Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES 3 + instead?
06-02-2008, 10:51 PM,
TES 3 + instead?
It sems to me that this mod is done, and should have a fork stuck in it.

As an alternative, may I suggest that this mod be redirected to recreating TES3 in TES4 guise?

All of the quests, NPCs, locations, motivations, etc are known. We have a landmass that will make the mod distinctive from the original. Best of all, there are tons and tons of people that would be interested in helping such a project. It is a natural.

When completed, this mod would allow a springboard into a post-TES4 Vvardenfell, so nothing currently done would be lost.

Thoughts?
06-09-2008, 09:55 AM,

Not that I've have anything to say here Wink, but

YES!

Greetz
06-09-2008, 02:54 PM,

Why not everyone from Vvardenfell and Tamosh come on over to Silgradcity, Soluthis, Steadhelm, Ebbiden and help complete. That is the most logical idea from a stand point of actually getting something done. The leadership is dedicated and the mods are organized and ready to be completed. That way people can be freed up in those areas and have some time to dedicate to Vvardenfell or other important mods. We are actually gaining not sitting idle and we could sure use the help.

To propose another start is similar to the Tamosh issue. Feel free to call me silly for looking at it simply.Smile
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM,

Having the ST team take over would be a dream come true. I have the utmost respect for that group. How realistic is that, though?

Simply abandoning this would break my heart, though. Not that i have any claim on this mod per se.
06-09-2008, 11:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by grumbler
Having the ST team take over would be a dream come true. I have the utmost respect for that group. How realistic is that, though?

Simply abandoning this would break my heart, though. Not that I have any claim on this mod per se.

lol. I don't think ST will be taking over. But if it is not a 'restart' then as I said in the 'status' thread it stands to reason that it can be moved forward.

take over.............lol. You such a kidder grumbler.
06-10-2008, 01:44 AM,

Yikes, I haven't been in here since April... and looking around... this place doesn't look any different than the last time I was here. No posts, no progress...
There's been nothing posted in the Grand Yurt, either. Which means the core isn't doing anything, or not corresponding...
Hate to say it, but I think this project was dead six months ago... it was dead when I left the core. Sad

When was the last time Dave or Conneach or Lightwave posted?
06-10-2008, 08:28 PM,

Lightwave posted in Mid-May, Dave91 today, Coinneach in early April (though he was last active at the end of May).
06-10-2008, 08:43 PM,

IMO, after the ST release 3.0 breaks to the public, there will be sure hundreds of new members to join, but will they join Vv, not St. I looked these forums and the progress seems to bu quite stuck here

St runs now more active than Vv, I'll probably help Vv when I've done my part of the St, which will be maybe after the 11.0 release Big Grin, not

I know there are thousands of good modders out there, but tehy just don't want to join any big projects like St or Vv. Sad Rolleyes

And that's too bad, the numbers of inactive members grows every sec... What, here are over 2200 members and ~170 are quite active, or less I've never counted all of them.

Vv & St FTW, they'll never stop totally, there is always progress :goodjob:
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!