhabitants graves. I plan for the boss to be somone of historical importance from the TES3 game. after you get through the tomb area, which by the way the architecture will be ayelid.
The last 5-10 mins of the cave will be inhabited by slave traders

I dont know where i want the cave to exit to. I will need to further explore the silgrad tower landmass to find a suitable location

Thanks,
Jeff.
05-21-2007, 02:25 PM,

A morrowind tomb area has velothi interior pieces instead of ayleid ruins. I don't know if the ayleids have it ever made to morrowind.
05-21-2007, 03:02 PM,

Im not saying that i want it to be Ayelid, i just feel that those ruins best show what an ancient tomb would look like. It will have other things, its just that i like the Ayelid architecture for a tomb, especially an ancient one.
05-21-2007, 04:09 PM,
RE: Dungeon - Cyrodil > Morrowind. Can i claim it?
Quote:Originally posted by Fenaro
I dont know where I want the cave to exit to. I will need to further explore the silgrad tower landmass to find a suitable location

It might be nice to put something inside the cave we already have. It leads from north of Cheydinhal to just outside a house in the Wilderness of Silgrad.

If you don't want to do that, you could check our maps section or our current ESM for a suitable exit.
05-21-2007, 05:25 PM,

I could put it there i guess... since that cave would just be empty there is no sence to waste a perfect entrance/exit
05-22-2007, 01:27 AM,

Looking forward to following your progress Fenaro Smile

? 35-45 minutes sounds like a good timespan.

? Goblins and ogres would in my opinion make for good enemies - in the Cyrodiil half of the cave system

? I wouldn't mind Ayelid architecture but I strongly suggest to use it nearer the Cyrodiil entrance than the Morrowind exit. Both because the Ayelids didn't cross into Morrowind IIRC and because it'd play into the impression the player is leaving things from the standard game behind. Don't get me wrong, I love Ayelid ruins and the architecture is one of the best there is in Oblivion, it just doesn't feel like it belongs in Morrowind. But it can be used since the cave system is partially in Cyrodiil.

? A boss sounds like a good idea, and I like that it'll be a famous TES3 character.

? I'd like the Morrowind side of the cave system to use adversaries from Lore Creatures, which TheImperialDragon brought into our mod. There's a wealth of cool creatures to choose from and currently they are severely underused.

? Not sure about slavetraders. Slavery is illegal in Morrowind in Oblivion's timespan so I don't know if there'd be very many slavers around. But if it's clear the slaves are kept illegally there's no problem in my opinion.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-22-2007, 10:32 AM,

Well, i did my first actually modding of the game. Following the tutorial im reading i redid the who Chorrol Oak and Crosier Inn basement. i think it just may turn into my new favorite place to rest Smile.

So i am slowly learning how all of this works. I know the dungeon is going to take me some time as it took me nearly 45 mins to do that basement. But its definitly rewarding.

Instead of slave traders i can definitly use the underused creatures.

PS. just a question... are there going to be cliff racers in silgrad tower?? :O
05-22-2007, 11:59 AM,

Well, I did my first actually modding of the game. Following the tutorial I'm reading I redid the who Chorrol Oak and Crosier Inn basement. I think it just may turn into my new favorite place to rest Smile.

So I am slowly learning how all of this works. I know the dungeon is going to take me some time as it took me nearly 45 mins to do that basement. But its definitly rewarding.

Indeed, 'tis. :yes: Good job. :goodjob:

PS. just a question... are there going to be cliff racers in silgrad tower?? :O

It depends if we get models for them. If we get models and working animations for Cliff Racers, you can bet pretty safely that there will be Cliff Racers (or similar) in the mod. In the TES3 mod, there were Cliff Racers. There is unofficial Elder Scrolls lore from a dev about the Cliff Racers' numbers being cut down though. But that's up to the modders who are placing the Cliff Racers if they want to implement that, I suppose. Wink

black[/hr]

I'll grant the claim. Since it is big enough, the text in red applies here:

Important. Every two weeks, or every week if you work intensively, send a copy of your work-in-progress esp to sandor so that he can check it for technical errors. The Construction Set is insidious in the way it lets you mod without noticing any technical errors; you can even playtest it and it'll work just fine, but even then, a technical bug may have crept in. If the bug is left in for too long it can become very time-consuming to correct it, or in worst case means your esp can never be merged. By sending wip esp's on a regular basis you can avoid that situation. You don't have to worry about explaining anything when you send the wip, because sandor won't review it until you're finished -- he will only check for techical problems in the esp file.

Especially avoid ticking vwd checkboxes in your esp, and also be sure to mod dialogue in a different esp than your main one. Generally speaking it's always better to send several smaller esp's than a single big one whenever you can, depending on the overall size of the work you're submitting of course.

Have fun! Post if you need help. Smile
05-22-2007, 11:41 PM,

I like your enthusiasm, Fenaro. Reminds me of myself when I first started out Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-23-2007, 04:33 PM,

Well if i remind you of you then that is definitly a good sign, imo.