Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exterior Planning
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM,

Damn. Sad Oh well.

Quote:maybe try the West Gash?

Sure. It's a big region mind you (the biggest in Vvardenfell, I think), you might want to figure out a few Ob trees to use beforehand.

Good luck.
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM,

Alright, I'm gonna be gone for like an hour, tops. I can't focus right now and I've got to find a solution for that because this is the only time of day I can actually sit down and work. X( Damn migranes. Don't worry I'll produce some results if it friggin kills me.
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM,

Take your time. Smile

I'm having problems too, with getting the generated trees and Hla Oad working properly with each other. It's a pain in the arse. The landscape that I edited in Hla Oad seems to get replaced back to normal state when I load it with the trees... so I'm left with Hla Oad floating in the air, all messed up and stuff. I've tried messing with load orders, but I can't get them to both work. Annoying. I'm gonna have to make some PM's about it.
07-11-2007, 11:48 PM,

... It crashed. A bunch of times, too. Like as soon as I started it, too. And on top of that, I'm worried about what that might do to Balmora. AND on top of THAT, my browser's acting funny. Other than that I'm just dandy! :bash:
07-12-2007, 12:13 AM,

It is annoying. It tends to crash a lot.

It the generator that crashed, right?

The options of whatever you wanted to generate really determine on how well it'll generate, you'll probably have figured that out yourself Tongue. I've been simply copying the stats of another region's generated objects. For example, the Bitter Coast region was 'LODSwampyXXX' (forgot the name), along with a few dementia trees. I copied the values of the trees from the LODSwampyXXX region's objects, and used them for the dementia trees. It usually works fine for me. The density, IMO is definitely something you'll need to keep an eye on, especially trees and rocks.

Anyway, I generated a small section of the AI region with a few Mania trees and rocks. I think it's nice, though a little too dense, I'll need to cut the amount of trees down. I'm also gonna generate some mushroom trees and a few others, it did get repetetive with just Mania trees from what I saw, unfortunately.

But aside from that, IMO TES4 Vvardenfell definitely has one of the best, most promising looking landmasses in any Oblivion mod I've seen to date... it's beautiful, with or without trees and rocks, I can't wait to see it all when it's finished.
07-12-2007, 01:12 AM,

If there's anything that I can help speed up with sheer processor power, let me know, I've got a pretty sweet computer.
07-12-2007, 01:15 AM,

:lmao: Now I envy you. It's taken nearly 30 minutes generating the AI region, and it's only half way!!

Do you have SI?
07-12-2007, 01:26 AM,

<insert various colourfully worded phrases here> Actually, now that you mention it, I believe that not only do I not have it installed, but have lent the disc to a friend X( X( X( I'll have to see about getting that back... The hard drive crashed a while back.
07-12-2007, 01:26 AM,

Hmmm, West Gash will probably need to go overnight, but I think it'll work this time *crosses fingers*
07-12-2007, 01:32 AM,

Quote:<insert various colourfully worded phrases here> Actually, now that you mention it, I believe that not only do I not have it installed, but have lent the disc to a friend. I'll have to see about getting that back...
:yes: I do recommend you get it back. We'll probably be using quite a bit of SI stuff.

Quote:Hmmm, West Gash will probably need to go overnight, but I think it'll work this time *crosses fingers*
I hope it works out. I may have to leave the AI region running overnight too, it seems to be taking forever.

Here's a fewscreenshots of what I did do for a small part of the AI using SI trees:

What d'you think? Still needs rocks, plants and mushroom trees though.