Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telvanni wizard towers
04-01-2008, 08:19 PM,

that was fine in morrowind when NPCs did very little moving round in telvanni towers, but now it would be odd to have a load of NPCs who just stand around because they cant be told to use the levitate spell.

Im gonna go back to the crystal idea, cause i think its the most feasible that has come up (for both player and NPC). But to stream-line somewhat, maybe just a crystal to the top and then crystals down from there, but the crystals require a "key".

The key could be tower specific, and could only be obtained through thievery. Then you could still put in the levitate spell for the player to fly around, so the player still needs levitate (or good sneak skill Tongue) but it solves the NPC problem?

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM,

Just make it so the crystals (actually doors) can only be used by NPCs. That would be a happy medium.
04-01-2008, 09:38 PM,

It's easily done by script. Something like this (pseudocode, not real code):

Begin OnActivate Player
message "What a pretty crystal."
End

There you go. If it's activated by an NPC, since it's an OnActivate Player block, the script isn't run and the door works correctly.

But I prefer the idea of letting the player use it, unless you have a levitation spell in the mod too.
04-02-2008, 12:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
that was fine in Morrowind when NPCs did very little moving round in telvanni towers, but now it would be odd to have a load of NPCs who just stand around because they cant be told to use the levitate spell.

I'm gonna go back to the crystal idea, cause I think its the most feasible that has come up (for both player and NPC). But to stream-line somewhat, maybe just a crystal to the top and then crystals down from there, but the crystals require a "key".

The key could be tower specific, and could only be obtained through thievery. Then you could still put in the levitate spell for the player to fly around, so the player still needs levitate (or good sneak skill Tongue) but it solves the NPC problem?

Edd

Good choice

I have to adit I didn't consider those NPC's (as I was told) thats what happens when you get so used to morrowind

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories