Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilgramage of the Nerevarine
03-09-2008, 11:11 AM,
Pilgramage of the Nerevarine
How about a temple quest where you must make a pilgramage to places the nereverine visited like: kogoruhn, red mountain dagoth ur, each grate house head quarters ( balamora,ald ruhn,Sadrith Mora) each ashlander camp, vally of the wind and tel fyr things like that and on each pligrmage stone (thats what i call them) it could say

Kogoruhn: here the nerevarine battled against the ash creatures of the sixth house cult

Dagoth ur: this is where the nerevarine destroded the evil emortal Dagoth Ur

Tel Fyr: here the Nerevarine was cured of corprus, the "uncurable" disease

greate house head quarters: the nerevarine was elected hortator of great house _______

this is all i can come up with at the moment
i hope this will be encluded
03-09-2008, 12:51 PM,
RE: Pilgramage of the Nerevarine
It does fit the Tribunal way - it will be decided by the attitude of the dunmer to the Nerevarine - has Vivec succeeded in changing the way the dunmer attitude to their religion already?.

Vivec believed that he would fade and the Nerevarine would become a living Saint ... if things turn out this way then the mere question of a pilgrim's path would be a valuable addition - natch you have to take into account if the powers that be want to create something of this nature, and what they would think of this generally.

What I feel comes with this is that the player should quest to form the new basis of dunmer religion - in this he might choose between various factions: the Divines; the Temple; Vivec; the Dissident Priests; Azura and ... the Nerevarine Wink ... a new religious faction!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-09-2008, 01:15 PM,

That's a nice idea! Big Grin
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM,

Agree that fulfilled prophecy could lead to the up rise of a new religious order, but I do not think the fruits of such order could occur in a 6 year time span, unless the followers are really fanatical about it.

The upstart religion would definitly feel pains of birth and growth with a continuos changing of leadership, many many battles not only on paper but with blood and life.

I think its a great idea and I think it would make a superior quest line

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-09-2008, 06:58 PM,

Ah, but part of the growing pains of a new religion is trying to establish rituals like this while the adherents of the old religion declare you apostates and try to kill you. Big Grin

This is not the state religion of Constantine, this is the "hiding in the catacombs and trying to avoid becoming entertainment for the masses" religion of Nero. If the pilgrimage is written like that, with a few Tribunal assassination attempts thrown in, I think it could work.

Just my thoughts,
Steve
03-10-2008, 05:28 PM,

That's it SAC - there is the way History writes things, and there are the actual events ... and the actual events are all about minutiae that history sees as a far longer process or compcts into a phrase and discards. But the actual reality is always something slightly different and less explicable and hard to distinguish from anything else that is happening at the time.

Besides RL does not have to cope with the wills of several competing 'living gods' as far as I know Smile
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman