Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kragenmoor Expansion
01-31-2008, 05:43 AM,
Kragenmoor Expansion
Howdy

As we close in on completing the Velothi Mountains section, I want to take a look at how we did it and apply some of this to the next phase, which is Kragenmoor

Kragenmoor will be a much larger undertaking, the city alone is almost 100 interiors

Thier are 40+ cave systems, 5 Daedric Ruins and 3 Dwemer Ruins

The Old Palace, The Temple of Nerevar and the WarHammer Arena will be some of the major builds within the city

Theirs also Shadowgate Imperial Fort

I expect 400 npc's for this size of landmass

The other cities include Bodrum and some un-named start up villages

needless to say, it will be much more work than this VM portion

I do not expect we will have many bugs with the Velothi Mountains as we have not gone overboard or elaborate in any of the schemes or quest ideas, but I'm sure their will be something

The purpose of this is simple. I enjoyed the way we handled the VM espansion, but I always look for better ways to group modding, I am asking for suggestions on how to approach this

I do Know:

We need people

I expect that with the release of the VM Mod, we will gain some help and that would be a priority for sure if we hope to get the next portion completed within the remainder of my lifespan

We need to keep the master under the control of one person as we did with VM

One thing I do think we need to change is the handleing of the NPC's and pathgrids. I think that would be best done in the claiming of an interior. I chose the method we currently use, only to learn about NPC dialogues and AI, I am finding out that this isn't as easily done as expected, of course their is more difficulty when starting with a mod that was previously begun rather than new.

Thats all I got for now, I look forward to hearing other suggestions

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories