Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Road to Silgrad (revisited)
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM,
The Road to Silgrad (revisited)
Howdy

Since thier has been fresh interest in what we are doing in ES3 and I have heard some of you all now as well as those in the past who have asked if we could look into changing the "Road to Silgrad" to make it more player friendly

I had originally thought of taking this out completely and extablishing a means to get to Silgrad through the Mages Guild or other method.

But honestly this would be an insult to those who put so much effort into this wonderful mod. So I think we should keep it, but change it a bit.

My first idea which goes back over a year to when I first joined was to move the "Road to Silgrad" from Gnaar Mok. Build a small start up town south of Hla Oad and have the Pirate Adventure begin their. But not end when you get off the boat on the mainland (Latrys Island) But to be part of a much bigger adventure involving both the Pirates and the Legio Argonis (some of this has been discussed in other threads) It would be part of a Imperial Legion Quest which would come to the Nerevarine via messenger directly from Cyrodiil, asking the Nerevarine to investigate a pirate uprising along the Bitter Coast. Which will send the player to this new village and eventually to Silgrad, to the Legio and into battle against the pirates. Of course this is just a suggestion and I would love to hear others. SO please if you all have any ideas post them !!

Thanks Much and Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-20-2007, 07:46 AM,

First i need to say that i didnt play Silgrad Tower. I never play unfinished mods, and that is way i joined, to finish it and to play it. The same goes with TR map 1.

So with that in mind i hope i'm talking about the correct place. The one with the ship, and behind is a large wall of sltw_ZA_inviso_border-s. Now i would realy like to remove this borders(all of them, all over the world) as they kill that infinite Morrowind we all like.

Now i too wouldnt remove it, but a change is good. A new town would be best as i dont like how ST changes the original game(Gnaar Mok). I know it needs to change something, but lets keep it to the minimum.
06-20-2007, 04:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
First I need to say that I didn't play Silgrad Tower. I never play unfinished mods, and that is way I joined, to finish it and to play it. The same goes with TR map 1.

So with that in mind I hope i'm talking about the correct place. The one with the ship, and behind is a large wall of sltw_ZA_inviso_border-s. Now I would realy like to remove this borders(all of them, all over the world) as they kill that infinite Morrowind we all like.

Now I too wouldn't remove it, but a change is good. A new town would be best as I dont like how ST changes the original game(Gnaar Mok). I know it needs to change something, but lets keep it to the minimum.

And were glad your here !!

Yes your talking about the correct one.

Exactly, keeping it to a minimum might be difficult if it is decided to go with my original plan, but thats why I want other options

the plan would involve alot of scripting because it would build this town and the pirate camps the way it was done with Raven Rock in Bloodmoon. It would also require being able to move the ship (Maria Daria) to several different locations during the adventure.

Enjoy
Bob

06-20-2007, 05:40 PM,

Yes i like that, but there is a big problem. Do we have scripters?
Could we use something like that ultimate galeon(or what is that name?) in this. Change it a bit so it fits our mod.
06-20-2007, 06:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
Yes I like that, but there is a big problem. Do we have scripters?
Could we use something like that ultimate galeon(or what is that name?) in this. Change it a bit so it fits our mod.

Sadly we do not

06-21-2007, 07:55 AM,

Cripes, I just posted a big idea in the converstaion on this in the bugs section. Below is the copied version :bananarock:

I was thinking, perhaps we need to integrate the ST landmass much more with Vvardenfell. I mean, its mainland Tamriel! Why do we need a 'pirate' quest as an excuse to go there? Perhaps if we build a major port in Vvardenfell which partners with a major port in the mainland, which could have a major involvement in transport between the landmasses and also trade.

A mages guild guide is Ok, but I'm sure that with trading etc, the movement between would need to be more 'large scale' and 'practical' than a magick spell.

On the subject of a port, perhaps we could use my Seyda Neen (incomplete) expansion as a 'gateway'. This would introduce ST to the PC very early on, and I think help the two integrate better. :bananarock:

Whaddya all say?
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.
06-21-2007, 12:05 PM,

This is how i would do it:
First change the original quest to a more PC friendly. And after the PC starts the quest, and steps on the mainland, make a trigger that would create several NPC all over the MW, and mainland. Some NPC would be mage guild guides, some boat travel... This way there would be several ways to go back to MW or mainland. But they would only be created IF the PC starts the quest. Not finish, just start.
And also i would make a new town (very small) of the coast of Hla Oad as Bob wants. Conect that town with Hla Oad by boat, and let the quest start in that town.
And as i said before keep the changes to the original MW as small as posible. The best would be just one NPC, one ship and one dock piece that would be placed in Hla Oad. Now that may not be posible, but let us try it.
06-21-2007, 02:25 PM,

For the most part I agree with the both of you on this, after all it is morrowind mainland not a different planet, thier should be many means to travel their and back which would have been established long ago.

We could add an NPC to the Mages Guild in Balmora and in Sadrith Mora
who could send the player to Silgrad and to RP respectively

We could add a small ship and NPC to Ebonheart Docks which can take the player to Steadhelm

As far as the pirate adventure, add a few buildings south of Hla Oad, add 3 or 4 NPC's to this area, using the colony building pieces we can add 2 or 3 more buildings which would give the appearance that the town is being built (we wouldn't have to worry about scripting anything for this)

We can give the NPC's of this new town some dialogue about "pirate raids" which is causing delays in the building of the town

Add a messenger to Ald ruhn OR just let the player come across this town through the course of adventuring.

We remove all the killing of the townspeople which is currently part of the "Road to Silgrad"

And figure out what to do with the rest Smile

Enjoy
Bob

06-22-2007, 11:40 AM,

We need avoid making the mainland feel like Solthseim, as if it is an 'extention' to Vvardenfell and needs a quest, or a few specific NPCs to get there. It needs to be treated simply as a big chunk of the main world, simply seperated by an expanse of water, and as if it is 'usual' for one to pass from one to the other.

For this to work there needs to be lots of travel and interaction between bthe two, or at least two cities, like there is between say, Vivec and Balmora.

This requires new dialogue for old Vvardenfell NPCs, and perhaps either extentions/alterations of existing quests to involve the player in the mainland much more, completely new quests, or a mixture of both.

I like the docks idea, but again, I feel that we need possibly less emphasis on mage's guild transport, where maybe we could offer this method to higher members of the guild or involve the process in higher quests. I always thought that Morrowind would be full of septimillionaires if trade, commerce and transport could be executed so easily by not just traders, but COMMONERS (since the prices for travel in vanilla MW imply that the payment for fast travel is equivelant to in real life, say, purchasing a newspaper) in such a simple manner, with just a magick spell. (Thats why I play with eco-adjuster).

We need to think in realisitic terms about travel between two landmasses/ports in a world where magic IS present, but should not be considered the primary method of transport, but more like a privelage to those skilled in the atrs of magicka, and who deserve an alternative to such primitive measures as getting on a boat.

Finally, I'm sure that the introduction to the mainland would go smoother if the journey was made by boat and the PC arrived in a port, rather than in a mage's guild, creating a sort of anti-climax. It'd be like travelling to New York for the first time, but arriving in the sewers and having to emerge through a drainhole to get to the city. :bananarock:

Phew...
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.
06-22-2007, 12:48 PM,

Aah, the road to Silgrad Tower... I have many fond memories of that one. I spent a good fifty hours just getting the scripts to behave like I wanted them to Big Grin And around a hundred more hours on the rest of it. I agree it has flaws, especially the dialogue bug that gives rumors to all NPCs, but it also makes getting to our lands ten times more interesting than it was before imho.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]