Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status ?
06-11-2008, 10:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZurkeGood to see you Lightwave. Everyone was saying you were dead Smile.
Most the people I met traveling assume that, I disappear from the face of the earth for a long while then mysteriously reappear. I'm just bad at keeping in touch sometimes. Wink

KuKulzA's original vision was for a Vvardenfell that reflected the lore, and that having a 2x scale island (4x the surface area) would reflect that. There are lots of technical issues in the CS creating this and that held up the project for a good 6 months, until I came back from a stint on the continent and found out about this project. The drop back to 1.5x scale has been a more recent compromise as people started dropping out. Rather than recreate a TES3 Vvardenfell in TES4 by copying the layout of TES3, even if done legally by hand-placing, rather than ESP conversion, wasn't really the plan. Bethesda compromised on the PC hardware available in 2002, so the hope was (and still is) that the extra space can be used to create more depth and detail. In Balmora this means having more buildings for example. You can still have the same types of walls and bridges, or you can add more, please don't feel restricted to the original Bethesda design, as we'd rather you feel you can be creative. Smile

There are screenshots with the 7z archive, and you can generate similar ones yourself using the 7z and having a copy of Morrowind.esm. I've included some of them here from one of our earlier threads (they're actually from the 1x and 2x landscapes). There's a few references for how TES3's Balmora looks on our TES4 landscape.

You can click on any of them for more detail:

[Image: ScreenShot309.jpg]
Vivec

[Image: ScreenShot302.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot291.jpg]
Caldera (left) & the run up to Ghostgate (right).

[Image: ScreenShot290.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot289.jpg]
Balmora

[Image: ScreenShot322.jpg]
Ebonheart

[Image: ScreenShot327.jpg]
Ebonheart, seen across the water near Seyda Neen

[Image: ScreenShot332.jpg]
Part of Seyda Neen to the lower left.

[Image: ScreenShot334.jpg]
Pelagiad

[Image: ScreenShot341.jpg]
Red Mountain, Caldera on the left. Ghostgate up the right valley.

[Image: ScreenShot343.jpg]
Dwemer ruin near Moonmoth Fort and Vivec in the background.

[Image: ScreenShot344.jpg]
Balmora with the island of Firemoth in the distance.

[Image: ScreenShot337.jpg]
More distant shot down at Balmora and Firemoth island.

[Image: ScreenShot340.jpg]
Lots can be seen in this shot (if you zoom in).

[Image: ScreenShot345.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot346.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot352.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot349.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot353.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot339.jpg]
Looking South from the north-east of Vvardenfell.

[Image: ScreenShot343b.jpg]
Vos, Tel Vos etc.

[Image: ScreenShot347.jpg]
Red Mountain from the Grazelands.

[Image: ScreenShot349b.jpg]
Red Mountain from the Grazelands (sunset).

[Image: ScreenShot350.jpg]
A Dumner Fort in the Grazelands.

Lightwave
06-12-2008, 01:09 AM,

I think that if you use walls to fill in the gaps between locations where possible, you will do okay.

For instance, iin MW Balmora the mages guild is right across the street from the smith, and what is across the ally is meaningless. One could extend the meaningful" structures/relationships at the cost of the non-meaningful ones.

I think that the essence of the MW game could be kept at the 1.5X scale, and would be better for it.

Better is the enemy of good enough.
06-12-2008, 01:31 AM,

Lightwave: I did come across Kukula's drawing and I am using it as reference. It seems to keep the balmora feel which I think is important if one is recreating balmora. I have created the garrison -buildings.

grumbler: I agree with you completely. As I wrote you in pm I am trying to get used to the tiles and how they fit in relation to each other while trying to mimic the buildings.
06-12-2008, 02:28 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
grumbler: I agree with you completely. As I wrote you in pm I am trying to get used to the tiles and how they fit in relation to each other while trying to mimic the buildings.
I am working with the differences between the dialog systems. I am determined to make NPCs, even if they are "broken." All we need is the "essence" of Balmora, and the promise of recreating Morrowind, and "they will come."

Why didn't we do this ages ago? Everyone knows what needs to be done to recreate Morrowind. All that is lacking is the will and the time.
06-12-2008, 10:51 AM,

Woah,amazing work guys! :bananarock: