Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telvanni wizard towers
02-08-2008, 10:41 PM,
Telvanni wizard towers
if the levitation spell is gone then how can you get up the wizard towers in the telvanni places unless some make a new levitation spell? this has bothered me for a while.

(plus i want to make my main characters boots the Efcaz Boots of Flying as seen on my profile picture)
02-18-2008, 12:34 AM,

I believe Insanity Sorrow has recreated a bunch of spells that were taken out including levitate.
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM,

All hail Insanity Sorrow :worship:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-20-2008, 09:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Moryal
I believe Insanity Sorrow has recreated a bunch of spells that were taken out including levitate.

Yes, this is true, but I have not seen any of these spells, I'm sure their around here "somewhere" if not their planty of other resourses where it can be gotten

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-20-2008, 12:12 PM,

When the question was raised in JonSatriani's telvanni tower mod, I suggested to him to simply place little, unobtrusive crystals top and bottom of the shafts. They could be called "Levitation Crystal" or something; but technically, as far as the CS goes, they'd be simply doors to teleport you to the bottom or the top.

Yeah, there were not there in Morrowind. But something like this is needed in Oblivion. Not just because levitation is no longer there (it's possible to cheat by doing levitation scripts) but also because NPCs wander a bit around, and they wouldn't think of casting the spell (which may not be scripted to work for NPCs too anyway) to go up or down the shaft.

And it's easy to rationalize in the game world, too: servants (and slaves) may need to go attend to chores at various places, and they may not know the levitation spell themselves. These crystals would levitate them up and down when they use it, and could also be enchanted (read: scripted) to only work in certain circumstances, such as when one is allowed to use it.
03-20-2008, 04:32 PM,

We could do both, levitation for nostalgic TES3 players, and crystals to allow NPCs to use all floors Big Grin
Writer, Ideas, Concept
03-31-2008, 08:39 AM,

I like the idea of the crystals within the towers, but we also need to remember some of these towers had several levels, these crystals would also need scripting to ask the player were they wanted to get off at

you can plainly see how this would be more cumbersome than anticipated, also it makes for un-realsitic play, its like having an elevator

for striaght up, no level shots.... sure it works great and would definitly be worth using

but for many leveled towers, not realistic

and

does not resolve the outside levitation and or flying around

Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-31-2008, 11:58 AM,

Good point.... My idea though was for these 'crystals' to be little more than the portals in the Arcane University, but with a different mesh and texture, thus making it easier for NPCs to be moving from floor to floor.

Has anyone here actually found any levitation spell that works?
Writer, Ideas, Concept
03-31-2008, 01:00 PM,

I haven't tried Insanity's mod, but the idea of teleportation crystals would work nicely, I think.
03-31-2008, 01:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I like the idea of the crystals within the towers, but we also need to remember some of these towers had several levels, these crystals would also need scripting to ask the player were they wanted to get off at

you can plainly see how this would be more cumbersome than anticipated, also it makes for un-realsitic play, its like having an elevator

for striaght up, no level shots.... sure it works great and would definitly be worth using

why not have two crystals on each floor above the ground floor (and below the top floor) a red one (for example) that takes you up a floor and blue that sends you down?

and at the top and bottom there could be a second crystal that takes you from the bottom straight to the top and vice versa?

might be a bit cumbersome but it would save on scripting.

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.