Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivec and Nerevarine
01-26-2008, 10:20 PM,

But then you'd still need to travel across the western part of the Morrowind mainland to get to the crossing for Vvardenfell, right?
01-26-2008, 10:21 PM,

the quest thing to get the helm was just an examply and for the travel thing, when you do the quest or what ever needed to gain entry, you find your self in a small twon (one you cant exit in to the morrowind main land) get to go to a carrige or stilt strider witch takes you to vvardenfel

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mapca8.png
01-26-2008, 10:52 PM,

Well we haven't actually built anything that takes you to the island anyway, so your idea will be considered. That's not saying we will be going ahead with your idea though, because we have been debating the travel system for a while, and quite a few people are in favor of the boat trip plan.
01-28-2008, 08:04 PM,

01-30-2008, 12:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Well we haven't actually built anything that takes you to the island anyway, so your idea will be considered. That's not saying we will be going ahead with your idea though, because we have been debating the travel system for a while, and quite a few people are in favor of the boat trip plan.

Symbolism. If you have the boat trip, it will be extremely reminiscent of the Nerevarine's arrival in Morrowind. It will effectively create a complete cycle and could lead to potential story fodder later. People may even view you AS the Nerevarine. Who know's. The point is a good story has depth while a great story has symbolism and alliteration. The boat journey would be attributing greatly to the latter two.
:banana: <(It's peanut-butter jelly time!)
01-30-2008, 12:58 AM,

Yeah you're right, that's a good point. :yes:
02-02-2008, 10:36 AM,

another way you could get in would be to stow away on a carrige in the impiral city. when the carrige stops you will have to sneak on to a prison boat which takes you to saydaneen(think thats the right spelling) and you a mistaken for a prisoner that is to be set free so you are taken up to the census office thing where you get a release fee.

it was erly in the morning when i thought of this so if its rubbish then i wont really care.
02-02-2008, 10:10 PM,

Efcaz, the idea of going to morrowind on a prison boat is a great idea. You could replicate the opening of TES3 almost exactly, I imagine players would absolutely love that. Of course once players get their they will need a method of traveling back and forth easily.
02-09-2008, 11:51 AM,

I think that using a prison ship (as opposed to just a ship) would be over-doing the symbolism of your arrival on the island, and would almost certainly result in players thinking that they were, in fact, the Nerevarine, resulting in some cognitive dissonance when they get info that says that they are not (eg they get word that the Nerevarine is somewhere, and they think no I'm not!) .

I like the ship idea. I just don't think you want to overdo it.
02-09-2008, 03:47 PM,
From the outside
I actually like the prison boat idea, even (maybe especially) if they think they're the Nerevarine. Just disabuse the PC thoroughly (and humorously) once he lands at Seyda. A quick thought:

Have the guy the PC meets at the gangplank be the same one as in MW, and add the topic, Am I the Nerevarine?, with the answer:

Don't be silly! I've met the Nerevarine, and you are MOST definitely not the Nerevarine!

Just thoughts from the outside,
Steve