Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is The Cerro Clan? We Need Your Ideas!
03-14-2008, 11:10 PM,

I think it's safe to say development of Cerro under Auraya's governance has ceased. The board had been silent for five weeks until raggidman posted that confused rant in the other thread, and Auraya himself hasn't been online for three weeks. In one way I think it's a pity development ceased but at the same time I think it can be a good opportunity to structure the design concept so it closely follows what was created/decided in our Morrowind mod.

I think we should start by determining the location(s) first because in my opinion they're the base for everything else. You mentioned those near the end of your post, Bob;
- The University of Silgrad
- The Catacombs
- The living areas

Are these three locations connected architecturally? I.e. will the catacombs you mentioned be situated below the University of Silgrad, and will the living areas be situated below the catacombs?

The University of Silgrad seems like a straightforward enough concept in that it's a building in Silgrad Tower (the city) and uses Hlaalu architecture, so my humble suggestion - if no-one minds - is that you digest all the information you have about the U in the Morrowind mod and send it as an article to sandor, whom can then post a claim for the location with your information included in the claims description. If the university was modded in the Morrowind then floorplans in jpg format would be great to have in my opinion, as well as information about which exterior structure was used so that it can be reassembled with Oom's tileset.

I did create a few new pieces that tie in with Barabus' crypt set but they were for TheImperialDragon's quest and don't have a wider use beyond the quest. At the same time Barabus tileset was very flexible from the get-go and can handle most kinds of interior layouts.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-15-2008, 01:23 AM,

I wasn't going to say anything but I had a feeling this post of yours would come soon enough

Sad as it is, you are correct it does give us opportunity to plan it out completely

to answer your questions

The University of Silgrad is within the city, at last discussion it was still going to be built , Hlaalu Architecture is correct, somewhere I even posted a screenshot of the layout, I'll find it. The university on the very western portion of the city near the river just south of the road leading to the keep

The catacombs would be under that university as well as the living areas (the cerro base) I had planned on using the barabus tileset mixed with some free hand placed velothi structures, I do not know
if you saw any of the St. Delyn Mod I did for MW but I had hand
placed many bricks to make a individual crypts, like what you would
find in the old christian/latin style crypts

The living area would be lavishly decored velothi architecture, with subterrainian channels similar to the temple gardens of old mournhold

anyway

I will find the layout of the building and what interiors are needed

If this is indeed a project we want to persue, then the brainstorming should begin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-21-2008, 02:17 PM,

Yes - Sad Post But Ill Let You Edit It =)

I am back and sorry that i havent been online. Ive had some extremly busy weeks. Which i will not go into detail of. But. Alas, i am back and the cerro development can continue.

As for the vampire story, you can see its link in my signature and i have finished the basics of it. Hopefully you have the time to read it =) and correct my errors =)
03-21-2008, 05:43 PM,

Welcome back

I'll read it asap

Enjoy
Diet Bob

03-21-2008, 06:12 PM,

Thanks =) And I Hope Youll Be Able To Help On The Mod =)
03-23-2008, 02:00 AM,

Have a look at this, if you think it needs editing please make your notes in red and return it to me

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob

03-24-2008, 02:04 PM,

Thanks, Just Read It. This Will Help Become A Good Backline To The General Story.

Few Discrepencies...

Quote:Kogo Tel

Kogo Tel > As In A Telvanni (sp) Settlement?
Shouldnt This Be A Redoran Settlement?

Quote:Arranch

He Has Magical Arts, Alchemy.
Is Redoran Meant To Be Purely Warrior?
Or Just Redoran And Any Types Of Art? (Melle, Magic, Marksman)

Will Arranch Be Leader Of The Council Of Elders?

Thanks If You Can Help Me On This, Auraya
03-24-2008, 02:34 PM,

Kogo Tel is where Silgrad Tower gets its name from
Tel of course is Tower, I'm not sure where Kogo comes from, here is our lore on Silgrad

Silgrad Tower: The Battle for Silgrad Tower

Consider they were not Redoran at that time they were all Chimer

Toward the end of the Cerro Story we see the village becoming populated consider at this time they were still Chimer, the fact that it turns out these tribes eventually would adopt House Redoran as their Clan is just fate (or pre-destination)

Arranche is the last remaining of the original Cerro so yes he would be in charge of the clan, their is no council

Yes Reoran are warriors, but like I indicated tehy were not Redoran at this time they were all Chimer

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob

03-25-2008, 03:46 AM,

That's a very interesting story. My one question then, is who in here are the Cerro? Did Arranche found the Cerro? And if so, who are they made of?

What ever happened to the vampires he swore revenge on? That could perhaps become a potential quest-line.

I'm just a bit confused as to where this story fits into the general timeline and background of clan Cerro
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-25-2008, 04:33 AM,

Ah so you want the next chapter then

I'll put it together

The Vampires Arranche swore revenge against are the very Cyrodiilic Vampires which attacked his clan members

It is allready part of the quest, however in Morrowind Time the revenge has allready taken place, in oblivion time is where we find the Nerevarine in Akavir, our reason for him to be their is finding the other ingrediants needed for a real vampirism cure.

In ES 3 we will have left our Cerro indept into a search for the necessary items to cure vampirism

We HAD intended that the Oblivion Character would receive word via meesenger that he had a package in Steadhelm marked "Urgent" with the intials NI on it "Nerevar Indoril" of course, the package will be from Akavir, it will contain the additional ingrediants for the cure (Our Oblivion Character at this point has not met the Cerro, he may have met them as NPC's but is not aware theyt are Cerro until he gets this package and the instructions within will be from the Nerevarine

The Nerevarine will tell the player that he has been on a quest for the Cerro and the package contains vital information and items they need and he is to meet with Arranche to continue this quest, he will then explain that he was called by Azura in a dream to persue a different goal and that the Player was the one Azura had called out in his dream to help the Cerro in the Nerevarines place

Whew !! hope that explains that

Anyway so thats were we begin the Oblivion portion of this quest

zThe player then makes contact with the Cerro clan members and through a series of small quests is accepted as a trustworthy associate

the misc quests can be of any sort and can involve battles against rival vampire clan members

once the Cerro have accepted the player he will then be introduced to Arranche, Arranche will allready have the items which the player dilievered to the Cerro contact ( a middle ranked member)( maybe someone in the fighters guild) it really doesn't matter

Anyways the purpose is to find a cure

so we need quests to get us their the only thing I would like to have happen is

#1 a meeting with Molag Bal for information and a meeting with and eventual Battle with Vaernima in Quagmire which will require a small portion of this realm to be made for the battle

It is not intended that she be defeated as we know this won't happen especially in her own realm, the purpose is to have her surrender the last item needed for the cure (what that is ??? anyones choice) ( but make it something good) we should also have the Player get something nice for a reward

Once this battle is over and the player has everything he returns to Arranche and the cure is made after several days

Part of the story which is missing is the battle between the player and Golar who has been in this tomb for a long time

the player must go to this tomb and get some blood from Golar, but Golar is way beyond mad and they fight until Golar is done

in the end, Arranche drinks the cure and in a few days he dies of old age

SO thats what was planned

However things are different now so its up to you all to decide where to go from where we left off in ES3, now keep in mind we have NOT incorportated any of this into ES3 yet SO if you want to do the entire quest its fine by me, If I ever get around to doing it I can do it entirely for ES3 that way no one misses out

I do have much much more on this subject

Theirs another book about a priest and his girlfriend tis very good I think and its part of the irsts 2 or 3 quests

Smile

ENjoy
Diet Bob