Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veranis Hall General Information
07-03-2007, 01:29 AM,
Veranis Hall General Information
Howdy

Originally when this Esp was made by Ben Vagara this town was called
Verarchen Hall, Ben requested the name change so here it is.

Ben Wrote about the area:

Located south of Verarchen Pass in a lovely little valley, Verarchen Hall is ideally situated on the road between Silgrad Tower to the north and Karthor Dale to the south. Verarchen Hall derived its name from an old tavern and boarding house set up centuries ago by traders and travellers in this wild, mountainous region. It is rumored that the name Verarchen comes from the Daedric term, Verukashalpi, meaning "high place of truth". Or so the story goes. It has been claimed by Nords, Dunmer and Imperials, though none have completely tamed it. The villagers are quite independent in their thinking and are accustomed to adventurers, travelers, traders and others...

South of the village is the massive new Verarchen Hall, home of the wealthy Redoran Nord governing the area.

If you compare the maps of our Silgrad Mod vs. Ben's layout the two towns are not the same. This is due to the Overlapping of the two mods when merged, The Southern boarder of Silgrad was made so it would look like the end of the world, large mountains were placed boardering the southern section. The Velothi Mountains Mod overlapped right into it about 5 cells north to south and across the whole southern section, the amount of work involved to fix this overlapping was much to encumbering, it was decided to pick up Ben's Village and re-arrange it.

Most of the Key elements are still in place, some work remains on the landscaping to give it the small but useful dock just to the east

The village is a mixture of Nord, Redoran and Imperial citizens, thier is no Imperial Garrison and the Governorship belongs to a Nord, though their is one Redoran House Father who resides here, it is not by choice.

Technically this area is believed to be under House Hlaalu Jurisdiction, but this is just one of many viewpoints, not worth arguing over.

Because the village is spread out so far I needed 3 Screenies to cover the still needed interiors listed below.

Also we will be adding in a few shacks near the docks and those claims will be added then.

EDIT: This post has been revised to include new screen shots of Veranis Hall as it is in the Velothi Mountains Mod, we will not be redoing any of the existing interiors which meet the criteria, but will be adding about 15 claims for Veranis Hall

6 interiors identified in green require review to determine if they we need to be redone or fixed

All those numbered in RED are available for claiming

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM,

Howdy

With the addition of the new claims and the eventual renaming of several of them I ask you all to come up with some interesting fun things for this town.

We currently have

2 Inns
3 Taverns
5 General Merchandise

I think this is plenty for a town this size

the Other 10 homes are devoted to private residence

I'm good with this arrangement but if you all have other ideas I will be happy to hear them, for the current I will put the claims in and mark them as "pending"

Enjoy
Bob

09-23-2007, 02:01 AM,

Howdy

I have a change of plan for Veranis Hall

Sorry

But the good news is we are not far along on VH claims that this change will not affect much

As I often do, if I look at something long enough I see things that I don't like about them and change them completely. Its a bad habit !

This is the case with VH, the original Velothi Mountains version was nice, but had to be changed in order to fit with the merging of Silgrad, the change was poorly done, so I changed it again.

I am currently in work on re-landscaping the cells -14,-7, -14,-8
-15,-7 and -15,-8 and -15,-9 in order to make VH more appealing

I have also removed the large velothi style manor home and replaced it with a Large Nord Manor, extended the port added homes near the docks which are a primary fishing source, added farm land and farm houses and other things, this will take a bit of time, but once I am done I will send out to all of you a copy of the new esp and you all can let me know what you think needs changing or fixing and I will do that until we are happy with the looks of the town

Hopefully it will be appealing to all

Enjoy
Bob

09-23-2007, 07:09 AM,

Looks much better, how about adding a few shacks?
And that manor is a great fix, i realy didnt like that old one.
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM,

Thanks

Yes shacks will be added, but I am not quite sure where to add them yet
I will have to think on that some Smile

Enjoy
Bob

10-06-2007, 01:37 AM,
Veranis Hall Update
Howdy

I think we have enough in place to begin building the Interiors for Veranis Hall, their are some interiors which have been completed allready from previous claims I will review those and use them were applicable, otherwise we will be starting fresh.

Below are the screenshots of the area and 25 claims (for now) some shacks will be added later and the lighthouse will also be re-done later

These buildings need owners and we need to decide if their going to be residences or stores or both, their are 2 inn/taverns in VH, the 2 ex_common_house_tall_02 should be used for these

Enjoy
Bob