Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about TES4:V
01-03-2008, 04:47 AM,
Question about TES4:V
Hey all. Stumbled upon this mod through a random google search. I was reading up about it and the lore behind it. I am pretty impressed but a little confused.

I noticed that you guys were modeling vivec and other important cities from TES3, but where are the other cities like Ebonhart, Ald'ruhn, and Sadrith Mora?

Sorry if this has been addressed before I just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything.
:banana: <(It's peanut-butter jelly time!)
01-03-2008, 06:33 AM,

Welcome Cole! Glad that got straightened out. My advice would be to skim over the VV forum to get a feel where things stand. That's probably what they will tell you here too. Smile In particular, there has been mucho discussion about the Redoran capital of VV 'cause it was the only VV city I believe mentioned in OB. And not in a good way. Big Grin
01-03-2008, 07:57 AM,

Kk it looks like I have some homework to do. Couple other questions that I can't find answer for: Why is Glass and Ebony armor excluded from the armor list?

Also, I think we needa do something with Jiub (the first character, dark elf, that you encounter in TES3:M). Maybe he has done something, maybe he was killed or whatnot, I am not sure. I searched for anything regarding him but I didn't find a thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, on a ESwiki I read up about Jiub. Apparently he becomes a saint for driving cliff racers off of Vvardenfell (thank god cause I hated those damned buzzards) but was killed by the Daedric hordes. Perhaps a quest regarding him could be integrated. Also, that would mean that there are no more cliff racers in vvardenfell Big Grin yay, less work to do and less things to annoy the PC.
01-03-2008, 12:13 PM,

There will still be some Cliffracers, he didn't kill all of them and why does everybody hate them ?(

Ald'Ruhn is largely destroyed by the Daedra, the other cities aren't mentioned. But VV isn't strong now all the 3 mangods are gone. Almalexia is killed by the Nerevar after she killed Soltha Sil. Vivec has gone missing.

Ebonheart has a development thread. ANd I have no idea of Sadrith Mora Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
01-03-2008, 03:30 PM,

Well they're all going to be there, I believe. We just haven't started making them yet.

Wasn't Jiub supposed to be dead? I'm certain I read that somewhere.
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM,

Yeah, that's already posted Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
01-03-2008, 07:04 PM,

We'll give ole' st. Jiub a shrine somewhere or something... :bananarock:

I've stalled my work on Ebonheart for the moment because Tobi the Dane is making a new and improved Imperial Fort tileset for the mod. You can see that thread here.
Or you can see my first two versions of Ebonheart with the old tileset, here.

You also mentioned Sadrith Mora. Last I checked, JonSatriani was making substantial headway modeling our Telvanni tileset. He's pretty tied up right now, but his thread on Tel Uvirith is here in the claims forum.

As far as armor goes, we just use what the modelers create for us. We have a lot of MW style armor that's been made so far (my favorite is MW legion armor), but no one has tackled MW ebony yet. However, there was a thread about some glass armor here.

Colest, if you're interested in helping out with the mod I also have tons of interior claims open in the claims board. Claims are open in Balmora, Dagon Fel, Khuul, Ald Velothi, Hla Oad, Suran, Vos, Gnisis and Gnaar Mok.
The claims board is also filled with discussion threads about specific places, so check it out if you have any comments, questions, suggestions or insults to make about a town or place in Vvardenfell.
01-04-2008, 12:24 AM,

Oh man, I would almost be afraid to help. I've looked at some of the work you guys have done and I am a bit intimidated. Once I get oblivion back from my friend and maybe after a few really small and easy tasks I'd love to help. I haven't done work for mods on this scale and if I messed up, it would affect a lot of people but I'd be the one most mad at myself Rolleyes

As far as Jiub being dead, I heard for myself the NPCs in oblivion talking about St. Jiub ridding Vvardenfell of ALL the cliffracers. As far as the claim I read of Jiub's body being on some random shipwreck, I looked high and low and I even found the ship they were talking about. I did not find Jiub's body. I found a Dunmer's body, but he was paler than Jiub, had a different hairstyle and didn't have the signature scar.

And the reason why I hate cliffracers is because every time I ran to my manor outside of balmorra, sure enough "CAWWWW" and I'm disease stricken along with being swarmed by 6 cliffracers all my level. It was irritating as hell. So I am all for supporting them not being in VV due to St. Jiub, but rumors are rumors due to their insubstantal proof Wink

BTW, Jiub didn't kill them all. He drove them off the isle. If we are having the entire morrowind province then they would still be on the mainland but the claim is he drove them ALL off of the island.
01-04-2008, 05:13 AM,

Wait, so you found a dead dark elf on a shipwreck that absolutely, positively 100% wasn't jiub? Hmm, I might look into this, hehe.

As for modding, the whole system of claims is built so that you never have to feel overburdened. Even so, I review all of the claims before I send them in for merging, so you can't really mess up. Basically you get your modder's id (mine is c9, for example), grab the latest Vvardenfel esm and all the assets, and then you can take a claim. All the current claims are pretty easy interiors. The easiest claims are probably going to be the Vos farmhouses, I was able to grind one out in about an hour before. When you want to take a claim, just post in that town's claim thread which interior you want, then go for it!
If you need help, just post in that thread, or check out the tutorials board.

We're going to be getting some tough claims pretty soon. Once I work out what we're going to about exterior claims and convince Dave and IS to give me an exterior claims board, we'll start making some serious headway.
01-05-2008, 01:10 AM,

Once I get my copy of Oblivion back, I'd be honored to claim Balmorra. It was favorite town from Morrowind. I'll take a look at those tutorials later this weekend when I get some free time. If I haven't already, I apologize for asking questions that have been answered or explained in another thread. I'll be sure to thoroughly search next time.