Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Forest [Claimed]
03-20-2008, 10:05 PM,

http://hosted.filefront.com/greyturtle/
03-22-2008, 04:23 PM,

I would remove the FXMistGroundEffect01, maybe the steward could place them by hand. Perhaps there's room in the preset for ShrubDeadBush instead? I think it should look pretty good if it were scaled up.

It might be a good idea to cluster two or three large rocks togther then surround them with smaller rocks and dead bushes. Fewer rocks on their own too.

If you want you can also decrease the scale of the trees a little bit.

Dead tree roots sticking out of the ground in some places might give the region a bit more flavour. I don't think we have any, but that's another idea. What might also be cool is if more plants had thorns and spikes on them (a new bush perhaps?). Thinking back to a number of video games I've played, and some movies, those usually gave a nice effect to creepy places. Small things like that might make a huge difference in how nice this looks. I can request those.
03-24-2008, 09:20 PM,

Perhpas we should take a look at the morrowind version of Forgotten forest and it's bushes and trees.
03-24-2008, 10:25 PM,

I actually took some screenshots a while back. They're pretty dark, but then again so was the forest.

There weren't a lot of rocks or bushes, which I *personally* think would have added quite a bit to the region. (edit: but also a lot of lag so I can't blame the original modders)

[Image: th_ForgottenForest01.jpg] [Image: th_ForgottenForest02.jpg]

[Image: th_ForgottenForest03.jpg] [Image: th_ForgottenForest04.jpg]

[Image: th_ForgottenForest05.jpg] [Image: th_ForgottenForest06.jpg]

*Fixed thumbnail links*
03-24-2008, 10:28 PM,

Would any of TMJ's BC trees work here as a leafless static?

Just wondering,
Steve
03-24-2008, 10:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Would any of TMJ's BC trees work here as a leafless static?

Just wondering,
Steve

They might. :yes: I can imagine them looking spooky...
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM,

ST Tes 3 has such trees which look like the trees made by tmj.
Most of the models for the forgotten forest in TES4 are also small and have a few leafless branches
03-24-2008, 10:55 PM,

We'll try it with The Modax Jago's trees then.
03-24-2008, 11:38 PM,

My modelling set-up is all blown to blazes still, but I'll try to get Max9 up and see if I can map and export some models to test with.

Steve
03-24-2008, 11:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
My modelling set-up is all blown to blazes still, but I'll try to get Max9 up and see if I can map and export some models to test with.

Steve

That would be greater than great! =) Thanks!