Poll: Should Vvardenfell continue?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
0%
0 0%
no
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Vvardenfell
06-10-2008, 04:46 PM,
Poll: Vvardenfell
Hi all. I wanted to start a poll on who feels this mod should continue. It's not about why it can't because that is an excuse when everything has been worked on so hard to make it stupidly easy. In light of developments it seems clear that a new core has to be formed.

I for one would have jumped all over this had I seen it when I joined the board( I am sure Sandor is glad I didn't see it Smile ). In anycase I won't let it die without a fight. Alot of time and effort has gone into this mod by some awsome modders to bring it where it is and it deserves a right to exist.

So simply should this mod continue? No excuses please.
06-10-2008, 04:59 PM,

It will need a revival yes, but as BM showed, sometimes when a project is near archiving, thats when a lot of interest is stirred up, and people realise that nows that time to pull your finger out.

Plus, if rebirth is in order, nows the time to do it, as a lot of peeps will be breaking up for summer holidays and stuff.

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
06-10-2008, 05:09 PM,

i really see little hope in it going anywhere. there is too much work to be done and too few people to do it. this mod would really need to be pulled up by its bootstraps.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-10-2008, 05:44 PM,

If this was posted a year ago then I'd probably think that it'd still be possible. Looking at it now though, even with ST's help, there's far too much work involved to make positive results. So from a realistic standpoint I agree with Lady Nerevar - it's too much work to complete the whole landmass, especially without people to make required meshes and whatnot. Even with a smaller worldspace size.
06-10-2008, 06:12 PM,

The scale is showing 75% yes. And that is what the poll is for.

eidt: Meaning if you are not for continuing then say no, please. TIA.
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM,

I am voting yes, though I understand the concerns of the more experienced modelers and cannot gainsay their expertise.

I think it is worth a shot, but that it will need to be simplified. I frankly never understood the motivation behind some of the original quest lines.

I think if we do it as a port of Morrowind on the 1.5 landmass, we can get the modeling support we would need, and the task is pretty straightforward. Once that is done, then the issue of follow-on mods to bring it to the +6 years point (or to add in some of the better Morrowind mods) becomes more reasonable.
06-10-2008, 08:48 PM,

I say yes, because it's so big mod already and there is still going to be some progress, maybe not now, but in future.

MW was a huge success and so was OB and OB + MW = super-success so why should it be left behind?)

No reasons for that, it's surely going to be well-known mod for OB, like ST.
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM,

This... is sort of frivolous. No one here is doing anything... even those who voted yes.
Get to work if you care about Vv, otherwise, archive the mod.

That's what I said when I was managing claims for Vv, that's what I say now. Stop talking and work. Why do you think nothing's happened in half a year?

Oh, and have a :banana: for good luck. I love that banana :p
06-12-2008, 08:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cire992
This... is sort of frivolous. No one here is doing anything... even those who voted yes.

That's what I said when I was managing claims for Vv, that's what I say now. Stop talking and work. Why do you think nothing's happened in half a year?

amen-ah!
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-12-2008, 09:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cire992

Oh, and have a :banana:for good luck. I love that banana :p

Thanks for the banana. I beg to differ there are atleast a couple of folks who really want to see it get further. I respect the work you have accomplished on this mod and I want to play Vvardenfell in TES4. I read through some of the treads and it seems like there was minor disagreement with the way things were headed and then nothing.

I guess you and the original core went on to bigger and better things. What I don't understand is why it is so important to 'archive' this mod. This mod is worth persuing and after seeing what you and others have done it would be a crying shame to let it go.

I realize a majority voted yes and nobody has really taken anything besides balmora. But is continuing where you left off such a crime?