Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another plane of Oblivion?
04-16-2008, 09:23 AM,
Another plane of Oblivion?
What are the thoughts on utilising one of the remaining and unimaginable planes of oblivion. We have seen but a few of many.
  • 1 Azura
  • 2 Boethiah
  • 3 Clavicus Vile
  • 4 Hermaeus Mora
  • 5 Hircine
  • 6 Jyggalag
  • 7 Malacath
  • 8 Mehrunes Dagon
  • 9 Mephala
  • 10 Meridia
  • 11 Molag Bal
  • 12 Namira
  • 13 Nocturnal
  • 14 Peryite
  • 15 Sanguine
  • 16 Sheogorath
  • 17 Vaermina

Maybe a nicer plane? Oblivion was reasonably hellish, what about a heavenly plane? Azura?

Hircine could also give a good plane, a predator/pray place, probably called Hircines playground. Rather than giving access to his entire plane this would be like a larger version of the Arena and would have several different themed hunts going on at a time. Maybe one could even be Big Brother-esque.

Molag Bal's plane would be easier as you just go off the perverted vision of the Imperial Tower, and have each district a different edge on the domination and enslavement of mortals. The sewers could be the dungeons and be more like 'Hostel' for daedra!

Nocturnal, this could be absolute darkness and maybe somehow spell-free, so you are forces to wander through the black tunnels with a torch! This could actually be one of the areas in Hircines Playground instead as i like the idea of things jumping out, traps, strange noises, eyes seem in the darkness etc, and NO NIGHTEYE! :yes:
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-16-2008, 10:57 AM,
RE: Another plane of Oblivion?
TheImperialDragon is actually making a plane of Oblivion for the final Fighters Guild quest, but he has a lot of work to do before he gets time to work on that quest. There's a plane of Oblivion for the mod that can be viewable in the Construction Set, maybe it's that same plane.

Oh, and there's one thing worth pointing out to you:

Jyggalag and Sheogorath are the same Daedra Lord!
04-16-2008, 11:34 AM,

There was an old discussion about the exact same thing. It's now archived here.

At this point, I personally think it would be best to focus on the mod's landmass and cities before we expand into another plane of Oblivion. It might be fun, but the time and effort it would take to make the resources and mod the plane would probably be put to better use if we completed what we're already working on.

Quote:Originally posted by Cambridge Spy
TheImperialDragon is actually making a plane of Oblivion for the final Fighters Guild quest, but he has a lot of work to do before he gets time to work on that quest. There's a plane of Oblivion for the mod that can be viewable in the Construction Set, maybe it's that same plane.
The plane I modded a while back was a standard Mehrunes Dagon-type plane. Smile It's not yet accessible to the player.
04-16-2008, 11:45 AM,

Okay, but the plane you're thinking about for the final FG quest is also going to be a Dagon-type plane, too, right? That's what I think of when I hear the words "Plane of Oblivion". True, the Shivering Isles can be classed as a plane of Oblivion, but you won't find any lava in the Isles, now would you?
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM,

By plane of oblivion i see it as the other planes in which the Princes live/created etc and would be specific to each although some sound a little similar.

Cambridge Spy, you got me there! I just copied and paster the list from TES wiki...

BUT! would you like to tell Jyggalag and Sheogorath they are the same person? I think not! Big Grin

TheImperialDragon. your right. Im just getting carried away although it nice to think about! We can come back to this one day.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-16-2008, 12:02 PM,

Have you actually played "Shivering Isles"? The main quest in that expansion involves saving Sheogorath's realm from Jyggalag's forces. It is later revealed throughout the questline that Jyggalag once ruled the Shivering Isles, and that the other Daedric princes got jealous. They placed a curse of Madness upon him, and that's how Sheogorath came on the scene. But yeah, you're right, at the end of the questline Sheogorath and Jyggalag become different people, because the player "becomes Sheogorath".
04-16-2008, 12:43 PM,

:confused: just meant if you had tried to tell him that he wouldnt believe you... anyway. Your right! And like i say, i just Ctrl+C'd the list straight from UESP as i wouldn't remember all the names let alone all the spelling! Big Grin
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM,

Sheogorath and Jyggalag both know what they are. By the end of the SI main quest, though, Sheogorath's realm survives as Sheogorath's realm, and Jyggalag goes to wander the void of Oblivion and, presumably, create his new realm of order there after a while.

When making a realm of Oblivion, you have two possible approaches:
1. One large unified landmass (as Sheogorath's Shivering Isles)
2. Several small, fragmented pocket worlds (as Dagon's Deadland)

Depends what you want to do with them, really. The former is a real landmass mod, the latter is for making dungeons. For example, Vality7 is doing Azura's Moonshadow as a single landmass meant for exploration and sight-seeing, while Tamriel Rebuilt will features small parts of Vaernima's Quagmire as dungeons.

So, this leaves the following realms for grabs:
* 1 Boethiah
* 2 Clavicus Vile
* 3 Hermaeus Mora
* 4 Hircine
* 5 Malacath
* 6 Mephala
* 7 Meridia
* 8 Molag Bal
* 9 Namira
* 10 Nocturnal
* 11 Peryite
* 12 Sanguine
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM,

I still like the idea of Hircines Playground. most likely dungeons. Many different area all linked to some central hub. try not to make too linear but basically several or many of Hircines hunting grounds where predator and pray hunt and are hunted for Hircines amusement. Maybe Hircines voice is a feature. laughing as he announces where prey are hiding. Or givng great weapons to the prey so they can slay their hunter. All for his amusement.

Wouldn't have to be huge. And probable wouldn't need any new models other than maybe some weapons. Voice acting and storylines would be the key to this one.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-16-2008, 01:59 PM,

You mentioned voice acting? That's why I signed up for this mod! Looking forward to what you're proposing!