Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Federation
07-02-2007, 08:07 PM,
Imperial Federation
Hey Kukulza I've been thinking since we went weight watcher on the factions to the extreme limiting it to alot. Why not combine some of the Imperial Factions/Guilds into a Federation to aim for better Imperial Goals. They could have 3 wings. Military wing= Fighter's Guild, Imperial guard guild and Knights. Political and Knowledge wing mage's guild and some branch of government say the Duke's personal crew. and the Economic wing Cenus Office and the East Empire company. It could work out well instead of joining many become part of the Federation and work with all wings to increase your standing and say with the Federation. Heck it could work we know the Empire is falling apart so might as well band together to start focusing on the future of the Imperial people.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-02-2007, 08:38 PM,

Sounds like a good concept... BUT, wouldn't it be pretty much the same as creating miniature versions of all the existing factions? Well actually, I guess that is what we're after.
The factions banding together sounds good if you're talking about the Imperial run factions - The Cult, Legion and Company. But if the Empire is having its fallout in leadership, I would think that other factions would be putting a hand toward the local rulers. But with House Indoril in ruin, and NerAlmaVec Sil (four gods in one!) gone, that wouldn't necessarily be under the Tribunal. In that case I'm inclined to believe that a federation might be centered around the three Great Houses, who pretty much are the authority in Vvardenfell's politcal atmosphere by this time.
What do you think?
07-02-2007, 09:24 PM,

The Great Houses hate each other and are all aiming for themselves these are Smart Imperials who know that they can always beat the Dummer in Economy, Political magical, and Military wings and incase the Empire falls apart they are a now a local major power. Like when roman fell apart the legions conquered their own lands and those became countries and what not. Think ahead!
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-02-2007, 10:18 PM,

I see what you're aiming at. But you need a figurehead at the top of the chain, someone who comes out with all the power, and the Roman Generals never did. It was guys like Merovich and Alboin who ended founding all those new countries. The Barbarians, you know, the people indeginous to the regions that the Romans couldn't control anymore.
07-02-2007, 11:51 PM,

These Imperial's don't care about the locals just want to make a profit and control them.
07-03-2007, 12:01 AM,

Not all, only the Company. The FG actually believes it's doing something right. Same goes for the cult. They believe they do something good.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
07-15-2007, 05:38 PM,

Kukulza any input?
07-16-2007, 02:01 PM,

the Mages Guild can still stand alone and has proven it can compete with the Telvanni...
the Thieves Guild is dead... dead dead dead.... so no use talking about them here

that leaves what? Fighters Guild, Imperial Legions, Nine Divines, East Empire Company?

I can see a regulatory/police faction coming out of a sort of conglomeration of the dying Fighters Guild, the understaffed Legions, and the unpopular East Empire Company. They can guard/regulae politics, economy, and feuding on a local level... sorta like Duke Vedam Dren's own groupie. I can also see how it'd be totally redundant.... and while the Fighters Guild might merge with the Legions in a very unique and desperate union.... the East Empire Company is big... and isn't exactly controlled by the Duke, so they don't HAVE TO listen to him... though they usually will, but they answer back to Cyrodiil just like the Duke does... except the Duke has the extra burden of having to go through Helseth for big matters

correct me if I'm wrong but won't you find plenty of economics in Hlaalu and local fighting and ending feuds with Redoran?

I'm not trying to shoot down an idea, but like you said when we went 'weight watchers' on the faction list... we don't all have the time/effort to make every possible faction on Vvardenfell.. know what i mean?
07-16-2007, 05:17 PM,

You know, I never really percieved the fighters' guild to be hitting the rocks for some reason... even though that was bascically the FG plot in Oblivion. But the Mages' Guild is fine right?
07-18-2007, 01:13 AM,

in Vvardenfell they've had their setbacks but they're pretty strong
in the Fighters Guild their whole prominent leadership was destroyed, morale on the downside, etc.

Alexander the Great once said something like
"I do not fear an army of lions led by a lamb, but I do fear an army of sheep led by a lion"

however skilled the mercenaries in the Fighters Guild are, without good management, how is an even morally-righteous mercenary organization going to fare being headless (without capable leaders)... ?
Percius Mercius was good, but he is old, retired... and Ald-ruhn was owned... he was in Ald-ruhn...

I don't know if we should have him live or not Confusedhrug:

in a way, though sad, I feel that he should be dead... add another one who was a casualty to the brutal and deep-rooted violence that is Vvardenfell... Ald-ruhn ruined... Thieves Guild dead, Fighters Guild about to die... Dark Brotherhood wiped out of Vvardenfell for the most part... defecting legionnaires... Telvanni and Guild Mages tearing each other apart... etc.