Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we decided on scale then?
04-23-2008, 09:15 PM,

Master file creation shouldn't be difficult. A tool like TES4Gecko can turn it back and forth between an ESP, ESM and merge files for you very easily.
Unwanted records can be removed in the CS (in ESP form), or using a hexeditor or something like TES4Edit. I'm downloading the last master (1.03) now to take a look, but it should be easy to combine them just using TES4Gecko. I don't want it as a 'job' so to speak, but in these early stages it should be simple to maintain; it only becomes complex when lots of modders are submitting their mods and you have watch in case their ESP accidentally removes content from the master or clashes with content from another.

I think everyone should go ahead with town building regardless of region generation; we don't know how long it'll take to get that together, even in a simple format. I don't want anything holding people back from working on this mod once the heightmap and master are merged, it's waited enough. We can easily merge in region generated areas in to the master once they've been created. For the first stage, the placed TES3 content ESP can be used as a temporary version of region generation for anyone that wishes to visit the landscape. This takes the pressure off someone feeling the entire project is still held up waiting for the region generation to be setup and generated.

Btw Dave_91 - you have to double-click on one of the batch files to generate the DistantLand textures (either 1024x1024, 2048x2048 or 4096x4096). It's all in the short Readme in the 7z file. Smile It saves disk space, upload and download time this way.
04-23-2008, 11:02 PM,

Quote:Btw Dave_91 - you have to double-click on one of the batch files to generate the DistantLand textures (either 1024x1024, 2048x2048 or 4096x4096)

Sorry I should have mentioned that - I used the 2048 version. It took about 5 minutes but it seemed to work okay (just like the qLOD batch thingie) and said no problems were found (got the 'cleaning your files' message and it closed automatically afterwards), however I got pink landscape in-game. I'll try it again later tonight as I've a day from college due to that teacher strike thing.

Quote:I think everyone should go ahead with town building regardless of region generation

Alright then that's fine with me. Would it be a good idea to begin on exterior first (or prioritising exteriors, at least)? I think that's what usually takes the most time - creating decent interiors to go with the exterior. I don't think exteriors would take long tbh, as long as we have the meshes to use.

Creating exteriors and merging them asap might be better anyway seeing as we'll be hosting interiors as separate claims (meaning modders can link interiors and create better AI).
04-27-2008, 11:08 PM,

Hi folks. I've regenerated the last Master file (Vvardenfell.esm) that sandor made with the new 1.5x worldspace.

I'm sorely tempted to merge in the NPCs ESP too since that'll be easier than trying to generate the vast number that we'd still expect to be living in Vvardenfell (there are 2,887 of them). The exterior NPCs will be in their original positions on the landscape and can easily be moved or deleted at anyone's discretion.

Does anyone have any objections to having the NPCs in there? The master already contains the previous ESM content (Silgrad STATs, BOOKs, FACEs etc), so if no-one says anything by Tuesday I'll merge in the NPCs and upload the new ESM.
04-27-2008, 11:29 PM,

I'm happy with that. Smile No objections here.
04-28-2008, 01:30 PM,

That actually sounds like a goo time saving idea. :goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-28-2008, 10:44 PM,

I look forward to it, LW. I am going to have some time this summer to help develop this project, and I have started to re-immerse myself in dialogue-writing to help out. I am still utterly hopeless with the visual stuff, however.