Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Federation
07-24-2007, 06:19 PM,

Niiice, I'm liking this. Maybe Darius sort of grabs control of Gnisis? Did the Redoran have a strong hold on the city? I don't remember much of a house presence being there while doing the claims.
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM,

A neat aspect to this is that Darius could attempt to seize control "in the name of the Empire." After all, even after completing the MQ, the Imperial government is in deep wakka-wakka and the restive outlying provinces are very likely to quit resting Smile and openly revolt. He could paint it as a kind of "preemptive war" if you will.

His true motive? Could be up to the PC to find out...

Steve
07-25-2007, 05:55 AM,

I don't know. Darius didn't strike me as the "conquer" the local people type. If anything, I think he would have had his men defend the town from outsiders and rogue legionnaires. Perhaps as Imperial control loosens, the Imperial Legion garrisons begin to fortify each particular town. Gnisis, being an outlying mining colony would doubtlessly been built up slightly even before the Legion began to fortify its borders. I honestly see the Legion working to secure the individual townships. The wilderness in Vvardenfell was a dangerous place even in TES3, I mean it's almost as if the Cliff Racers had some sort of military strategy to take over the entire continent!

I think the Imperial Cult would definitly use the Legions as a means of protection. Possibly even as a tool to further their preachings. For example, the Cult wants the Tribunal temple gone, yet the temple still remains. So they send a Legion, not simply a garrison, an entire Legion to Vivec. While I know it wouldn't be concievable, as it would almost instantly mean the withdrawl of the Dunmer from the Empire, it could happen. Or perhaps the temple does something along those lines and the Imperial forces need to fend off the attacks of the crazed Tribunal worshippers, blowing themselves up with suicide Magicka attacks. I can see the next Black Horse Courier headline now.

"Tribunal worshipper kills seven, blows up Silt Strider with fire spell."
Close shut the Jaws of Oblivion? They look more like Gates to me...
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM,

Very unthought there. Suicide bombers? No this is a fantasy game not some middle east country which cannot function like the rest of us.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM,

Hey, I know. I was simply playing off of a previous post in which the member said that Vvardenfell was a lot like Iraq.

Regardless, if there's going to be an Imperial Federation, we have to come up with a really good plot that will involve all the members of each guild/faction.
Close shut the Jaws of Oblivion? They look more like Gates to me...
01-05-2008, 06:37 PM,

Lets plot then...?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
01-05-2008, 07:32 PM,

I've written an Imperial Legion plotline and questline (here), use it, retrofit it for your idea, atleast dó something with it.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild