Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Espionage
03-26-2008, 01:38 PM,

The occasional traitor within a Great House could be entertaining - but more would be unlikely - magic.

If there is a MQ WAR BETWEEN THE HOUSES then saboteurs and 'watchers' counting troop numbers and movements makes sense. but they would have to be situated outside the towns and cities ... Remember the Bosmer spies in the cave near Chaldera in Morrowind?

Spies in the Legion? Wink Those who play Morrowind will note that there were persistant and important rumours, in Ebonheart especially, that the Legions were all being withdrawn from Morrowind to cope with civil unrest in Cyrodiil due to rumours of the Imperial Cousins being doppelgangers ...

So how many Legions were withdrawn then and since then how many have returned to Cyrodiil to fight the invading Daedra? My guess = most.

And therefore how many are actually left in Morrowind??? IF ANY

All diplomatic personnel are relied upon to pass basic information at least about the societies they are posted to - note the Nord and Argonian missions in Ebonheart?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-26-2008, 05:07 PM,

I like the idea of spies in the legions.... although inflitration of the legion would be difficult. Unless the declining numbers of legions in MW, cause the Duke to incorporate Dunmer into the legion more often..... Wink

My main idea for espionage was exactly what you said, 'watching' and saboteurs. Both much easier to implement, and more fun for a combat based character. Hunting down ashlander scouts on Guar would be fun Big Grin Magic could possibly make infiltration that much more difficult.... but not if magic is used by the inflitrator as well. I think Telvanni magic could outsmart Redoran or Nord lol.... although i guess infiltration could take on a more basic form... just look at House Dagoth being everywhere in TES3

But before we do start on specifics, do you think the MQ needs revising/specifying? Right now, the only way you can find out much about it is to trawl through 100 odd threads of ideas and see what was accepted.
Writer, Ideas, Concept
03-26-2008, 06:32 PM,

I think that the MQ is a mass of contradictory statements that have only avoided revising themselves out of existance by an accident of inter-cosmic proportions.

Most of the posts are about: this would be exciting (not really) or so and so could do this (but why?) and someone said (but was this authorotative, or the opinion of a civilian in the street?). And I did this with my char in Morrowind so no one else can do that ... :O

What you have to do is look for consistancy and reasoned thought. That makes it possible to create a story form the elements.

Also you will need to add in characters who are likely to get involved as well as link up locations and Lore in a way that leaves to possible outcomes to be decided by the player.

As I have stated previously the Nerevarine and Vivec have to be possible as being: alive, dead, or undecideable - player's choice.

If there is to be a 'limited' House War the player must have a role that will determine outcomes in some way and yet be believably only a part of a greater story.

The positions of the Houses both open and secret must be carefully reasoned with surprises (a couple of traitors Wink ) and the timing and nature of their actions must be carefully orchestrated and flexible.

You are going to have to deal with that overdone morass of MQ threads - looking through them all and piecing together the jewels while moving the Dross to Quest developement and Archive as appropriate - by deciding what is really MQ (the binding and diversifying of multifarious disparate elements into a number of intellectually satisfying and emotionally fascinating outcomes) and ensuring that they follow the natures of known characters and events in a well balanced touch and with a District of Vvardenfell, Province of Morrowind feel!

Want more? Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman