Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interior bug....
03-07-2008, 01:39 AM,
An interior bug....
I'm sorry if you have already addressed this bug, but I could find no posts regarding it, so.....

I'd just like to draw your attention to a small problem with one of the Soluthis Interiors, specifically: Abitius' (Ablitius'?) Quality Goods.

It's lacking any means of interior -> exterior transition. I had to coc out after buying my Bonemold armour in v2.5

I'm afraid I didn't take a screenshot, because it's late here and I just wanted to quickly draw your attention to it before heading to bed.

If I remember, I'll take a screenshot tomorrow afternoon Smile
03-09-2008, 01:50 AM,

I was waiting for the true authorities to answer, but oh well, here goes...

I believe that the collision of the interior Redoran models misbehaves in a manner that prevents the collision of the door from being recognized in-game. Without that recognition, the PC cannot "see" the door to activate it.

I believe that it is being worked on, and should be ready for 3.0.

All I know,
Steve
03-10-2008, 05:36 PM,

Ah, that would make sense, but there didn't appear to be a door at all, just a blank wall where in Morrowind there would have been one (Surrounded by the frame that was part of the interior mesh itself)
08-05-2008, 02:13 AM,
Door problem of Ravenholme
Hey Steve,
Since Ravenholme said he did not actually "see" the door, there could be another possibility that I have run into in making my own personal mods with OB CS. The door is positioned correctly when viewed within the CS but when you go in-game after saving the mod with the CS the door has moved outside the interior area. I've actually done a tcl on console in-game and found the door floating outside the interior area. I do not know why the CS does this when you save the file, but I do know that I have had it happen to me too many times.

MAF
"The more we seek to do, the more time becomes our enemy."

The Boserman
08-05-2008, 04:31 AM,
RE: Door problem of Ravenholme
Quote:Originally posted by Boserman
Hey Steve,
Since Ravenholme said he did not actually "see" the door,

I think he meant "see" the door in the sense that the game would let the PC activate it. The door itself is visible to the PC and you cannot walk though it into limbo. Smile

Steve
08-05-2008, 07:12 AM,
Well I don't mean to be argumentative, but he did mention the fact that all he saw ingame was a blank wall and that jives completely with the problem I mentioned. And I do know that you can turn collision off while ingame and move your pc outside the interior mesh into a kind of limbo, that limbo being the unused area outside of the interior mesh.
I also know I've moved many floating doors back into the interior mesh with the CS after I discovered them there while playing ingame with collision turned off. I'll go back and reread his post and go to that location myself ingame and see if I'm right or wrong about this.
I'm gonna feel really dumb if I don't see a blank wall and find the door outside the mesh though, LOL. :lmao:

The Boserman
08-05-2008, 08:12 AM,
Related info.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-05-2008, 08:54 PM,
Thanks for the related info ID, I would just like to mention here that Ravenholme was correct here, in Soluthis0412 interior mesh public version 2.5 there is no door present at all in the mesh just a doorframe and a blank wall inside the frame and also behind the fireplace OUTSIDE the mesh there is a Large Chest floating there. So at least in this file of ST 2.5 public version there are errors with the Soluthis0412 interior mesh. I guess this mesh as it exists now is a kind of trap for those users that download and use 2.5 PV and yet lack the knowledge to get the PC out of the mesh and to another ST location.
As I mentioned to RazorWing, ID, these kinds of small errors in the release of ST are NOT good public relations or PR for non-modding player-type users of ST.
Now I may be wrong here and correct me if I am, but I would assume that non-modding player-type users are the reason and ultimate end-user interest for the creation of ALL released mods on planet Earth. And maintaining a players only viewpoint as I do, I can tell you from my own personal experience, that these instances of unnecessary introduction of gameplay frustration do not advertise well for the MOD.
When the PLAYER ONLY USER gets frustrated by these errors it alienates them away from the MOD. The ultimate end audience of any MODDER that has plans to release any mod of his into the publics use is the PLAYER ONLY USER.
Unlike us, and I include myself when I say US, the MAJOR portion, like 95% of the world user population, or WUP as I like to call it, have no interest in becomming modders of Morrowind, Oblivion, or ANY other game. Their desire IS and ENDS at playing ONLY.
This situation puts ALL modders releasing work into the PUBLIC arena in exactly the same boat. They are REQUIRED by the desires of the playing public to produce work that is as ERROR FREE as possible. And ANY and ALL introduced errors in that work will produce and result in playing public alienation of that work.
As the old saying goes, "an ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure". A bad reputation of an error ridden MOD is extremely hard to remove. Believe me when I say, that the PLAYING COMMUNITY has just as good or BETTER communication as the modding community, around the world.
So keeping a GOOD face forward, and an error free product in the "hands" of the PLAYING COMMUNITY is the MAJOR goal of ANY and ALL modders that have any desire at all of acceptance in that playing community.
I now step gracefully down from my soap box and will politely shut my very windy mouth.

MAF

The Boserman
08-05-2008, 09:50 PM,

Hi Boserman. We are only human and so are developers of purchased games. One would think that a game that is purchased would be error free. But if you do a quick search I am sure you can find a handful of fixes and patches for errors in TES games.

This and other instances of 'errors' are fixed when they are realized. I would say we don't do to bad considering we have a crew of folks fewer in numbers than the purchased games.

Us and others play testing our development can and does fix problems.

It is not like we are killing folks like drug companies do to find the errors Smile.
08-05-2008, 10:49 PM,
Drug co
Good point about the Drug Companies, Zurke, they do use the public as their human guinea pigs and it should be totally illegal and it is a sad thing that it is not.
However, I feel I still have a good point about as error free as possible modding work. I don't quite understand how anyone that made that interior mesh could not play-test it and find a DOOR missing!
That kind of error is not rocket science, and as far as playability goes it kinda screws the pooch, if you get my drift.
Being lazy is one thing, but destroying the playability of your work is just plain foolishness. My point of view is this, if can't do all you can to insure the playability of your mod, or a piece of it that you made, then why bother making it at all?

MAF

The Boserman