Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anaster Marrowmir Samples
05-14-2008, 11:30 PM,
Anaster Marrowmir Samples
Okay,

Linking up with this diary: Diary of a Redguard Necromancer - Anaster Marrowmir and this proposal for an extra-immersive NPC: Potential Reward for Quest Developers , I thought I would let people know how I was getting on with the voice for this character. So I have attached a selection of the voice recordings that I've been doing for my next sound set for brucevayne's 'Oblivion Sound Sets' mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12588 .

Any comments, suggestions, criticism, ideas, questions and anything else is very welcome. Does anybody think that listening to this voice would grate after a while? Although I was thinking of giving him a slighter softer, more sing-song style for any dialogue lines that could potentially come up in a quest, as part of brucevayne's mod these lines would nonetheless be heard during various events in-game.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-15-2008, 10:22 AM,

The transcript for these lines is as follows:

3. Plays when a battle has just started –
  • “(laughs) This has got to be the walking dead.”
  • “Come to juju-man. He’s got a home for you.”

4. Plays when a battle has just started -
  • “You’ll join the bones of my skeleton crew.”

5. Plays after a battle (implying that the dead have entered the 'juju' dimension) -
  • “Welcome to the land of the Juju dimension.”

6. Plays when an enemy has escaped –
  • “This rat-man cannot take the heat!”

7. Plays after an epic battle –
  • “Anaster’s got the whole world in his hands!”

12. Plays when wandering in the city –
  • “Why do these people look at me like I’m some kind of freak?”

16. Plays when equipping a weapon whilst sneaking –
  • “Shhhh! Juju-man hunts monsters.”
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-25-2008, 11:23 PM,

I have completed recording all but a few lines for the Anaster sound set which brucevayne will be setting up for his mod shortly (after relocating from his present address). Please note that I have re-recorded some of the previous attachments. Hopefully I can delete them and submit some new ones in this post once I'm finished here.

I was hoping that I might be able to get SACarrow's views on how this thing will work: how it can be smoothly implemented and whether there are likely to be any issues with it. brucevayne made the following points:

* Some of the lines used for the player-character sound set could be used elsewhere for the companion sound set, thereby maximising the use of some of the better lines and creating a bit more variety in the responses.

* Since brucevayne does have the NPC ready yet, he will "prepare the script for a dummy NPC, which someone will later have to change from this NPC id to Anaster's one.
I assume that the script should work only after PC would finish some quest, right(after Anaster becomes a companion)?"
05-25-2008, 11:29 PM,

I'll have to look at this in more detail later. This post is essentially to remind me to do exactly that. Big Grin

Steve
09-06-2008, 12:14 PM,

I have heard news from brucevayne that this soundset is finally ready. The recordings have been up since May 24th here: http://files.filefront.com/Anaster+Marro...einfo.html . Now it appears that we should be able to add more to the soundset in order to make it even more immersive.

brucevayne has asked if I'd like to submit persuasion files but, apart from the fact that writing the lines and performing them would take far too much precious time off my hands, I would also tend to think that it would be impractical insofar as the use of the character is concerned in-game. Nonetheless, his second suggestion of rumours sounds like a really good one. Obviously, I could add stuff as Anaster is implemented into quests but I wondered if...

a) anyone would like to suggest some generic rumours lines or just topics for lines that would suit him, or

b) if any quest modders thinking of using Anaster already would like to suggest something

I can write something up for myself regarding his history but I thought I'd throw this open to debate and give you the update. Anaster's lines, together with a Word doc containing all the lines written down, can be downloaded in the link above.
09-11-2008, 07:40 AM,

The Anaster set is now complete. Please refer to this thread for continued development: Potential Reward for Quest Developers - WIP .

Meanwhile, this here thread will remain to deal with progress made on the conversations and rumours.