Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SilgradCityRegionLoc0701lvl1 [Finished]
07-24-2011, 09:45 AM,

I agree with the remarks made by Sniper4.
Nice work so far, I like the quest idea as well. Smile

I received your PM.
I'll check for a suitable exterior location and reply asap. :check:
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-24-2011, 10:52 AM,

Please place the entrance near cell 5, -22 (STLand WS), it's near the city.

Use the following models: StExVelEntrance03 and the StInVelSilLoaddoor.

TIA. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-24-2011, 03:41 PM,

Alright, may I decorate the outside of the tomb or would you like your exterior level designers to do that? Also, if you want me to do this should I make the roads to the major roads if there are any? Thanks again, both of you guysBig Grin
07-24-2011, 07:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by JcHARP
Alright, may I decorate the outside of the tomb or would you like your exterior level designers to do that? Also, if you want me to do this should I make the roads to the major roads if there are any?
Sure, NP, just state the cells you altered when submitting the file for reviewing. Smile

Info regarding the textures etc.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-24-2011, 08:14 PM,

I just noticed that in my play-through of the almost completed quest that the items called "corkbulb" have unique and glitching "Bouncing" properties. When I pick something up in my cell it bounces around like a pinball so to speak. I don't know why either. I also am having issues with making my NPC disable after I leave the STLAND World Space.

my script goes like this:

begin gamemode

if JCquest01DONE == 1 && Player.getinworldspace STLand == 0
JCBrevrarLlethriRef.disable
endif

end

My quest script tells it when the variable JCquest01DONE is ticked to 1.

This is for a quest that will handle all of my other variables. Smile

I wonder what I am doing wrong. The first time I tried it, it worked. The second time it did not.

So far what I have done:

Interior Setup [:check:]
Interior Lighting [:check:]
Questline Idea [:check:]
Questline Completed [:check:]
Exterior & Proper Tree cluttering [:check:]
All other original problems [:check:]

Total Completed [99% Complete](1% is never complete for quick-fixes)

Once the quest has all bugs sorted and I fix that bouncing problem with the corkbulb. I should be close to sending it in for a real review. I am most likely going to be sending it in tonight. Hopefully you like it Smile
07-25-2011, 12:51 AM,

I also am having issues with making my NPC disable after I leave the STLAND World Space.

my script goes like this:

begin gamemode

if JCquest01DONE == 1 && Player.getinworldspace STLand == 0
JCBrevrarLlethriRef.disable
endif

end

My quest script tells it when the variable JCquest01DONE is ticked to 1.

This is for a quest that will handle all of my other variables. Smile

I can see two possibilities:

1. Is your disable script a quest script? If so, I don't believe quest scripts can handle specific references like "JCBrevrarLlethriRef."

2. Is your script an object script attached to your NPC? If so, I'm not sure that the object script can recognize the variable set in the quest script.

To get around these problems (if one of them is even the problem), you could set an object script on your NPC (which would allow you to use the reference) that disables him once the final quest stage(s) is met. As an example, you can see my object script called "StSISCC0326Sathrilscript". It disables the NPC once the quest is complete, the player leaves the cell, and after a day has passed. I'll post it below as an example:

Quote:ScriptName StSISCC0326Sathrilscript

float CurrentDay
float CurrentTime
float StartTime

Begin gamemode

if ( GetStage StSISCC0326quest >= 40 ) && ( CurrentDay == 0 ) && ( GetStage StSISCC0326quest < 50 )
set CurrentDay to GameDaysPassed
set CurrentTime to GameHour
endif

if ( GetStage StSISCC0326quest >= 40 ) && ( GetStage StSISCC0326quest < 50 )
if GameDaysPassed > ( CurrentDay + 1 )
if player.GetInSameCell StSISCC0326SathrilRadaryRef == 0
StSISCC0326SathrilRadaryRef.disable
SetStage StSISCC0326quest 90
endif
endif
endif

End

I'd recommend backing up your esp before trying my technique, in case it doesn't work. I wouldn't want you to lose your scripting progress in case my recommendation doesn't work for your case Smile.
07-25-2011, 03:56 AM,

It worked, thank you Big Grin what should I do about the voices now? Should I try to do a dunmer voice? I REALLY suck at that LOL. Big Grin All I need is the voice and I will be done the dungeon.

I added a basement to the place but it is in the same cell. You need the highest lockpick skill to get in or be good at it(timing). It has harder enemies there and better loot, it's there for re-playability. Consists of Daedra, no dremora.

Here is the file without the voice files: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20595107/...01lvl1.esp

I done all the bug testing I could of thought, I don't think there is anything wrong with the quest. If you guys can notify me if you do find anything wrong with it, that would be super helpful.

Your solution works, after waiting a day and some hours he disappears.

I think it is done. I have edited the outside of the interior as you enter the door to the interior. I have added a hill to make it realistic so it seems as the dungeon goes down. And I have used the ctrl+right-click(might be shift bad memory Smile ) method to keep authenticity of the textures.

The bottomfloor is newly added, if there is anything wrong with it in terms of bleeding, I can do quick fixes. I have removed all corkbulb due to a weird glitch that they would bounce around like basketballs on steroids. I have added a cool looking pit that purposefully bleeds through the wall to make it look like a wall ashpit.(Will remove if you need me to.)

I have not tested the waypoints for the higher level area on the bottom floors. I have tight spaces due to having some smaller altars next to the walking path which may prevent larger monsters getting through.

Top-level works as planned for waypoints.

Everything looks good SO FAR, I am just very nervous what you guys will think of my firs dungeon Big Grin, tell me anything that may be wrong with it.
07-25-2011, 04:16 AM,

It worked, thank you Big Grin what should I do about the voices now? Should I try to do a dunmer voice? I REALLY suck at that LOL. Big Grin All I need is the voice and I will be done the dungeon.

Voice acting is optional, but not required Smile. Silent sound files will be added later on (if they aren't added by TESGecko automatically upon merging) that will allow the player to read the dialogue in game.

Since the voice acting issue is cleared up, are we considering this your official submission for review? Smile
07-25-2011, 04:38 AM,

Actually no, I just caught something really big LOL it might of put me in the noob category. The intelligence check doesn't work and I have to figure out why Sad I completely forgot that I was running through it with a level 1 haha.

EDIT: It worked before I just had to edit my intel' before I spoke to him. It should be good to go for testing. I guess this can be my Official submission. haha. I just hope it is good enough to be considered lol.

EDIT2: I updated the file download to add one AI Package so he wanders instead of just sitting there, and I made a faction for my NPC's named JCEvilFaction so you don't "Murder" him when/if you kill him.
07-25-2011, 07:48 AM,

I am ready for judgement! Big Grin Hopefully it works out.lol