Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Forest [Claimed]
05-01-2008, 12:13 PM,

All that black area for some good atmospheric, dark, hauntingly wonderful creations!

Yep, please put me down for this if its ok by you! Smile

I will do my best to scare the shite out of people! Just give me some idea of limitations on amount of caves, tombs, buildings etc. And also what lore do we have on this area and is this a remake of TES3 Forgotten Forest or would I have full artistic licence over it?
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM,

Just a pointer: I posted the first cut of TMJ's Bitter Coast trees here. With a gloomier retex, I think some of them would be cool in the FF.

For your consideration,
Steve
05-02-2008, 09:52 AM,

SACarrow, i agree. this is a dead forest to my understanding so very appropriate. I can model not too so if I am officially given this claim i will start modelling some bits and pieces for it which would go with these nicely! Smile

Thanks!
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
05-03-2008, 11:32 PM,

I'd be really glad to see the trees that were originally planned for the Forgotten Forest go away. I was barking up the wrong alley when I generated them and in hindsight I dislike the way they look. I hope the other options pan out, but if they don't I can give it another try. Modax's trees do look promising though :goodjob:

One thing I'm curious about is the darkness of the forest. Would it be possible to make it eternal night without having to make it a separate worldspace (which would seem complicated)?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-04-2008, 12:52 AM,

Maybe perpetually foggy weather? I have no experience with custom weather, so that may not be possible.

Steve
05-04-2008, 01:08 AM,

I sent Rickious a PM. Smile

There's a mod called "Natural Weather" that adds a number of new weather types to the game. There's another version of the same mod that does the same thing and makes the nights darker. I don't have much experience with custom weather either, but looking at the weather window, there would seem to be settings for each of the different times of the day.
05-05-2008, 10:22 PM,

Imperial, thanks! =)

What makes the sky red when you approach an oblivion gate? surely thats the script but different final effect?

Is there any way of literally blanketing the entire area with some kind of texture to filter out the light? If this included a creepy alpha channel canopy in the process it would help? would have to be done right but without teleport theres allsorts of options like this.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
06-20-2008, 10:06 PM,

Is rickious coming back or does he live somewhere in the jungle?
06-22-2008, 02:16 PM,

I don't know where Rickious has gone. It's a shame because he was nice to have around. Sad
06-22-2008, 03:15 PM,

The jungle? Bloody hell! I've not seen those FF shots that TID posted up before, btw. They look amazing!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]