Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SilgradCityRegionLoc0601lvl1 [Claimed]
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM,
SilgradCityRegionLoc0601lvl1 [Claimed]
[Image: Tomb5.jpg]

[blockquote]
Cell name: SilgradCityRegionLoc0601lvl1.
Tomb Type: 5.
Claim Difficulty: Easy-Medium.
Creatures: 7 or more.
Name of the tomb: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Amount of loot: Medium.
General info: Check -=this link=-.[/blockquote]

You'll find the tomb in the cell SilgradCityRegionLoc0601lvl1. Use the Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.9991 or a higher version.

If you want to change the layout (use the existing cell), please do so, don't forget to select snap to grid (32-64) and snap to angle.

You have to use the new Velothi tileset (Static>>ST>>Velothi>>Interior>>tileset).

It's fine to add another level just give the new cell the same name, except for the last part and replace lvl1 by lvl2 etc.

I already added a few starter objects like a cobweb etc.
You could use leveled lists for the loot.

For inspiration check the "SilgradCityRegionLoc0101lvl1" tomb made by Razorwing.

Extra info about Velothi tombs.

[Image: Tomb.jpg]

A typical TES3 tomb.

Background.

An ancestral tomb of a rich Hlaalu family.

This a tomb has more valuable items, so you have to add more creatures (preferably leveled). It shouldn't be too easy for the player to get access to the loot.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-06-2009, 03:37 PM,

I'd like to take this as my first claim.
going to be bigger, 3 levels. a nice little fetch quest to get some cups.
[Image: tyraelswordsig.jpg]
04-06-2009, 03:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Blades333
I'd like to take this as my first claim.
going to be bigger, 3 levels. a nice little fetch quest to get some cups.
Great, have fun! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-06-2009, 02:11 AM,

update

still to do for sure:
more clutter, cobwebs, misc things etc.
more chests
pathgrid
decide on a final reward >_>

Also, are there any filters I have to go through to put sounds in? I made some creature voices that help the quest along, but are not dialogue.
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM,

Thanks for the update. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-06-2009, 05:53 PM,

Hi Blade! sandor asked me to take a look at your dungeon. Since it is still a work in progress, I didn’t go into too much depth (only really general points), but I did notice a few things that you should probably know about. Smile
  • Try to use leveled lists when placing enemies – there are a lot of static, non-random enemies such as CreatureWraith1 and StRwCreatureSkeleton2. Replace these with lists such as LL1UndeadEthereal100 or LL1SkeletonMelee100 (and, of course, others too if you need to).
  • Many creatures and the quest NPC had their feet sinking into the floor of the dungeon. You should usually place these types of objects by raising them slightly above the floor, and them making them ‘fall’ by using the F-key.
  • I think there are a few too many of the small loot chests, in general. In the first cell for example, you used them in pairs. Maybe it would be a good idea to use a mix of small and large chests instead?
  • You should lock the majority of any loot chests you place (exceptions being boss containers, quest related containers, and the like).
  • You used a few StInVelSilRoomDome02bottom/StInVelSilRoomDome02top pairs inside the tomb, as well as a StInVelSilRoomDome01. These pieces are meant to be used in locations where there is a dome (like the shape of the ceiling you see on StInVelSilRoomDome02top). Instead, try to build the rooms you need out of the modular room pieces (Static->ST->Velothi->Houses->Interior->Tileset->SmallRoom).
  • I know you said you’re still working on clutter, but just in case you didn’t know, many of the altars should not only have urns, but other pieces of loot as well, like in tombs from TES3. These objects can be just about anything Dunmer (so in other words, most ST objects that are not explicitly Imperial), and are usually neither upper-class nor expensive.
  • The script on the activator-type chalices adds a chalice object to the player's inventory, but without disabling the activator, you will still see the activator on the altar. I don't *think* I saw anything that did that.
  • You might need to increase the ambient lighting of the cell, depending on whether it's bright enough in-game.
  • Many of your cells have many more than 20 light objects. As a rule of thumb, I usually try to stick to around 20 lights per cell at maximum (though I’ll admit I do sometimes go over that number by a small amount Big Grin) because having too many lights can affect the FPS. Though I think you should be fine in this case because very few of the lights have overlapping radii (which is usually the major FPS-killer in cells with many lights). So as long as the cell is lit well enough in-game, I don’t think you’ll need to do anything about the lights. Smile I’m only mentioning this for future claims and reference.
  • In the second cell, I saw you used a CandlestickFloor02Orange128 object. Could you replace this with either a StLightDunLamp01fire light object or a StLightDunLamp01fake static object and then a lightbulb object?
  • In the final cell, I saw you had the lights set up so that they light up as the player approaches the altar. Would it be possible to make it so that the trigger zones cover the entire width of the room (by scaling)? The lights should probably also cover the lamps.
  • I minor issue, but I noticed one of the spider webs in the first chalice room was rotated strangely - its ends were sticking out in mid-air (those should be connected to the wall).
Overall, I really like the dungeon. :goodjob: The layout reminds me of how labyrinthine those tombs were back in the TES3 days. Big Grin

I also like the quest. :yes: Just one question though: What happens if the player tries to leave with the three chalices still in his/her inventory?
07-18-2009, 05:58 PM,

I'll finish the claim as per TID's review. :check:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-17-2009, 09:21 PM,

sorry, i forgot about it and havent had a lot of time for working.
ive attached my most recent file if its of any worth. i fixed most of TID's suggestions.
08-18-2009, 05:17 PM,

Thanks, I'll check the esp. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-25-2011, 09:01 AM,

Can I finish off this claim of this user? How much of the work has he/she done?