Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivec and Nerevarine
06-24-2008, 01:04 AM,

after that nifty little recap. (Thanks Seni! :goodjob: )

How about this....

Following the Oblivion crisis, Ocato recieves a plea from Vivec to help Morrowind from the Daedra who are still running rampant over there. When you arrive in Vivec, you are brought before Vivec, who tells you that there ARE no more Daedra, House Telvanni took care of them almost as soon as they arrived. However, other troubles are brewing, things that Vivec could not say in a letter. Helseth has slowly chewed away at House Indoril, but now he attempts to destroy House Telvanni. The Telvanni, being the bloodthirsty war-mongerers that they are, are planning to launch an invasion against House Hlaalu. House Hlaalu begins the conflict, when the son of the Archmagister Aryon is assassinated by House Hlaalu. Long before the war began, Vivec kicked all of the Houses out of the city. Now the city has become a stronghold of all those loyal to Vivec (mainly Indoril.)

King Helseth sends a messenger to the Lord Vivec, calling for aid. Vivec refuses, and the messenger proclaims that all who are not for Helseth are against him.

You are sent to meet with the Lord of House Redoran, nearly destroyed by Daedra, and offer them the hand of friendship. The return of Redoran to the great city is announced and they return to their canton.

Next is House Telvanni. Speak to Aryon, who having lost his son is already marshaling his troops to march on Balmora. You convince Aryon that Vivec is his ally, and he agrees to march against the armies of Hlaalu with you. The Army of Faith marches north from Vivec while the army of Telvanni marches east from Sadrith Mora. In an elaborate pincer movement, you wipe Helseth and the powers of Hlaalu from Vvardenfell. Aryon is mortally wounded in battle against Helseth, he is brought before Vivec, who restores him through unknown magicka. For saving his life, Aryon pledges himself to Vivec, who in turn establishes the Council of three. Redoran, Telvanni and Indoril, who sign a treatise to divide the land and respect the borders. After the treatise is signed, you can speak to vivec about what happened during the Dagoth Ur crisis and what happened as a result and then be on your way.

Well, there you are, my rant! Smile

Hope you liked it.
06-24-2008, 02:33 AM,

That's a really interesting idea for a main quest.

I think wiping house Hlaalu off the map completely would be a bit problematic though, both in terms of lore and scale.

Lore-wise, house Hlaalu is the most well-connected to the Imperials. Helseth was never more than an imperial puppet, so they'd most likely offer aid. Plus, Hlaalu has enough money to hire lots of mercenaries, and they'd likely stand a decent chance, considering that Redoran and the Tribunal have been waning, whereas Hlaalu has only been getting stronger.

I think the real problem is that a lot of players would hate to see Hlaalu destroyed. Many of them still consider Balmora to be "home", and it wouldn't be very nice if we just killed everything on them would it?

[just read all 11 pages of the previous main-quest thread]

It looks like most of the plans did in fact revolve around having a great house war, but nobody was actually destroyed from it. Then they can show the rising influence of whichever house won.

Also, the plan was to have the player join either Hlaalu/Imperials, Redoran/Temple, or Telvanni, and whichever house he joined would be the victor. There were also plans for Nords and 6th House, as well as some ideas for Argonian invasions, but that would probably be far too complicated.

Rest assured, your ideas are on the right track, maybe just a bit extreme what with the genocide of the Hlaalu Big Grin

Other really cool ideas included having the Nerevarine only appear in dream-form, similar to the introduction to TES3 with Azura. If you put enough distortion into the voice, it could be any race or gender, and thus not a problem lore-wise. Vivec could similarly give the player instructions through dreams, because lore says he's disappeared, and the player did have the option to kill him in Morrowind and the expansions.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-24-2008, 09:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Vivec could similarly give the player instructions through dreams, because lore says he's disappeared, and the player did have the option to kill him in Morrowind and the expansions.

I think dreams are definitely the way to go. After all, even if he's dead, he will presumably still be able to communicate in some way with the living. Ordinary humans in Tamriel can for certain, so I think it would be even easier for a former living god.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
06-24-2008, 04:36 PM,

Just popping in from Silgrad Big Grin

There has been a lot of debate (11 pages of it :eek: ) on this topic, and it doesn't seem that much consensus was ever reached.

None was ever reached, but I am happy to say it appears that the bunch of ya talking now are on the correct path

The Nerevarine can not be brought back in any physical form without lossing the intergrity of the game

He/She could be brought back in physical form if concealed by some type of magics or clothing which altered or covered the appearance, but only in a brief segement, if the nerevarine was left in game again it would undermine the prowers of our new champion.

I agree the best way is in dream sequence

but my only question which still remains after 2 years of discussion on this subject is WHY?

for what purpose does the Nerevarine need to be in TES4 Morrowind

Thier are a few Ideas floating around on this topic, the Cerro Vampires being one of them.

answer the WHY and the rest will fall into place, if its truly desired to have the Nerevarine in game

Then theirs the other half......Vivec Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-24-2008, 04:48 PM,

The only reason i see that the Nerevarine would be in the game is that Azura is watching over Morrowind, and the Nerevarine is Azura's champion, so it makes sense that he/she would act as Azura's hands and eyes in Vvardenfell.

However, this only really matters if we make Azura directly involved with the player, and especially if a daedric threat features heavily in the main quest (right now it doesn't).

In a Great House War, i see no need for the intervention of Azura, and thus not a whole heck of a lot of reasons why the Nerevarine would be involved.

The only faction which would really even have contact with the Nerevarine would be the ashlander tribes, and they aren't going to be a joinable faction it looks like, so that matters not anyways. You could add a rumor that the Nerevarine has been sending prophesies to the Ashlanders, and even have some quests to figure out what those are, but besides that there's not much use for him/her.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-24-2008, 05:20 PM,

The only reason I see that the Nerevarine would be in the game is that Azura is watching over Morrowind, and the Nerevarine is Azura's champion, so it makes sense that he/she would act as Azura's hands and eyes in Vvardenfell.

However, this only really matters if we make Azura directly involved with the player, and especially if a daedric threat features heavily in the main quest (right now it doesn't).

In a Great House War, I see no need for the intervention of Azura, and thus not a whole heck of a lot of reasons why the Nerevarine would be involved.

The only faction which would really even have contact with the Nerevarine would be the ashlander tribes, and they aren't going to be a joinable faction it looks like, so that matters not anyways. You could add a rumor that the Nerevarine has been sending prophesies to the Ashlanders, and even have some quests to figure out what those are, but besides that there's not much use for him/her.

Again you hit the nail on the head....The Ashlanders !

If their is going to be any intrevention from the Nerevarine it should be through the Ashlander Wise Women..

The thing is, regardless of the happenings in ES4 timeframe, Morrowind (Vvardenfell) has just recently gone through a major overhaul This would have to be delt with

If the Nerevarine Prophecies are followed then for at least a few years following Dagoth Urs defeat and Vivecs disappearance thier would be some major upheaval in the Tribunal Temple and the Great Houses

I would think that the Ashlander Tribes would attempt to rally more support for the Nerevarine and raise up the Nerevarine Cult

[Hypethetically speaking:

The Great Houses would be in shambles and the supporters of the Nerevarine would try to oust or kill the non supporters and the Great Houses, including the Dres and (naturally) what is left of Indoril would eventually re-unite under 1 banner.

thats just my take on it

Enjoy
Bob

06-24-2008, 05:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045

I would think that the Ashlander Tribes would attempt to rally more support for the Nerevarine and raise up the Nerevarine Cult

The Great Houses would be in shambles and the supporters of the Nerevarine would try to oust or kill the non supporters and the Great Houses, including the Dres and (naturally) what is left of Indoril would eventually re-unite under 1 banner.

thats just my take on it

Enjoy
Bob

Are you saying all the great houses unite? Cause i know Dres, and Indoril would ally with the temple, and probably Redoran as well in a somewhat shaky alliance.

But i don't think Hlaalu and Telvanni would be in on it in a million years Confusedhrug:

Anyways, the current ideas for the Great House Wars don't feature the Ashlanders prominently, as each tribe has a slightly different leaning house-wise, it would make it hard to have a united ashlander force.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-25-2008, 04:34 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045

thats just my take on it

Enjoy
Bob

Are you saying all the great houses unite? Cause I know Dres, and Indoril would ally with the temple, and probably Redoran as well in a somewhat shaky alliance.

But I don't think Hlaalu and Telvanni would be in on it in a million years Confusedhrug:

Anyways, the current ideas for the Great House Wars don't feature the Ashlanders prominently, as each tribe has a slightly different leaning house-wise, it would make it hard to have a united ashlander force.

Well technically they are all in it, the Nerevarine united the houses when he/she was named Hortator each house named him/her individually and as a whole to represent them in battle against Dagoth Ur

Each Great house has its own definition of what the Hortator is, and those definitions usually follow what the house practices in its believes

I agree it would be very difficult to get all the houses to come under one banner fully.

However I do believe that the followers of Nerevarine would make an effort to Unite the Houses, some of the high ranking members of the councils allready believe, the Ashlanders believe and the Dissident
Priests

Now considering that according to lore Morrowind is in civil unrest due to Helseths take over (this would make sense regardless of the reasons) either way it would be a perfect opportunity for those Nerevarine followers to make a stand for uniting against the Imperial controlled Helseth

Since the lore minded of Bethesda decided to leave it at that, it gives plenty of opportunity to write in your own story as to what happens next

Enjoy
Bob

06-25-2008, 08:54 AM,

I get what your saying about Balmora. Perhaps Hlaalu is brought before Vivec, and found guilty. The verdict is that the Hlaalu must trade assets with Indoril. (Indoril gets all of Hlaalu's wealth and Hlaalu gets indoril's poverty.) the Hlaalu lose all share of Vvardenfell which is turned over to the Indoril. That way, Hlaalu isnt completely destroyed, but they are taken down a notch or 12. xD