Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Federation
07-18-2007, 02:38 AM,

^ You've got a point, Mercius was a cool guy, but we don't want too many "wedge-type characters", because think about it, did he really contribute at all to the FG plot? He gave missions at one time or another, but he wasn't a key character in the story like Eydis was, and she's still alive in Sheogorad somewhere.

If we take out familiar faces like Mercius, it adds to the air of the disarray that has descended upon Vvardenfell. While we're on the subject, KuKulza, could you look over the interior claim for the Fighters' Guild I made in Balmora and see if I should change anything? I think I quoted your description of the guild there, but I just want to be sure that the correct npcs and overall visions for the guildhall is in order. Thanks.
07-19-2007, 01:28 AM,

Actually he was major he stopped the Cammong tong corruption. Maybe he can be alive but say retired just watching over.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-20-2007, 04:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Actually he was major he stopped the Cammong tong corruption. Maybe he can be alive but say retired just watching over.
unfortunately by having majority of the FG's leadership killed, just goes to show how 'dead' it was anyhow ....I'm sure as long as he lives he will watch over the FG though, he;s a good guy, one of those people who if we met in real life, we'd admire their undying devotion to their organization
07-20-2007, 08:38 PM,

How about having his death occur "onstage", either just before or just as the PC arrives? Kinda like Mace Windu, the Samuel L Jedi who got his own more meaningful death rather than being impersonally assassinated as the other Jedi were.

Steve
07-20-2007, 10:22 PM,

Samuel L. Jackson can cameo as Saint Nerevar!
I actually think that having a unique (and visible) death would add a solid, memorable moment to the game, don't you?
07-24-2007, 05:52 AM,

A memorable death would be good. Perhaps old enemies looking for payback? However I like the idea of an Imperial Federation. Basically what I think they would do is bleed the country dry of resources and take over when everything collapses (even though it's technically part of the Empire).

How to kill off old Mercius? Maybe something accidental, being killed in an ambush while travelling with a group of Fighters guild members? However I think that his death should be meaningful to the player, so perhaps it would be wise to keep him around, make him serve as sort of a guide, companion, and mentor through Vvardenfell? Make his death hurt the player in some way. Make it meaningful, rather than just say, oh, Percius was killed when fighting, yeah, it was a while ago. Yep. That's how it happened.

I personally see him kicking ass if his life was in danger. And you have to remember that he is a bloody soldier after all. He knows how to protect himself. I think it should be something simple, like being killed by bandits or mauraders. Maybe he should be killed by what's left of the Legion, as it solidifies control and creates a martial state of law, which I completely see it doing in such an event. The Legion would seize as much power and territory as it could, after all it has no Emperor leading it, so the Elder Council would probably use it as a tool to forcibly hold the Empire together. Well, that's my two cents.
Close shut the Jaws of Oblivion? They look more like Gates to me...
07-24-2007, 03:26 PM,

what if the Legions go rogue instead?
all except the Moonmoth and Hawkmoth that is...

maybe the Deathshead in Gnisis doesn't take orders from the Duke anymore, and some Legionnaires desert from the Legion and pillage the countryside... and Fighters Guild are hired by the Duke to keep the roads safe... not only from bandits but from ex-Legionnaires? Now that would really show the break down of power.... the 'Balkanization' and downward spiral of Vvardenfell's political landscape...
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM,

Sounds neat maybe we can dwell into this a litte more.
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM,

maybe loyal Legionnaires, volunteers and Fighters Guild members make an organization sponsored by Duke Vedam Dren to keep the roads safe.... and to pursue and capture/kill bandits, ex-legionnaires, etc. They will work with the Great Houses to bring these folks to justice.... problem of course is that they aren't exactly a very strong force considering the remaining legions are holed up in their forts, there's not a lot of manpower to go around... and the bulk of the Fighters Guild is guarding Ebonheart docks for the East Empire Company... they will not prefer a low-paying police-patrol/SWAT team job for their relatively comfortable and high paying current assignment...

so I guess this is like the Iraqi police right now over in war-torn Iraq...
understaffed, brave, not paid all that much, and could get killed at any moment...

come to think of it... Vvardenfell is a little like Iraq... USA is liek the Empire, but its losing its grip due to poor leadership, mismanagement, corruption, and hostilities... Marsh Arabs are like Ashlanders... oppressed but defiant... Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites are three main groups like three great houses... oil is like ebony, big stuff, people fight over it... desert storms... ashstorms... terrorists.... 6th House... wow.... :|
07-24-2007, 05:28 PM,

General Darius could be like the Roman general's of old when the empire collapsed they made their own countries. Darius could become rogue and have his men all over the place.