Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exterior Planning
07-11-2007, 07:46 PM,

Well.... it's a very simple generation... it will need work to make it really atmospheric. I went ahead and generated again only this time adding SI trees as well. The rocks aren't generating. I don't know why that is, perhaps we'll need to find someone who knows their way around the region generator better who can help with that. The great thing about this, is that not only is the generator creating the vertex shading, it's also belding in the ground textures, and adding the swampy grass textures from the Leyawiin region too. So it's really saving us some time.

It's strange to how much of a difference trees can make!

Perhaps, if you want, when you get home, you could help with generating some other regions... even without the proper assets I think it's working out pretty well for a placeholder.

Is your PC any good? Like, does it exceed the CS requirements? Mine's not bad, and the generation takes about 10 minutes + 5 minutes for LOD, but the BC is a small region so it could take much longer for other locations.

[Image: ScreenShot652.jpg]

I've uploaded more screens to my Photobucket.

Quote:What did you make of those BC rocks, btw?
Which rocks do you mean?
07-11-2007, 08:15 PM,

I'm not exactly much of a member yet, but I'd like to stat contributing for starters.

Firstly, I don't think we should use any of the stock Oblivion trees. They are simply out of place in Vvardenfell.

Does anyone agree with me that Dementia is the spitting image of the Bitter Coast, and Mania, of the Ascadian Isles?

I think the SI assets are more then enough to make both of these regions...
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM,

Quote:Does anyone agree with me that Dementia is the spitting image of the Bitter Coast, and Mania, of the Ascadian Isles?

Yes, I agree. However, I think there are a few trees from Oblivion though that would come in useful. The SI trees all have very windy branches, it might look a tad repetetive and weird if every tree was similar. That, and the fact you cannot rotate or scale trees... but I can generate it to see what it look like, if you think it'd be worth a go?
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Yes, I agree. However, I think there are a few trees from Oblivion though that would come in useful. The SI trees all have very windy branches, it might look a tad repetetive and weird if every tree was similar. That, and the fact you cannot rotate or scale trees... but I can generate it to see what it look like, if you think it'd be worth a go?

Yeah, I think it's worth a try.
07-11-2007, 08:38 PM,

I copied the Dementia region data and used for generating the Bitter Coast. It's taking longer than the other generations, but I think it should look good, actually. I'll get some screenshots soon. Smile
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM,

Nice! Can't wait to see it (I've actually yet to play Shivering Isles or got it to work).
07-11-2007, 09:12 PM,

It crashed. Sad I thought it would have. I'll try again in a minute.
07-11-2007, 10:01 PM,

Alright, finally off work. :banana:
What are you using to generate? I figure I'll grab the dementia assets and generate the Ascadian Isles.
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM,

Use the attached file for the regions.

Do you know about generating? If not, here's what I do (from the top of my head):

Just go to World->regions

Select the Vvardenfell worldspace, then select Ascadian Isles.

Go to objects

Click 'Copy data from other region'

Select + choose Mania (I don't know the proper region name, but the dementia one was just called dementiaregion, or something like that).

Click Generate objects for this region. Ignore the message.... and wait.

It'll probably crash, so I recommend you make a smaller region inside of the AI region, or get rid of the rocks (right click->delete), leaving only trees and generate. Trees seem to work ok for me, it's the rocks and things that make it crash.

Good luck! Can't wait to see it.
07-11-2007, 10:55 PM,

Nope, can't do it. I can't run SI on my machine, I can only use SI assets. Tried three times, ended up reinstalling oblivion... three times. It sucks, I know. I'll just keep at Ebonheart and maybe try the West Gash?