Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Concept art
04-21-2008, 11:19 PM,

We can use it, but as long as I get to review it in the CS, I can make it unrecognizable from Valenwoods.

We can make altered textures easy. :goodjob:
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
04-21-2008, 11:25 PM,

Vallenwood doesnt have one, its my concept and i did conceive it for The Black Marsh. I think the Argonians deserve a good titanic fortification like this. For vallenwood i think maybe just the central tree with completely different houses, then the player wont feel deja vue.

Besides, TBM can have the glowshrooms instead of torches to light the walkways, bridges, catwalks and houses. that, the texture and the outer wall will separate it from Vallenwood.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-22-2008, 07:17 AM,

I like the diea of the glowing mushrooms.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
04-22-2008, 07:26 AM,

I'm sure Valenwood would be done in a distinctive elven style.
Large intricately carved bright yellow wooden panels and nice, clean architecture.

Argonian style would be much more dark coloured reeds, sticks, mossy vine bridges and a mess of supports and bindings to hold everything together.

I'm keen to do some buildings, trees, etc.

I did do a render of my idea of a small tree village a while back.. Should still have the models here somewhere...

I wouldn't even mind doing some buildings for Valenwood. (probably be easier, cleaner and simpler than modelling a mess of sticks and reeds.)
[Image: sig.jpg]
04-25-2008, 08:24 AM,

morsyth, I agree on the 2 versions and so they would be dissimilar enough to not worry about them looking the same.

I think first we need a buttress-tree-wall tile set which can be used for the outside of the outside wall, the inside of the outside wall, and the outside of the inside wall. (Does that make sense?)

THE OUTER WALL
In my opinion, the inside of this wall needs to be the same general angle of curvature and size as the inside of the outside wall of the Imperial city. But obviously the walls would be much much thicker so design the inside based on the the tree walls being 50 feet thick.

THE INNER WALL
Again, my opinion, this wall should be about the same angle and size of the small wall around the Imperial Palace which adjoins it to the sectors. So the two main walls can be your guide.

Due to the height of these trees there would then be plenty of height for many houses and dont forget the central tree ring is hollow and serves as the palace/castle.

I would like to assist in the development on this on CS, my new laptop should arrive before the 28th and will begin my hard-core crash course in CS to remind, learn and refresh from the TES3 CS 3 years ago. So maybe if someone (Morsyth?) could be in charge of modelling the buttress walls, prioritise the inside ring as this can be used for Vallenwood also. No overhead foliage, about 100metres in height. Then we can make out claims on the interior of this, designing and adding houses to the exterior etc.

I will in theory like to work on the interior while doing concept art for the houses etc, but we will see what the bosses think and also how my CS skills come along.

OH, and the entire bottom needs to be water and eventually have twisting root systems in it linking the inner and outer together so maybe make the trees 125 metres high and submerge the bases 25 metres.

The buttress need to be large and come out randomly between 20 feet and 100 feet from the tree-wall. I will draw a plan of scale now...
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-25-2008, 09:49 AM,

Mmm, liking the idea.

For Black Marsh I like the idea of the massive tree, but wouldn't make the stump taller than half the height of white gold tower. Would like to see some trees and plants growing on the dead stump both inside and outside. Use the centre for a gardens area and inside the walls for roughly carved out rooms. They are supposed to have a massive stronghold in the swamps. Could also house the ShadowScales there somewhere..

Damn, I wanna start modelling this, kind of makes you wish you didn't have a job and stuff for a few weeks. I've really gotta finish some weapons and plants. Pretty limited on time but I'll see what I can come up with.

I can't picture the same rotting stump in Valenwood, then again I don't know much about Valenwood. I'd like to see a multi-tier tree city though.
[Image: sig.jpg]
04-25-2008, 10:20 AM,

Ah, well the idea i had (see drawing above) was buttress style so from above theres loads on triangular grooves running down to the floor. The 'houses' are then constructed in these groves which would make for a realistically stable structure, The hollow inner central tree would then be accessible from doors make to fill natural cracks and crevices from the outside.

My concept did not include branches, a mist would shroud the 'ceiling' with some dense canopy visible through it. Then the inner walls and outer walls connected via rope bridges and platforms suspended by ropes from far overhead.

My concept isnt the usual treehouse full of houses style all in one huge singular tree, mine uses many of the same species tree which makes it look like a gig, sealed forest of the same species and would make a big sealed container with an open interior.

I will do more drawings of my version and let you lot decide what to do.. Smile

Also you mention gardens in the centre for your idea. I presume Argonians are not really horticultural and also there would need to be a vast space between trees to create a clearing for the garden to be lit. My concept completely shrouds the entire city so they are fortified from all angles.

I included a fish farm idea (sections of the swamp area inside) and also fungal gardens inside the trees. So my entire idea would be dark barring a few shards of light similar to in caves, BUT with the glow-shroom idea, strategically planted around homes, bridges, catwalks etc.

IPDATE. heres my latest plan view...
The green is the swamp area, it shows the indentations between buttresses and im sure you can all imagine how easily a wood/reed home can be built and wowen between these vast, solid hardwood pillars.
[Image: f3059338.jpg]

[Image: f96cb973.jpg]
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-25-2008, 11:57 AM,

I like :goodjob:
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM,

Very cool ideas, I must say. :goodjob:

If there are much people living there, are they underground or in trees?
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM,

Hail! I find some awesome concept:

http://www.ice.org/unzipped/2005/05/darkforest.jpg

http://altreligion.about.com/library/gra...ferno1.jpg (Dont watch the peopleBig Grin)

http://www.attackmachine.com/images/yaku...ay1_lg.jpg

And some tree idea:

http://www.hunmanby.demon.co.uk/photos/n...tree-1.jpg

http://www.artofbonsai.org/critiques/ima.../rhodo.jpg

http://www.us.totaltravel.com/guide/phot...igtree.jpg

The first one is really awesome