Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong Bandit Cave
04-18-2008, 09:52 PM,
Morag Tong Bandit Cave
Well, I'm starting work on the entry quest for the Morag Tong, and it quite obviously involves a bandit cave, so I posted a claim thread here, in the absence of anywhere better to put it.

It'll be a decently-sized moldcave, 1 or 2 levels, but with large levels. It will feature a group of bandits, their leader, and a poor man who has been kidnapped. Would you guess that the player gets to save said man?

I'll also need an exterior entrance somewhere between Soluthis and Steadhelm, preferably closer to Soluthis. I'm willing to mod the exterior if there isn't a cave entrance that's already been set up that i can use.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-18-2008, 11:22 PM,

Is the claim for just the moldcave, or for the moldcave and the NPCs you listed?

Steadhelm is roughly at (51,16) and Soluthis rougly at (-14,39), so halfway inbetween that would be around (33,27). According to the map that would put it on the southern tip of the middle peninsula (in the Soluthis region). A better location would probably be 23,19 which would put it north of the Y-shaped river on the left peninsula - and, according to the map, would put it close to the planned road between Soluthis and Steadhelm. It would then be in the Ashunor Valley region.

How the exterior should be modded is another question. I think the easiest solution would be to just wait until Shakes has generated the region and the preset has been merged because then you wouldn't have to worry about which landscape textures (and other things) to use.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-19-2008, 01:43 AM,

Well, i'm going to have to do the bandits and their boss, but the other NPCs involved in the quest are already done and merged. Where the exterior is doesn't really matter, as long as it is close to the road between Soluthis and Steadhelm.

So if there's a region that's already been generated that i can just drag-drop a cave entrance into, that would be great, but i probably won't have it done for a while, so if i have to wait until Ashunor Valley is merged, that works too.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-18-2008, 10:03 PM,

Ey guys, i'm actually working on this (haven't forgotten!)

So i need to know, does ST have any leveled lists for bandits? I could just use the default OB ones, but then the bandits wouldn't use Silgrad's armor.

If we've got any ST bandit NPC templates, w/ bonemold and netch leather, let me know. Otherwise, i'll see what i can do about making some new leveled lists. The balancing will be based on Bethesda's default lists, but the bandits will wear ST armor.

And if i haven't said it already, Moldcave ROCKS! Especially useful are the platforms from the Dunmer Shack set - they're perfect for duplicating all the scaffolding from TES3

I'll be done with this fully in about a week. Still need to find/make the bandits, and do some scripting and dialogue fun to hook in the quest

Just for fun, here's a screenshot. Have i mentioned that the Moldcave set is great?

[edit] I couldn't find any ST bandit lists, so i made my own, from scratch. We now have a StSeLL2BanditCaves100 list. The bandits in it wear stuff like netch leather and bonemold. I'll update it more if we get more netch leather (besides just curiass and helms) or Chitin.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-16-2008, 06:59 PM,

I'm nearing completion of the claim, but there's one glaring error... i have no place to put the cave on the exterior landscape!

Has any development been done on the roads from Soluthis to Steadhelm or Soluthis to Silgrad City? I'd really like to hook the interior up to a cave exit, and not have to worry about doing the exterior myself.

I've got to know where the cave is going to be so that i can describe its location for some dialogue. Additionally, i believe that if i'm going to make a quest-marker, i'll need to set it on the exterior.

So any ideas on where i could put it?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-16-2008, 07:22 PM,

Where do you want to put the cave, exactly? I can put it just about anywhere fairly easily, and it shouldn't interfere with the generation process. At least not for the regions I'll be generating.
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM,

if you could put it close to the road between Soluthis and Steadhelm that would be great.

If there are already placed cave exteriors, i'll hook it up myself. I don't want to submit the ESP until i'm done with the quest, and i can't finish the quest until i've hooked the exterior to the interior.

I'd prefer to have the entrance near the road itself, so that players don't have to go searching too far. It would also probably be best if it was nearer to Soluthis, rather than Steadhelm, but other than that, pretty much anywhere you can put it would be good.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-18-2008, 01:51 AM,

Would the area around cell (20, 31) be okay? It's about where the red dot is on the map. Just drop a cave entrance on the blank landmass and hook it up to your dungeon. When the region is generated, I'll make sure the person generating (possibly myself) knows it's there.
07-18-2008, 12:59 PM,

That would work just fine, thanks. I should have this dungeon done very soon then, just need to do a bit of scripting and dialogue.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-19-2008, 03:33 PM,

Okay. Smile