Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad tower problem.
07-07-2008, 02:52 PM,
Silgrad tower problem.
Hey, I just installed the 2.5 version thats on your website. Extracted all the files put them in my oblivion/data started up the mod all was going well until I got to the signs which show you how to get to morrowind, the signs have given me a similar problem to afew other mods in that they are giant yellow blocks with ! in the middle of them. I've replaced the entire meshes folder afew times as i've been instructed to do before and now i'm pretty much lost with what to do, as i'm very new to TES so actually working out what to do and find the problem is difficult for me. So I thought i'd drop by this mention as it's your mod to see if you could help me out. ^^
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM,

That error indicates that the sign models are not where OB thinks they should be; with the replacement you've done, that is odd. As a data-gathering exercise, could you look for these two files in your Oblivion dir? They are SignpostRoadSteadhelm.nif and steadhelm.dds. The NIF should be in Meshes\ST\Imperial\Decoration\Exterior\Roadsigns, while the DDS should be in textures\ST\roadsigns. That should tell us where your data files are living.

HTH,
Steve
07-07-2008, 04:18 PM,

OK i've found the DDS that is exactly where you said it would be and the nif file is exactly where you said it would be.
07-07-2008, 04:42 PM,

Now that we know you have the files installed try making sure the silgrad tower esm is loaded directly after the OB esm. Sometimes when it is not it can have strange effects.

Sorry about doing by the numbers but it does narrow it down.
07-07-2008, 04:58 PM,

I've done that and that had no affect. I then proceeded to remove all other mods and start a new character this once again had no affect on the sign posts.
07-07-2008, 05:35 PM,

I had problems myself with the roadsigns, Your loading order should be like this: Oblivion.esm, Silgrad_Tower.esm then Silgrad_Tower_Travel.esp?

When I got the roadsigns working, I followed the path, but when I climbed up that hill, I got CTD, but it doesn't bother me anymore, I use console to get there. Smile
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
07-07-2008, 05:43 PM,

well I've done everything you've all said to get these road signs to work. Does anyone have a print out map or does anyone know the console commands to get me there?
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM,

If the signs aren't displaying properly, odds are the rest of the mod won't either. What is the data path to your Meshes, textures, and all the other folders? From the C drive?
07-07-2008, 06:08 PM,

The path to the meshes from the C:drive goes like this.

C:/ > Games > Bethseada > Oblivion > Data > Meshes ST > then into whatever mesh file.

for texture.
C:/ > Games > Bethseada > Oblivion > Data > Texture ST > then into whatever texture file.

C:/ > Games > Bethseada > Oblivion > Data > Tree ST > then into whatever tree file.

and the esm.s
C:/ > Games > Bethseada > Oblivion > Data > Then the esm.
07-07-2008, 06:10 PM,

Are the folders actually named "Meshes ST", "textures ST", and whatnot? They should be just "Meshes", "textures", and so on... Adding "ST" to the folder name would cause a problem.