Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exterior Planning
07-12-2007, 01:44 AM,

It looks good, but I wonder if the tree density should be turned down a little bit. I could be way off, but I remember less foliage, I think it'd look crowded by the time you mixed in Mushrooms. Though, if the number of tree objects was the same but mixed between mushrooms and the trees you have now, I don't think It'd look as crowded. (Because it's the foliage on the trees that's creating this effect.) Maybe crowded is the wrong word... Is there a way to reduce the number of leaves on the trees?
07-12-2007, 01:50 AM,

You'd probably have to edit them with speedtree or something. I dunno, I'm not sure on that one. I agree with the density. :yes: Every tree in SI has a version without leaves, just the trunks and branches... but they may look too bare looking. Confusedhrug:

Once this has finished generating for the full region, I'll see how it looks, and decide on whether or not it'll need generating again. :goodjob:
07-12-2007, 01:57 AM,

Yeah, they definitely need some foliage, maybe it needs to be more dull, is that possible? Something just doesn't look the same as it did in Morrowind... Don't get me wrong though, it looks great! :yes:
07-12-2007, 02:04 AM,

See that's the thing that't the hardest about this mod as a whole, getting the atmosphere near that of Morrowind's. It's not impossible, it's just gonna take some time, skill and a bit of practice beforehand.

Keep in mind though... this is 6 years after Oblivion's setting (or 12, because I read Oblivion was 6 years after MW, and our mod is 6 years after OB, or something like that), and after the death of Dagoth Ur and all that, apparently, there was a tad of a growth in plant life, but perhaps not as much as I generated.

I cancelled the generation, couldn't be bothered to wait, it will have turned out too full anyway. I'll try again in a minute.

How about we try some non-SI trees with it? because I remember that there were a few very pale green/leafy looking type trees... perhaps if we retex somehow, or find some pale trees, we can use those.

Anywho, here's a screenshot of the Bitter Coast. It's meant to be rainforest like, IIRC, let me know what you reckon of this. remember that there will be Dwemer, Daedric, towns and dunmer strongholds here too, it won't all be trees. Wink
07-12-2007, 02:09 AM,

Crashed, again. Dave, I think you ought to do the West Gash. I need some of those SI trees in there, and I just can't get that stuff without a huge hassle. And other than that I have no clue what I'm doing either :confused:
07-12-2007, 02:11 AM,

That looks really close to morrowind! Add a wee bit of fog and the Odd Netch floating around and it would look exactly the same, but better because of Oblivion's rendering ability.

Awesome job. It's this kind of thing that could really help to bring in new modders and moddelers.
07-12-2007, 02:13 AM,

:| Alright. I think it may need a bit of planning ahead anyway...

I'll see what the CS makes of the AI region one last time.

Quote:That looks really close to morrowind! Add a wee bit of fog and the Odd Netch floating around and it would look exactly the same, but better because of Oblivion's rendering ability.
Big Grin Yeah, like I said, I can't wait for when this mod's complete. It's great making it, and it's gonna be great playing it!

The fog- Haha, that's what I tried to do with Hla Oad, if you check some of the screenshots. I imagined the bitter coast to be very misty and humid, just like a rainforest. It'd be great if we could get a proper misty/foggy effect, but not as thick so that you can still see stuff ahead and in the distance.
07-12-2007, 02:24 AM,

Ah damn, I didn't even see that shot. This landmass is really starting to look pretty. Aright, let's plan ahead what we need for rocks. Umm well, are you actually managing to get rocks to spawn, Dave?
07-12-2007, 02:30 AM,

For the Bitter Coast- No, I don't know why, though I'm thinking of trying something that might work. Sad

For the Ascadian Isles- Yes, and I think I know why.
07-12-2007, 04:20 AM,

Right, here's what I've made of the Ascadian Isles. This includes rocks and bushes, although they're sparse and unrecognizeable from a distance, unlike the trees. I think the generation has went well with this, better than that of the Bitter Coast, though it will need redoing because I forgot to include vertex shading. Big Grin

I've generated about 1/3 of the AI region so far, the CS has a habit of either crashing, or generating really slowly, even when using the same sized regions for generations as ones before.

Also, I've got a LOD bug. I generated some trees before and generated the LOD for them. After that, I decided to start over (in a seperate esp), with the old gen esp, currently loaded with the new gen esp (the one I'm working with now). I saved the newer version with the old version and its LOD, which I probably shouldn't have done. However, I'm sure it can be fixed.