Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Concept art
04-20-2008, 11:02 AM,

As a general rule, architecture is the most useful concept, as not only does it have wide use (as a tileset) it is also easier to model (generally) than plants and organic stuff.

A few architectural ideas:

for BM cities (non-imperial) there are going to be some cities that are largely made by argonians, and so they will have a unique feel, perhaps underwater entrances, or in some "safer" parts of the marsh houses that are entirely underwater? (Argonians do have automatic water breathing in game dont they? We obviously dont want argonian inhabitants drowning in their own homes Tongue).

Also think about what materials are most readily available (basically, stone is rare and heavy therefore hard to transport in the marsh), perhaps look at buildings that are contructed largely from wood, bones (swamp leviathans are huge!), animal hide, perhaps argonians could use their own shed skin as water-proofing?

Related to the underwater homes, settlements may need to be in trees to avoid confrontation with the dangerous marsh creatures (in murkwood especially), but the argonians dont have a green pact to worry about, so trees can be as damaged by habitation as you like Wink Perhaps houses on stilts would be the most obvious routs here, but a multi-level village could be cool (with some houses on stilts, then some higher up in the canopy that can be reached by stairs or walkways from the top of the stilt-houses).

These are all just ideas, you're the artist so you can draw whatever you like, we'll probably love it anyway Smile

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
04-20-2008, 11:27 AM,

Thanks for all that, sounds good, maybe an Ewok-village type settlement accessed through swamp entrances.

Also think they would have progressively mad their settlements more fortified over time by planting and training trees. I propose an Argonian fortress where its walls are a solid line of trees grown together over centuries. Inside this tree-fortress is room for a full Argonian city through the trees, on the ground is lake which means to get down you can either use the various rope ladders, hollow tree houses or just jump.

I will have a go at something now so you can see what i mean!
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-21-2008, 08:07 AM,

Right, personally i love this but obviously im biased!

A great circle of trees planted and trained centuries ago, now an impenetrable city wall accessed from well protected and extravagant underwater caves. A 2nd circle inside forms the central 'castle' inequivalent and is surrounded by huts, platforms which are linked to similar around the inside of the city walls by a network of rope bridges, ladders and hollow branches.

Im sure this wont be the easiest thing to mod, but i think it would be worth the extra hassle. Also i think the fact there is no landscape nor sky visible helps with polygon counts etc.

Mushroom farms, glowshroom farms which in turn light some hydroponic area growing tobacco or something. Fish farms in the water below, sectioned off with beaver dam looking structures. Area for slaughterfish, young slaughterfish, and if possible a few new species of small simple fish and shoals.

[Image: IMG_0349.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0350.jpg]

can do close up concepts for the houses which are all lodge into the triangular shapes between the great buttresses. Archways cut through the buttresses leading to the hollow interior too.

The poor district can be in underwater homes, maybe these would work well as underwater caves kind of balloon shaped so they hold a bubble of water inside them.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-21-2008, 11:55 AM,

Woowh, that is realy realy nice :o I love the idea.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
04-21-2008, 11:59 AM,

So do i. Would look very spectacular without loads of work. Is anybody able to mod this! If nobody, i will have a go on CS myself for this as i like it so much.

Is there room for this in the Lore? or are we open to create from scratch?

Have also posted a good mermaid-like creature which may suit the black marsh area. See it and please comment >>HERE<<
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-21-2008, 06:00 PM,

ha when summer hits this will definitely be getting its own custom tileset, courtesy of me Smile This is a great concept, the tree wall idea is a goods way of keeping it as a cell in the same way oblivion cities were. Perfect... wish i could start on it sooner Sad

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
04-21-2008, 06:26 PM,

Ah, well let everyone decide if its suitable for the Argonians 1st, if not Valenwood want it for the Green Pact. Either way, i just wanna see this, the scale in game, with all the houses, torches here and there and mist. Will look amaaaazing!
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-21-2008, 06:40 PM,

Agreed, i gues it will be useable for the marshes. although i dont know the lore very well. so Tlo/Grey will have to comment on it.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
04-21-2008, 11:04 PM,

haha, nice.

I have a feeling Grey will be busy most of the time, but we'll see.

Personally, I'd love to make it in CS, if llamaranger makes the tileset.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
04-21-2008, 11:17 PM,

i would CS it too. Let me know as soon as anyone is ready to start this as i can do much more close details. If possible i will get on CS and do this myself, sometimes easier than explaining. But otherwise i like this.

TLO are you gonna use it? if not Vallenwood will for the GP.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4