Poll: Should Vvardenfell continue?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
0%
0 0%
no
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Vvardenfell
06-14-2008, 04:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kauz
The fact remains, a lot of time was spent discussing what to use: 1x/2x/1.5x. This should have been decided and made final a long, long time ago.

I was addressing the few people here who said to remake Morrowind, the game.

If you read into the early posts you will understand that it was deemed illegal to pursue a clone of Morrowind. Because people past or present bring up the idea does not mean it is even plauseable.
06-14-2008, 05:22 PM,

Thats nearly what it should be

With exception of some new npc's, different quests, a few new buildings maybe some new start up villages and some destruction along the way (if even that)

Vvardenfell for TES4 should be the same as it was in TES3

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-14-2008, 09:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045

With exception of some new npc's, different quests, a few new buildings maybe some new start up villages and some destruction along the way (if even that)

Enjoy
Bob

Hi bob196045. Out of curiousity, what are you doing in the tes3 version? Making an exact duplicate? I too woould have said and have said just a new screanplay and minor changes. But this as it is, is still a great mod.
06-15-2008, 01:45 AM,

I have seen one major problem with this project:

A disorganized claims system. If you put up decently organized claims (which was the one part of the board which was never re-organized properly), somebody will start working.

People need to see work in manageable, bite-sized bits, which is not the case

You've already picked a city: Balmora. now focus on that city! Do the exterior, divide the interiors into claims and post each one in its own thread. Post a claim for the landscaping right outside the city, along with 3-4 dungeons. You could very well release just Balmora along with a few quests, in only a year's time.

As for duplicating TES3 exactly? Eh, there'd be no point in doing it. Much better to use the setting and feel of TES3 to go above and beyond.

Also, i like the temporary dictator suggestion. If Zurke, or somebody else who is trusted, can just re-vamp the claims section, it would get the mod back on its feet. Even if leadership is weak, if you have open claims, and somebody to review them, people will work.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-15-2008, 04:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045

Enjoy
Bob

Hi bob196045. Out of curiousity, what are you doing in the tes3 version? Making an exact duplicate? I too woould have said and have said just a new screanplay and minor changes. But this as it is, is still a great mod.

No we are updating the Silgrad esp. and adding new landmass south of the Silgrad region, you'll find the section we are currently working on here:

http://www.freewebs.com/vagara/velothimountainsmap.htm

With regard to duplicating es3 in the es4 engine:

I agree that its not very creative, the problem with creating something new out of Vvardenfell is that their is allready a history establishedand the places are fixed, the only thing you can do without pissing alot of people off is make it the same but advance it six or so years into the future.
Which means some new buildings, new upstart towns (growth and development) some new items (advances in technology) new people (immigration reform) and a bunch of new problems to solve (questing)

Thats bout it! if you change it too much players will not like it! I assure you

I honestly think most of the changes for a Vvardenfell ES4 mod will be in the questing, lots of stuff has happened since the Nerevarine defeated Dagoth Ur, thier should be lots of religious turmoil, power struggles umoungst the houses for leadership positions especially with the Nerevarine out of town on another conquest

I really think that is the best way to go, but thats me Confusedhrug:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-15-2008, 04:54 AM,

Quote:I have seen one major problem with this project:

A disorganized claims system.

I get the feeling the claim system itself might be the problem.

With so many past failed projects, people tend not to take expansion mods seriously, unless the core can do a great deal of the work on their own. Just take a visit to Bethsoft's forum and see what kind of treatment modders who expect too much from the community get. Nobody takes those threads seriously at all.

Don't get me wrong, the claim system is good, but it should be the core completing most of them.

Quote:Also, I like the temporary dictator suggestion. If Zurke, or somebody else who is trusted, can just re-vamp the claims section, it would get the mod back on its feet.

What would get the mod back on its feet is for the core to simply start modding. I'm quite sure nothing else will, no amount of forum re-vamping, claim re-vamping and asking other people for help will.

Quote:Even if leadership is weak, if you have open claims, and somebody to review them, people will work.

Weak as in poor decisions or low modding skills? Because there is a huge problem with both of them, but especially with if the leaders have no more than a few modding skills. At Bethsoft, everyone who opens a thread to recruit new people for their new TC is told they will not get anywhere unless they can do most of the work. This kind of approach of thinking you can get 10 people to join and do the work for you is utterly flawed and if the leadership can't even review claims and needs someone else to do it, maybe it's time to choose another leader, preferably the best modder you have on the team who wants to because ultimately skill matters the most. Nobody needs dictators.

Note that I'm speaking in "if"s, so if the new core can mod most stuff on its own (Balmora should be easy to do replicate, including NPCs and their AI) and has enough free time and follows a totally different approach that doesn't involve waiting for others to come work, it should get far enough and maybe then you can find 10 people to continue the work for you. You'll still need to review claims though. Otherwise, I predict that within one year this project will no longer exist. People will slowly lose interest completely in Oblivion, if they haven't already lost interest in this mod due to lack of progress. It will get harder and harder to attract any support from the Oblivion community.