Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Promotion and feasability check
02-21-2008, 07:40 PM,

^ Yeah, that's why I said the mod is dead. See what I mean, now?
02-22-2008, 01:04 AM,

Anyway I don't know what the rest of you guys are doing, but here are links to the 1x and 2x Vvardenfell world archives:

1. Vvardenfellx1 (40Mb): This contains 3 ESPs: The landscape (including Firemoth and Solstheim), NPCs and PlacedContent. There are batch files to generate the DistantLand, to generate and rename the NIFs (using Galadrielle's NIF converter). There's also a placeholder world map taken from the VCLR image.

You need a copy of Morrowind.bsa for the placed content obviously (and may have to adjust the location of your Morrowind installation in nif_conv.ini if you're not using the standard location - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind). There's also a batch file to generate VWD objects if you want it, but the framerate will be diabolical because all objects will be visible from a distance and the meshes are full detail - there's no optimization, but you can get some cool screenshots. Btw, ignore any CS warnings about some REFR objects (about 60) being in different cells to where they're expected - this is a minor quirk easily fixed manually later, but doesn't affect the mod files in any negative way.

There's also a folder in the above archive containing some screenshots of the 1x and 2x landscapes I took last September, most with LOD objects.

2. Vvardenfellx2: This folder contains all the ESPs, similar to the above, but on the 2x landscape we were originally (and possibly still are?) working with.

For the reasons mentioned before, we cannot use interior data since we can't proceed to use the TES3 meshes in the long-term, so this world is entirely external only, but is otherwise externally fully explorable, though the stilt riders are missing.

Dave_91 was talking of swapping the rock meshes with replacements. One of our immediate goals will be to start swapping these wilderness meshes with other alternatives, preferably ones closer in size and shape to the originals; this way we just change the Static or Activator model and all occurrences on the landscape will still look right on the landscape without any manual correction required. And people need to start re-doing these towns or any existing modders clearing out the current towns and copying the render they've been working on over.

I don't know who is still on-board and who isn't, but at the least absolutely anyone can take some time to explore either of these 2 worlds and decide whether they're still interested.

Lightwave