Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morrowind3E433: a french project
12-13-2007, 10:42 AM,
Morrowind3E433: a french project
Hello,

I'm Guidrion, one of the leader of the french project: Morrowind 3E433(the forum will soon have an english section). The mod will be based on Galladrielle's program, Morroblivion, and will update it to make Vvardenfell looking like it should be during Oblivion. We're already collaborating with Galladrielle for our mod.

Because Morroblivion isn't finished yet, we are working on ideas and scenarii(mean quests, factions and secondary quests).

I think it would be a shame to see two mods following the same idea.
I would then like to know if you would agree with a collaboration between our both teams or even a fusion of our projects.

If you have any questions about our projects, just ask. I'll answer the better I can.
ambassador of Morrowind 3E433
12-13-2007, 11:08 AM,

I don't know all the details, but it's likely Galadrielle's software is illegal, atleast if you use it in the way you are suggesting you will. This is because Morroblivion uses the original Morrowind meshes and uses them in Oblivion, that's forbidden by the Bethesda Soft. developers.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
12-13-2007, 11:35 AM,

Sorry my friend but we work as one team here, we have had offers before to work alongside other teams but we have decided against it. As far as the converter goes, it is illegal to distribute your mod with the files converted using the tool.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-13-2007, 12:03 PM,

We aren't going to distribute any Morrowind's files.
The use of the futur mod will be as follow:
- download of Morroblivion program
- Convertion of the user's Morrowind to Oblivion
- Installation of our mod
- Play

Without your own version of Morrowind, you cannot use Morroblivion and, ipso facto, Morrowind3E433

We, the members of French modder community(Wiwiland), are very concerned by the legality of the mods, I can assure you.
ambassador of Morrowind 3E433
12-15-2007, 01:34 AM,

The mod is definitely not illegal however i'm fairly sure that the team does not want players to have to own Morrowind to play this mod. Which means recreating everything is the only way. Plus the old TES3 meshes are dated to an extent and aren't quite up to oblivions standards. What you guys are doing though will be a great mod to hold many over until TES4:Vv gets released Smile
12-30-2007, 09:48 PM,

I'm interested in helping Guidrion. The tes3 meshes are MUCH better looking than silgrad's public meshes, much easier to work with. It's a legal method and twice as effective than building claims from scratch.
Its too bad no one else on the team wants to join together, but it isn't my call. It's just a shame to see how quickly some of us are willing to burn bridges just because another group is doing something a little different.

Count me in, Guidrion. Oh, by the way, I do speak broken french... But eh, I'm all for that english forum whenever it opens.
01-29-2008, 09:35 AM,

I'm not speaking for the team but the only reason I/we won't be working along side the team is beacuse you cannot legally pass the meshes and textures from TES 3 onto other people and asking a mod user to create the assets using an unknown tool sounds really pretty stupid.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
01-29-2008, 11:18 AM,

But think of it this way, Morroblivion can port the landmass, including interiors, with 100% accuracy. You can't distribute the meshes, textures and sounds, but the plug-in file can be distributed, just like TESPort's plug-in. Morroblivion ports the land textures better too.

Asking other users to port those assets with a tool isn't stupid, the problem is it has to be user-friendly, as in the user just clicks a button, and converter does the rest, including finding Morrowind's and Oblivion's installation paths on its own. Right now the converter is as user-unfriendly as can be. In fact, you could have just one installation program for the entire Vvardenfell mod.

Even if you wish to recreate every single model from scratch for higher quality, Morroblivion has all the rock, plant, city and tree coordinates on the landmass.

The true disadvantages, or should I say major turn-offs, of Morroblivion are that it's really bugged (Construction Set shows countless warnings, crashes in some points, doesn't correctly port all models), it's good if you want an accurate Vvardenfell copy, but not if you want a more detailed version of Vvardenfell, it ports a lot of creatures and NPCs that I think would be better to just recreate from scratch (well, you could just delete them in 5 minutes by removing all NPC, creature entries along with their references) and it's French. Who knows how many compatibility issues there are with non-French versions. I could be wrong, but it always crashes for me when I'm in Balmora despite having a clean copy.

Frankly, I think you missed the point about working along side with another team. It doesn't mean you have to merge or do the mod like they do it, just share assets and help one another when you can. Morroblivion shows some promise, it just needs more work.
Co-leader of Project Solstheim-Vvardenfell-Mournhold
Experienced Modders Welcomed to Join
sovvmteam@yahoo.com
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM,

^ Couldn't have said it better myself, Hidden. We're all trying to recreate Morrowind here, we should be helping each other out. How's SoVvM doing, by the way?

All I can say at this point is that despite what InsanitySorrow said, the converter IS legal, and we likely WILL use it. I've found a few bugs so far, but none were a complete hindrance to the game. Need to try some more stuff, I suppose.

So Insanity, please stop making decisions like this without consulting your team. Especially bad decisions. Thanks, and I don't mean to be harsh... just want to express my frustration.
01-30-2008, 09:18 AM,

Its not a bad decission in my book, I really want to play it safe and find the best way of working. Its hard enough for me and Dave_91 to manage a team and keep the mod together as other leaders have found, but then trying to manage a relationship with another team ontop is just madness. Anyway you can express you opinions, no harm done.

Ok so the way I put it was problably not the right way, I said no to passing the assets around but using morrooblivion is not a bad idea, The topic has been raised quite a bit and just like TESport it is exceptable to use it but you can only freely distribute the esp generated, so it then makes it harder to pass on any assets to other people, well legally anyway.