Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claims
06-17-2008, 02:34 AM,
Claims
I will be reusing cire992 dialogue in the claims, they will have new photos where the previous were sort of dark and hard to see. We are keeping the same layout and theme/characters as the previous core had started. They had a good plan and story line for their characters, there is no sense in trying to reinvent them.
06-22-2008, 07:05 PM,

Keep in mind that when I made the claims threads originally, I sort of blew off any of the expansions to the settlements that the previous core had discussed. I just looked at the towns in the Morrowind CS and wrote up claims for them.
You may want to doublecheck in places like Gnisis and Balmora as to whether or not all the claims listed have the necessary tilesets. I think I accidentally listed one or two of the temples as available.

Oh, and cookies for you for finally giving the towns their own claims boards, it's so much more organized... exactly the way I had always wanted it.

One more thing, I don't suppose the interior claims I had collected (what few there were) would be of any use to you at this point, right? A couple are still dependent on the Silgrad.esm I think...
06-22-2008, 07:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cire992
Keep in mind that when I made the claims threads originally, I sort of blew off any of the expansions to the settlements that the previous core had discussed. I just looked at the towns in the Morrowind CS and wrote up claims for them.
You may want to doublecheck in places like Gnisis and Balmora as to whether or not all the claims listed have the necessary tilesets. I think I accidentally listed one or two of the temples as available.

Oh, and cookies for you for finally giving the towns their own claims boards, it's so much more organized... exactly the way I had always wanted it.

One more thing, I don't suppose the interior claims I had collected (what few there were) would be of any use to you at this point, right? A couple are still dependent on the Silgrad.esm I think...

I also went of Kukulza's map and his descriptions as well as your descriptions that corresponded to the map. There is another 'official' claims thread for Balmora here.

As I stated I am sure there are tiles missing but I state that in the idividual claim and they are not marked as open. All other 'open' claims are from the map and for the most part were existing balmora design.

You will have to thank Sandor for the layout as I only copied what he had done for SC. But I agree it is organized.

I think anything that could move the project forward is considered important. Could you pm me the files?

You and the other previous core members did an awsome job setting this up and alot of the stuff can be reorganized and used, it would have been a crying shame to see it just go away. As far as I am concerned Vv would be that much better off with you that without considering the posts I have read within Vv.
06-22-2008, 07:41 PM,

Just wanted to say, the claims look excellent, Zurke has done an excellent job re-using Cire's material. :goodjob:

I suppose it's time for this team's modders to come out of the woodworks and start claiming things then. Don't be shy people, a single claim won't hurt!

The team looks better positioned to get things done then ever before.
Happy modding guys!
(serious technical discussions can resume now Big Grin)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-22-2008, 08:05 PM,

modders out of the woodworks? That's what I assumed, right? When I posted the claims last summer, yeah? Only six or eight of them were ever completed, and less than 15 were claimed. Don't assume modders are waiting to take claims... they aren't. The only way the new core is going to save this project is to attract new modders into the boards and Keep them interested.
Unfortunately... I never figured out how to do this. Big Grin

About those claims... I tried running 'em through Bash and changed their dependencies. But woe is me, when I fired them up in the CS, all the data had disappeared. This is, of course, because these claims are dependent on a completely different Vvardenfell esm that Lightwave had been updating a before we decided to scale down the landmass and play with region object generating. I was hoping we could get the esps to find the data in the new esm, but these claims were made back when we were directly using "ST assets" rather than "Vv Assets". Guess that causes problems. :eek:

Anyhow, they weren't particularly wild claims. A few Vos farmhouses, a hut in Gnisis and a Guard Tower in Balmora. That sort of stuff.
If you get the Vos board up, I'll grind those claims out again myself faster than I'll fix the old esps.