Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random crashes
07-23-2008, 11:02 AM,
Random crashes
Well, i have installed the mod properly, can see the signs and everything when i went to morrowind. But then, as i got to the gates and got to steadhelm i kept getting crashes (sometimes before i got to city sometimes inside the city)... The game and my pc completely locks up randomly to the point i cant even ctrl alt del, just have to reboot, thing that never happened for me since when i got Vista...

Well, i dont know what's up, but i'm not goin wander around with the risk of reboots at any time as much as i wish to play this mod... By the way, ofcourse, this does not happen outside the mod's region nor with any other mod i tried so far.
Proud to be a gamer
07-23-2008, 11:10 AM,

ok, very understandable. Firstly in general is your game up-to-date with the official patches? if not patch it up.

another is other mods. if you have too many mods it may have a conflicting problem. one leads to another.

Lastly, i heard news that vista isn't a very good windows to play such memory eating games.

I can advise you to re-install the game and then install silgrad tower. well if you want to go that far. Or deactivate all your mods activate st then the rest.

just some random comments.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM,

Firstly, everything is patched up.

Secondly, i have the official plugins/expansions and Oscuro's oblivion overhaul mods only. I thought these were compatible..

Finally, i havent had problems with vista so far, and i have 4GB of RAM wich i think should be enought for this...

Any more tips/help?
Proud to be a gamer
07-23-2008, 02:46 PM,

Hi c0m4ndo45. I think BusterWolf gave a thorough first line troubleshooter. You will also need to make sure that the ST esm is the second esm loaded that means right after the OB esm.

For the sake of troubleshooting I would not run any other mod with the ST mod.