Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interior bug....
08-06-2008, 02:18 AM,

We all drift a bit when modding. We are not perfect as no one is. What we do have though is quality control. So issues like these are hopefully few in number.

My thoughts on this particular issue are that maybe before the 'reviewer' status was implented and before we had anyone really reviewing work this one slip by(as there are alot of interiors that have been created). I assure you if you submit an interior without door it will not slip by. That and a host of other searches are completed on every interior in ST at this time. As the mod progresses more play testing will be done and issues like these will be corrected. If others are playing an unfinished mod then I feel for them.
08-06-2008, 01:44 PM,

General remarks.

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
We all drift a bit when modding. We are not perfect as no one is. What we do have though is quality control.
I agree and our interiors have a very high quality standard.

My thoughts on this particular issue are that maybe before the 'reviewer' status was implented and before we had anyone really reviewing work this one slip by.
Almost every interior in Soluthis has been reviewed mostly by myself (including Soluthis0412) and a few by Sanpicture.

We are only human and so are developers of purchased games. One would think that a game that is purchased would be error free. But if you do a quick search I am sure you can find a handful of fixes and patches for errors in TES games.
OB has many smaller errors/problems.
Recently I fixed an AI/script problem for the Steadhelm stables.

Us and others play testing our development can and does fix problems.
That's a fact, so reporting these problems is very important.
Therefore I would like to thank Ravenholme for reporting the missing door problem. :goodjob:

Quote:Originally posted by Boserman
I feel I still have a good point about as error free as possible modding work.
I agree but keep in mind that the public release v2.5 is a WiP version, so it's normal to find problems.

blue[/HR]

Why is the door missing?

As per the Team Guidelines (§16 - Playtesting) the modder has to playtest the interior.
In this case the interior wasn't playtested (final version).
The modder who made the interior was experienced so he should have playtested his work.

I don't quite understand how anyone that made that interior mesh could not play-test it and find a DOOR missing!
There's nothing wrong with the meshes, the modder checked 'initially disabled' for the door. That's why you can see the door in the CS but not in-game. Prob. he wanted to check VWD which is not required/allowed.

I already fixed the problem (v3.19 of the modding esm).

OUTSIDE the mesh there is a Large Chest floating there.
That's perfectly normal, these are vendor containers.

Resuming.

When modding for ST, please PLAYTEST your files!
TIA.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD