Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Structure
06-24-2007, 12:30 AM,

The other thing I thought of was the mlitary section you have marked in yellow

I think this would be good if we made that section the construction areas (where the centurians were built)

and have a corridor that runs around the the city 2 levels high were the centurians stand guard and can shoot their bolts (dwemer darts)
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-25-2007, 02:08 AM,

well, first we'd have to get a crossbow, but there's a crossbow resource floating around out there, but aside from that, guard posts are a good idea, and vital to the defense of any city. Prehaps this corridor could connect to some of the high towers on the outside of the city?

Then once you open the doors and such from the inside, you can have quick access to the outside world, and into dumac.
(if that sounded confusing, basically just hide a key for the tower door inside dumac. once you find it, you can go into and out of dumac without having to navigate the tests)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-25-2007, 03:50 AM,

I was thinking along those lines yes

something like this, were the corridors are open to the interior of the city all around it and also doors leading outside to guard positions

see screeny

also why do we need crossbows will we not have the centurian sphere's ?

Enjoy
Bob

06-25-2007, 01:25 PM,

Well when you say bolts, i think crossbows, plus i'm not quite sure what a sphere centurion is exactly, though i gather it shoots things. HOW it shoots things i'm not sure of, you seem to imply that it does not require a crossbow or other external mechanism to shoot bolts, and i'm not sure how we would accomplish that

And yes, corridors should be open to the city, heavily guarded, and prehaps have large steam-operated blast doors? Prehaps you have to activate boilers to open them, and the only way to do that is to go mine coal from the mines down below and use it to fire up the ancient technology. Lots of interconnectedness
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Well when you say bolts, I think crossbows, plus i'm not quite sure what a sphere centurion is exactly, though I gather it shoots things. HOW it shoots things i'm not sure of, you seem to imply that it does not require a crossbow or other external mechanism to shoot bolts, and i'm not sure how we would accomplish that

These guys...they shoot darts from the extended arm
The Dwemer version of an archer, we got to have these guys in
Dumac Big Grin

06-25-2007, 02:58 PM,

not sure if that's possible in oblivion by default... did they do anything special to get that to happen? like is it a "spell" that shoots the darts? or is there just a setting to have the creature shoot darts out of it's hand.

I know we've got some dwemer creatures, thanks to lore creatures (i think) so does anyone know if we have a working sphere centurion?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala