Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reward for Quest Developers - WIP
06-26-2008, 07:50 AM,

Anyone had a chance to read up on this yet? Feedback would be welcome. The release of the complete voice set for Anaster has been stalled, btw. This is whilst brucevayne finishes his house move. It shouldn't be too long now though, so you'll be able to sample Anaster in-game.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-28-2008, 12:52 PM,

Howdy

Still reading and comparing

I do not know enough about the Redguard storyline so I need to reference everything

Regardless of the accuracy of your information the story is great
and will do nicely :goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-29-2008, 12:07 AM,

Thanks Bob! Hopefully I'll get the chance to further develop the character with sub-quests and stuff. Black Marsh reveals his voodoo skills but I think his strongest links in ST are with piracy.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-11-2008, 07:35 AM,

:bananarock: Yay! Success. The soundset is here. Quoting brucevayne:

"I've just sent you the rar archive containing an .esp file, mp3 and lip files. In game you can find Anaster in the Testinghall (to get there just type 'coc testinghall'). I made him the only member of a new race (AnasterRace), this race is based on the Redguard Race, but any aspect of it can be changed without a problem. For testing purposes I gave him one spell (summon skeleton)."

Anaster will eventually have conversation and rumours lines added so that he can converse with NPCs normally but for the time being, this is all we have. More details regarding the development of Anaster can be found at the start of this thread. I now need someone to model the body so that he has a skeleton tattoo on his chest and maybe even his face. Then I'd like to alter his features, perhaps using VonDjango's 'unique features' mod, if this is possible and also usable within ST.

After that, we're looking at spells, clothes and perhaps the idea for Anaster's walk which I was hoping could use the lich animation so that he 'lopes' along when he is walking. Given his magical skills and background then it wouldn't look totally out of place to alter his animations completely so that he floats and acts entirely like a lich.

Anyway, this is the base model: http://files.filefront.com/AnasterTheCom...einfo.html . If you only want to hear the lines (it's difficult to get many to play in the testing hall) then just go into the voice folder and play them using the base files.
09-11-2008, 09:09 AM,

So the concept for this guy is that he's a necromancer who went over to Black Marsh and learnt all sorts of things about their own unique magic and rituals, then combined it to make something unique of his own that's quite similar to the West's popular image of voodoo in the real world?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-11-2008, 09:15 AM,

That's it exactly. His diary mainly covers his beginnings up until his arrival on Western shores between the Black Marsh and southern Morrowind. He would basically have his own independent story that nonetheless fed into some of the quests that are being created. He would offer the PC some expertise and assistance, besides a purely Anaster-based quest or two, perhaps.