Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Guardian armor discussion
11-05-2007, 10:54 PM,
Silgrad Guardian armor discussion
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Visual Development, but since the topic is closely tied to the city and the board sparsely posted to I figured this would be the better place of the two.

So the topic of discussion is the armor donned by the Silgrad Guardians. They have a rather complex backstory you can read more about in this article, but if you don't feel like doing that then a simple explanation is that they're the guardforce in the city and wear special armor.

In our old mod their armor was a retexture of the Royal Guard armor from Tribunal. It looked pretty cool, but since we don't have or need a Royal Guard armor to retexture we need a new one modelled. (Besides, making a new armor for them look like the Royal Guard armor would be illogical.)

Their armor, called Blackbone, is a a blend of bonemold and adamantium and has a menacing look to it. Donny made this conept art of it a couple years ago:

Personally I always liked Donny's concept art. The only thing I wasn't so sure about was the ponytail on the helmet, but apart from that I think it conveys the blend of bonemold and adamantium well and also captures that menacing look. That's not to say I think it has to look exactly like that, there's plenty of room for a modeller to make his own interpretation of the armor concept, but if that's not an option then I think we wouldn't go wrong of the real armor looked like Donny's concept.

So, that's a bit of history and opinions from me. What do you guys think?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-06-2007, 01:03 AM,

Howdy

I think it looks great and I'm not opposed to it at all, I do prefer the tradional full bonemold but the use of the adamantium cuirass givesit an extra flair, I also feel the same as RW about the ponytail helmet

btw- more intersting facts: Adamantium was first used in Marvel Comics in the 1960's as the shell of the Villian Ultron, its also the metal that makes up Captain America's Shield, and of course Wolverines entire skeleton is made from it Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-06-2007, 02:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
btw- more intersting facts: Adamantium was first used in Marvel Comics in the 1960's as the shell of the Villian Ultron, its also the metal that makes up Captain America's Shield, and of course Wolverines entire skeleton is made from it Smile

It's not quite as good as Unobtanium though Wink
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-06-2007, 02:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045

It's not quite as good as Unobtanium though Wink

Good one RW

Unobtanium of course this is much better since it changes properties depending on its use

Smile
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories