Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Structure
06-11-2007, 03:24 AM,

What small things are we looking for
besides the books and quest development which I know I have to do

The sword is in work ?
What about the synthsis machine, have we come up with a concept on that ?

Also the internal structure of the ruins how, many sections are we going to have?

how many of those sections are we going to have access to for the first primary quest?

What are we going to call them? I think some of this is answered in the ES3 version, but we are also going to have a working mine and an actual dwemer city so we need to consider that as well

just things to ponder on Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-11-2007, 08:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
What small things are we looking for
besides the books and quest development which I know I have to do

The sword is in work ?
What about the synthsis machine, have we come up with a concept on that ?

Also the internal structure of the ruins how, many sections are we going to have?

how many of those sections are we going to have access to for the first primary quest?

What are we going to call them? I think some of this is answered in the ES3 version, but we are also going to have a working mine and an actual dwemer city so we need to consider that as well

The Weapon is in the works, got the dialogue done, Synthesis machine concept, Nope. As for the rest I think a general discussion would cover this.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-12-2007, 09:35 PM,

Think we should have a separate sticky for the models in the claims forum? I think the jobs thread has served it's purpose, and many things could be shifted over to the claims.

We just need a place where all the models that need to be done can be seen clearly by themselves. I tend to skip to the last post when checking threads, so often i'd miss the first post that has the critical information. A thread with one post of models might fix this. Then we can redirect people to the dwemer progress thread.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-18-2007, 04:47 AM,

So our intention then(correct me cause I know I'll be wrong) is to tie the dwemer progress to our development board so that when something is happening we have a visual here in the Dumac board

this is good :check:

Sword in work :check:
Book in work :check:

Now we decide how many section Dumac will have
The ES3 version has 9 interiors

They are

Enterance:
Currently this holds the 1test, we propose to bring in all 4 tests in order to gain enterance to the main hall.

Hall of the Dwarf King:
This is basically a throne room, their are several smaller rooms which lead off of this, they are storage areas mostly

Maw of Angthuac:
This is basically a large lave cave, their are 2 levels above the cave that are remains of corridors, their plenty of steam turbines here and lots of centurians to deal with

Obsevatory:
Just what it is, nothing more

The Underhall:
Just a Hallway, not much in here except machines and centurian

The Vaults:
This is actually pretty large, it consists of several rooms of various treasures, the entire room is a puzzle of broken sections and large rock formations which have shattered the interiors

The Warrens:
This is several rooms, 5 levels high, not uch but machinary and loot and creatures to fight along the way

The Bandit Lair and The Outpost
listed under Dumac interiors, they are both closely orientated to the Ruin Enterance and are part of the overall quest.

So we have the above, and we are going to add what?

The City, which will include several homes, stores and a school of Aastronomy (?)Science (?)
The Mine
The ????
The ????
The ????

Enjoy
Bob

06-19-2007, 02:57 AM,

Given the nature of the Dwemer tileset I think it lends itself very well to being planned out on gridded paper via pencil & ruler. Maybe we could make a fun contest out of it, to pass the time until TID finishes his tileset?

What I was thinking was -- and it's just an idea -- that you guys whom are in charge of Dumac's development could select X number of layouts and ask people here to submit scanned layouts they've drawn up. They could make clammers to indicate doors and squares to indicate windows (or somesuch), just like on a real architectural plan. Then after the time runs out you could select a winner by informal PM vote amongst yourselves. We could definitely make a news item about it as well. What's in it for the guys drawing the layout? Knowing that others think they're best at designing layouts Big Grin Heck, just arranging it would be fun even if no-one should submit but I know there's talented concept artists lurking about so I would have no fears about that.

(On a sidenote if we go through with it there should be a restriction on how many tileset pieces a.k.a. squares on the gridded paper the artist can use, so that you guys are sure the designs can be modded in practice.)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-19-2007, 01:20 PM,

That sounds like a good idea. If we're going to have people design the layouts, first we need to know where everything goes however.

Here's my rough layout of where each layout will be placed in the final city. it's roughly proportionate, but remember that i cannot show depth. some sections will likely extend above and below other sections, but that can be outlined and decided later.

I color coded it, so here's the key:
The entrance and tests is black.
The main city and residential is orange
The throne room is red. Prehaps the vaults could be directly below?
The council chambers and main control room is the darker green
The military section is yellow, this includes arsenal, defense controls, ect
Light green is the observatory.
The light blue is the industrial complex. this will be lower than the residential, and extend under it
the grey is the mines and caves. This goes under the industrial, as well as some near the military.

any comments?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM,

Good Suggestion RW

We should be able to provide as much information as possible ie Area Names and # of levels

Good Start Seniosh

Heres and example of a possible Entry of course like Seniosh this is only a 1 dimensional example and levels alot open to the imagination

Bob

06-19-2007, 06:03 PM,

Yup, that's something like what i'd want to see, though in a bit more detail as you said.

Then, we could plug those levels into the overall city, and we know where they are in relation to everything else, and what they connect to.

If we can get other people to design levels like that, we can have a whole layout done for when the tileset's ready.

Should i create a sticky asking for people to create level designs? Bob, you seem to know the most about the levels and such, from TES3 dumac. Want to take the map that i created and then explain and expand on all of the rooms, so that people can get an idea of how much to lay out, where it will go, what they need to do?

If so, then maybe you should make the thread.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-19-2007, 10:09 PM,

Yes

Lets open a Thread for Layout Concept Ideas

What we have with ES3 will help but this should be something new
other than the area names (what we have in 3 and what we add) the only thing I would like to see the same is the test of Disorder which Z made for ES3, it is quite a good puzzle (it really needs to be renamed "test of patterns") cause it is more like following a plan.

Which reminds me, we could also do with some ideas on what we want to do with the "Tests"

Probably could take a few ideas from Tribunal , Sotha's Clockwork City included all 4 tests

Enjoy
Bob

06-20-2007, 03:59 AM,

I'll open a thread for the layout then. If you have ideas for any of the tests, feel free to open a thread for each of them to discuss. I'm too sleepy to do much thinking right now.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala