Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #008: Guls Ancestral Tomb [Open]
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM,

So, big final reward thing. After legions of undead and daedra, endless winding halls, and twisting tunnels, and far too little in the way of safe travels, you come to a shiny alter with what is supposedly the grand prize for having made it so far. What should it be I wonder? Half-way through, the middle-of-the-road surprise is a full set of bonemold, and some cash. Ideas I have for the very end are:

- An enchanted glass claymore with weakness to magic/fire/frost/shock 10% for 10sec, and 4 scrolls with damage health/fire/frost/shock damage 10pts

- A sigil stone, marked Guls Family Treasure, with multiple effects (as opposed to just one) when used on an item. Examples could be a fortify 5pts of all magic skills on self, or a damage/drain health combo on strike...

- Some sort of scripted doodad that adds the Family Guardians power to the player when it is in their inventory, allowing 2-4 summonable skellies in a single cast

Any of those sound alright? Too over the top? Not over the top enough? The first one is probably the easiest one to deal with, as there's no scripting involved, and there's no having to explain the existence of a sigil stone in the depths of an old dunmer tomb...

Suggestions? Ideas?
07-03-2008, 10:06 PM,

I don't think you need to do the latter. I think that the first 2 bonusses are good enough.
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM,

Heheh, I was actually trying to pick between the three, rather than recommending all three at once Smile

I've pretty much decided against the sigil stone, and already have the claymore in-game. Still, it would be fun to be able to summon 4 skeletons to your side all at once, when things get hairy. For now, the claymore's done and that's it. If I come up with some fantastic idea for the amulet, I might take the time to write the scripts and maybe do something like a random chance between the two things via leveled lists.

All the same, I'm open to even more suggestions than just these 3, so if anything comes to mind, lemmi know. New WIP ESP some time tonight, with only the very last 3 cells lacking monsters. Several still need loot, though, but all in all, running through it should give you a pretty good idea as to the finished product.
07-04-2008, 12:44 AM,

I like the idea of the sigil stone with a kicker: the first time the PC picks it up, whatever creatures (4 skeletons, I guess) that the PC could summon later get summoned now to kick PC butt. Big Grin Think of it as an initiation. There would probably need some scripting so that the PC couldn't summon with the stone until after either killing all the summoned creatures or simply escaping.

Just a thought,
Steve
07-04-2008, 06:38 PM,

Here's my latest WIP ESP

Things left to do:

Loot added to cells 5b, 5c, 5d, 7, 7b, and 7c
Monsters added to cells 7b, and 7c

The end of 7c, which constitutes the end of the tomb, is currently adorned with a claymore enchanted with 20% weakness to magic and all elements for 10 seconds. Next to said claymore are 4 scrolls, each doing 10pts of damage to health, and all elements. If I end up going with the sigil stone, or summoning charm thingy, I'll be swapping the urn where these are found with a chest, which will randomly choose between them all. You'll be able to find the claymore and scrolls, or maybe the sigil stone, or perhaps the nifty summoner's charm.

The problem with some doors not letting you open them traps the player in cell 5 once they drop in the hole provided, but simply disabling the door is a way around. Once that is resolved, things should work smoothly.

A word of caution to anyone actually playing through this from beginning to end, in-game, bring torches and lockpicks. You will need them. Also, something sharp.
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM,

Since that last ESP I've fixed several problems that sorta broke things. Main one being that the entrance to cell SoluthisLoc008lvl7 from lvl4 wasn't properly locked. Since the whole point of cells 5 and 6 are unlocking and reaching 7, it was a bit of an issue. I've also populated all remaining cells with critters, though I've yet to loot everything. I'll have a newer ESP up tonight as a result.

A question in regards to the new critters added by ST, namely the Hunger, but also the Morphoid... Whenever I add them I get all sorts of exciting errors about their animations and meshes not lining up, or somesuch. Ignoring them, adding the critters, and playing in game, there seems to not be a problem with this, but it concerns me all the same. Is it safe to add these new creatures to my dungeon, or will problems result? Also, is Silgrad Tower still shying away from Shivering Isles content? I miss having Golden Saints in old tombs, is why I ask, though even so I'd likely not add any to Guls, as I'm so close to the end of things anyway.
07-08-2008, 10:23 AM,

Post the errors they're giving you, it's quite probable that I've run across them while dealing with the kwama.

A related question - where abouts is the hunger in the folder structure? If it's in meshes\creatures\hunger then it will cause problems for those with SI. Just a heads up.
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou

Is it safe to add these new creatures to my dungeon...
Yes.

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou
Also, is Silgrad Tower still shying away from Shivering Isles content?
Yes.

Check out the "STCUGoldenSaintExample" (NPC).

@nick_op
I attached the errors.

We use "meshes\ST\creatures" for the path.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-08-2008, 05:19 PM,

Ah, thanks for the answers, Sandor Big Grin

And, as is obvious, I didn't get the new ESP up... I exploded something, and lost my ESP in the process, so the one currently up a few posts back is the latest =/ Luckily, it wasn't a big loss, as not much had changed, but still... Gah.
07-08-2008, 06:50 PM,

Basically, those errors are saying that the animations can't find a certain node or property within the mesh.

I've dealt with this problem in dorrs and activators, and also with the kwama forager. The problem with the forager was this: I have the particle system as a seperate mesh (in the same way that lots of Beth's creatures are split up into several body parts). You get the error if the body part isn't selected in the model list if you try to preview the creature (as the mesh isn't loaded, the animation can't find it). It may also happen in the render window as well. It's not a problem in this case.

It is possible that there is a problem with the mesh, but I'd check that the necessary parts are loaded in the model list and see if you still get the problem. If you still get the error message after doing that, let me know and I'll take a look at the mesh. I assume it's the same as the one from the Lore Creature Expansion?