Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Modders Start Here
10-09-2007, 10:47 PM,
New Modders Start Here
Hello (this is Ibsen's Ghost, not Tlo1048),

As the new BM leader, I have taken over this post to make things a little more accessible. If you are new to the BM mod, this is where you can begin. You should know that 'The Sticky Guar' is the place to go for all general queries and discussion and that is the name of the sub-thread in which you are currently reading this post.

The first thing that you should know is that the BM project has changed dramatically since the early years so that many of the posts you will see involve discussions from the previous team. We'd like to keep those threads because many of the ideas were judged to be very useful. However, the current team is recorded here: The Team (Dont Write in Here) .

--------------------
Next, these are the programs that our mod is dependent on (by Koniption):

*OBSE (latest version)

*Shivering Isles

*BetterMusicSystem mod (we're not literally dependent on it, but Xae's music will be in order for players to not have to swap out their folder music with ours, manually. For modding purposes, you do not need to use the BetterMusicSystem mod)

You will definitely need the top two programs, in order to mod for us, and do proper testing.
--------------------

Amongst your first questions is likely to be "what needs to be done?". You can find the answer to that question here: Path To Glory . By all means, prompt for an update about this and I'll try to keep it updated. Please bear in mind that we are happy (and grateful) for anyone's contribution. Although you may not have a skill that is needed greatly at this time, we nonetheless appreciate anyone's involvement...at the very least it is useful feedback. However, if you mean to be a full member, you need to contribute so it may help to read this which is the closest to rules that we have: Pledge of the Lizard King .

When choosing to join, please visit this thread: Naming Codes . You will need to select an editor's ID. Mine is IG, which stands for "Ibsen's Ghost" (I've edited the original post of the old leader 'Tlo1048'). When submitting claims, you will need to use your ID so that everyone knows who has done the work. Perhaps later, you can submit some bio information to this thread: Member bios so that everyone knows who you are and you can eventually be mentioned on our website.

Next, and most importantly, you need to download the esm and the archive in order to take a look at the project and get started on modding. Both of these are updated regularly and you can find the esm here: Latest esm and esp updates . This is also where you need to upload any esp files you've completed for review so that they can be merged into the esm file. Without the objects though, things are going to be looking pretty crap so make sure you download the latest archive update here: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa .

You will notice that the forums are split up into the threads:
  • Literature.
  • Concept Art.
  • Quests.
  • Music & Sound.
  • Models & Textures.
  • Lore.
  • Claims.

Some of these include sub-threads where the 'folder' icon is darkened. For areas such as 'Quests' and 'Claims' this is essential in order to get to grips with the more important updates.

If you're not sure where anything goes, please either PM me or another member of the core so that we can advise you or alternatively, go ahead and submit your post because I will probably move any wrongly-placed items when I see them anyway Smile.

As a matter of courtesy, please use this thread: Post here when you go away if you plan to be away for any length of time and, most importantly, if you start something and find you cannot finish, please DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES just disappear as it can severely damage any planning especially if you fail to submit semi-completed work. Most esps are useful, even when not complete! This is a bugbear of mine and something that really irritates me X(.

Finally, allow me to say that, as a member of the 'Beyond Cyrodiil' team whose main forums belong to the HUGE project 'Silgrad Tower', you are well-placed to get excellent advice from some very, very highly experienced modders. In my experience, it's the best place to get started modding and a damn fine place to continue as well.

Secondly, you are most definitely very welcome and I hope that you enjoy being a part of the team here. Beware, modding is addictive (but very rewarding).

- Ibsen's Ghost

[/HR]

Hello, my name is Tlo1048, the current leader of Black Marsh.

This thread is for any newcomer to sign on to BM as a member.
Please leave any information about your speciality if any, and I'll review your applications.
Thank you! :goodjob:

Core-
Leader - Tlo1048
Co-leader - TheGreyWizard
Co-leader - ?
Back-up-Co-Leader - Brian S

Modelling-
Chief modeller-Llamaranger
Modeller-Alasdair
Modeller-Ian Black
Modeller-?

Textures-
Chief Texturer-?
Texturer-DarkAsmodeus
Texturer-?
Texturer-?

Architecture-
Chief Architect-TheGreyWizard
Architect-Kingevil
Architect-?
Architect-?

Quests-
Chief Quest-?
Quest-drmccoy
Quest-?
Quest-?

Lore-
Chief Lore master-Brian S
Lore Master-?
Lore Master-?
Lore Master-?

Literature-
Chief Writer-Cruxvader
Writer-?
Writer-?
Writer-?

General help-
Siegfried
Dave_91
Kodama
Mormacil
Back2Murder
Senten
Reaper
Grey_Magik
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
10-10-2007, 12:36 AM,

What exactly are you looking for?
Praise be Hermaeus, he who holds the candle to the light.

Head of Lit and Lore for Thras.
Head of Lore for Black Marsh.
10-10-2007, 12:42 AM,

Anyone right now.
I am setting up different teams.
Modelling.
Texturing.
Architecture.
Literature.
Quests.
Lore.

Plus the Core, of which I am the head, who help out wherever they can.

EDIT: Plus General Help.
10-10-2007, 12:44 AM,

I got dibs on teh lorez. and maybe lit, if I don't get too boggled down with all the Apocrypha texts.

10-10-2007, 12:50 AM,

Alright, Lore it is! :check:
10-10-2007, 01:08 AM,

Mwahaha, one more step in controlling all the lore of BC...

you heard nothing...

10-10-2007, 01:11 AM,

Except I'm Akavir's Lore master...mwuhahaahahahha!!!!!
10-10-2007, 01:12 AM,

scribbles Tlo on the "to kill list"

Big Grin

10-10-2007, 01:13 AM,

:lmao:
10-10-2007, 03:43 PM,

I'll help where and when I can. I can model and texture (not brilliantly though) and I can do some stuff in the CS as well. I also make heightmaps, If you really need one. though I'm not amazing at that either.