Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
found something we could use
07-14-2008, 07:45 PM,
found something we could use
I was looking around the TES Nexus site and found a mod for a "dwemer subway" the pictures make it look like the front of a freight train. We might be able to add on to it and use it in the mines or something. The adress for the site is:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18203
07-14-2008, 08:56 PM,

Ooh, i'd seen that before, but hadn't thought to use it. Mr Siika is one of those talanted modelers who's done a ton for the community.

If i recall correctly, he's let people use his models in the past, and i know his resources have been used in MMM, NPCs with Jobs, the farmer mod, ect. He's even got a thread of resources for people to use.

I'm going to contact him now to see if he'll let us use this. I think the chances are fairly high.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
07-14-2008, 08:58 PM,

Very nice, could work out just fine in the mine area

please make contact with the modder just to be sure

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM,

I was thinking that somebody could add to the train, make more cars for metal and glass and things, maybe a car with seats so that you could take any companion mods too.
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM,

Hmm, i was going to contact Mr Siika, but then i found out that Phitt also has a dwemer subway in his mod.

Phitt, as you all know, is the modder who lent us nearly all of our current dwemer resources, even before his own mod was complete.

I believe phitt is on vacation, so we can't ask him for the subway, but i'm pretty sure he's going to release everything as a modder's resource once he's done with his own mod. The advantage of using Phitt's version is that it would likely fit with the tileset he made, seeing as they're both for the same mod.

I think we should wait a bit to make a decision on this. I don't want to ask Mr. Siika and the not use his stuff, and the mines won't be made for a while yet. Once Phitt comes back i'll ask him when his mod is going to be done, so that we can use the rest of his resources.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM,

Phitt got back from his holiday a couple of days ago.
07-14-2008, 10:32 PM,

That would be the better course, if Phitt has this in his resources better to get them from a source we allready have good relations with, but the other hand says its never a bad thing to have good relations with someone else

Who is the model owner ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-14-2008, 11:01 PM,

The other model was made by Mr. Siika, and from all i can see, he'd most likely be more than happy to share his models, seeing as most of them have been released as modders resources.

My hesitation isn't a problem of relations, it's merely that Phitt's subway would likely be more practical, since it would come with all the pieces needed to hook into the tileset we have. It likely comes with a "station" piece that fits into the current tileset, which would make things easier than fitting someone else's models into what we have now.

If Phitt's back, then i'll ask him if he has an estimated date for his mod to be done.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM,

I agree, both sets are amazing but using phitt's makes sense since we are using his tileset, everything will work much better.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-22-2008, 06:35 PM,

Please tell me you guys have been following Mr Siika's latest projects, as discussed over here: The Amazing Talents of Mr Siika . Centurions, Dwemer mechs etc, etc. All very juicy indeed!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]