Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #008: Guls Ancestral Tomb [Open]
06-09-2008, 06:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou

I'm losing my connection to the internet this week for an unknown duration. Maybe a week, maybe a month, it is hard to know for sure until I've the net back Smile So! I'm gonna keep hammering away, and when I'm back, expect a new ESP (hopefully for review), with lots of shiny awesomeness.
Thanks for the heads up. Smile

Not being able to activate certain doors is a known issue (WiP, Razorwing).
I have to check for the other objects.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-09-2008, 06:56 PM,

Sounds like an awsome tomb no doubt another fine addition to ST Smile.
06-10-2008, 04:22 PM,

'Nother update!

Level 1 - Done
Level 2 - Done
Level 3 - Done, might add some more loot to a section though.
Level 4 - Almost done. Gotta add a little bit of loot.
Level 5 - Need to add decorations, lights, pathgrid, loot, critters.
Level 6 - Might need to expand on the loot, otherwise, done.
Level 7 - Need to add loot, and critters.

So, I'm getting really close. Also, to further clarify my bit about losing my connection, I'm losing my connection at home, but will retain one at work. So I can still post status updates and whatnot, I just won't be able to upload ESPs or download newer versions of the ESM.

I'll try to get a newer version of my tomb up and running before I lose my ability to, though.

Finally, thanks for the kind words Zurke, and thanks for the heads-up with the activation problems sandor. I wasn't aware that the door issue was with multiple door types, I thought it was just one of the many Big Grin That'd explain it, though.

edit:

The list has been modified to reflect where I'm at ^.^
06-14-2008, 02:52 AM,

Here's the latest work in progress, complete with a nifty checklist to show how far I am! The next ESP after this one will likely be the one for review. Take a look around, lemmi know what you think about loot layout, enemy layout, anything at all.

Level 1 - Done
Level 2 - Need to reposition a few braziers so they're not floating, but done otherwise
Level 3 - Still thinking about the loot, but done otherwise
Level 4 - Need to reposition some urns, add some light loot, done otherwise
*Level 5 - Need to add lighting, loot, and adjust all the doors to fit in their jams.
Level 6 - Done
Level 7 - Needs loot and critters.

Enjoy, and I hope to be back in force soon Big Grin

* There's not going to be any monsters in this level at all. Should I still add a pathgrid?
06-14-2008, 09:09 PM,

I had a look around the tomb. I must say it looks like an adventure! Big Grin Here are my suggestions: SoluthisLoc008lvl1 looks good. SoluthisLoc008lvl2 has a lot of objects, so I would try to split it into about three smaller cells, and try to make sure the number of lights in an interior is closer to 20 or 30 per cell... My main concern with cell SoluthisLoc008lvl3 is that the layout is stacked - I'd try to space things out a bit more and reduce the number of lights (or split it into separate cells)... The combination of the moldcave and the Velothi architecture in cell SoluthisLoc008lvl4 looks very intriguing. SoluthisLoc008lvl5 is fairly repetitive, so I would try to use clutter objects to make each room unique - might also want to split that interior into a few separate cells. SoluthisLoc008lvl6 looks like a cool cavern. For SoluthisLoc008lvl7, you most definitely need to reduce the number of light objects from 55 to something more like 30 at most. Since there are over 1500 objects, it might just be best to split the whole interior into four separate cells.

* There's not going to be any monsters in this level at all. Should I still add a pathgrid?
I would say yes. There's no harm in doing it, and you never know if the player is being followed. :O
06-16-2008, 06:53 PM,

Yet another update, yay for continued progress! Smile

Level 1 - Done.
Level 2 - Done.
Level 2b - Done.
Level 2c - Done.
Level 2d - Done.
Level 3 - Needs some cobwebs, otherwise done.
Level 4 - Done.
Level 5 - Done.
Level 5b - Needs loot, and maybe an extra monster or two. Cobwebs too.
Level 5c - Needs clutter, urns, critters, pathgrids, keys, doors need to be resorted to have proper locks, refitted into their doorjams, etc etc etc.
Level 5d - Same as 5c
Level 6 - Done.
Level 7 - Needs a population, and loot.
Level 7b - Needs pathgrid, population, and loot
Level 7c - Same as 7b

15 cells total, with 8 done. Gonna finish L3, and 5b tonight for sure, and start on 5c and 5d as well. I really enjoy how it is working out. Some time this week I should have internet access at home (at last!), and can get another ESP up.
06-30-2008, 07:52 PM,

I've a question that has been haunting me throughout this dungeon, in regards to pathgrids. Attached is a little pic illustrating two separate attempts to pathgrid a small section of space. The one on the left has connections between all the rooms and halls, through locked doors. The one on the right separates each room into its own little pathgrid, same with the halls. Which is the proper approach, assuming all doors are locked? Is there any way to tie the pathgrids together when the doors are unlocked, but keep them separate otherwise? Or is it not a problem, with NPCs ignoring such links once they bump into the door and can't get it open? Any advice is appreciated Big Grin

Just to clarify a bit more, I've used both methods throughout the dungeon, and can't see any problem with either. I'd prefer to just be able to pick one and settle with it, but if there's issues with having the pathgrids broken up, or traveling through impossible barriers (doors requiring keys, for example), I'd like to know before I have this ready for review, so I can make sure it is the best it can be.
07-02-2008, 09:19 AM,

I'd prefer to just be able to pick one and settle with it...
Just connect the separated rooms to the PG.

Depending on the wander radius the NPC's will go near the door, normally they will ignore locked doors. If the door is unlocked and the wander radius allows it, the NPC could open the door.

Further, if the PC opens the doors and leaves without killing the NPC's, you need a PG that isn't broken up.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM,

Thanks, Sandor. It was a silly question in hindsight, but it just kept bugging me Smile

I should have the internet all nice and set up at home later tonight, so new WIP ESP very soon. Here's another checklist of my progress so far:

Level 1 - Done
Level 2 - Done
Level 2b - Done
Level 2c - Done
Level 2d - Done
Level 3 - Done
Level 4 - Done
Level 5 - Done
Level 5b - Needs light loot
Level 5c - Needs light loot
Level 5d - Needs light loot
Level 6 - Done, though it might do well to have a larger population of bugs
Level 7 - Needs light loot
Level 7b - Needs loot, and monsters
Level 7c - Needs loot, and monsters

Also, need to doublecheck all the pathgrids, make sure everything's nice and connected.

So, with some inspiration (placing random loot is the hardest thing for me Sad ), I could have this all hammered out and ready for review by the weekend. Without inspiration, a bit longer. Level 7c, the big final chamber is gonna be the hardest, I think, just cause I want it to be 'special' as far as reward goes. Something that stands out, and is worth the pain (and there's lots of pain from Level 4 on down, but not completely over the top. A glass claymore? Some custom armor of some sort? I've not decided.

Long story short: 9 out of 15 done, 4 need some loot, 2 need loot and critters. Delicious progress! =)
07-02-2008, 07:04 PM,

Thanks for the update. Smile

I could have this all hammered out and ready for review by the weekend. Without inspiration, a bit longer.
Take your time, I am sure it will be a high quality tomb. :yes:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD