District: SolFarmland Region
Cell name: Solfarm05 --- -10, 34
Difficulty: easy
NPC's: Modders determination
Race: Redoran
Class: modder determination (not upper)
Name generator: Link

Description:
This farm is close to the road outside of Soluthis. Solfarm06 is right next door.

The cell has been created and tiles have been put together within the cell.
03-19-2009, 03:12 AM,

I'll take this one, and number 6 if possible. That is, with your blessing, of course. Big Grin
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
03-19-2009, 10:21 AM,

I know you didn't give me permission yet, but I started to make a mod just in case. :lol:

The house interior is all built, but I still need to fully clutter it. As of now, here is a little taste of the upstairs lighting. Hope you like it! I'll post another update as soon as I finish. Wink
03-19-2009, 07:09 PM,

No problem. Just remember these are not upper class claims. You may adjust or alter the exterior immediately around the claims if you so choose.

As I have said in previous posts I think lighting is an art in itself and you may have the talent.

At the moment I am working very long hours so responses may not be as fast as they are at other times.
03-19-2009, 11:53 PM,

I'll keep the "not upper class" in mind. My plan is to create a poor, but still warm and homey atmosphere.

A strange side-note: Those chairs aren't true chairs... you can't sit in them. I'll have to switch them out. Tongue

EDIT: And about the work, don't sweat it. I'll just make sure to keep the thread updated when I make substantial progress. Wink

Oh, and thanks a ton for giving me the houses! Appreciate it man! Big Grin
03-20-2009, 01:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
A strange side-note: Those chairs aren't true chairs... you can't sit in them. I'll have to switch them out. Tongue

Which chairs are that, if I may ask? I usually make both static chairs and 'live' chairs. (The static chairs can be used as clutter, for instance if you want to clutter a storage room and stack chairs on each other or you want to mod a disorganized home that has chairs knocked down on the floor.) I tend to name the static chairs for instance [...]stool01 and the live chairs [...]stool01F, [...]stool01B etc. So if you placed a static chair by accident it's easy to replace it with a live chair since the live versions list just after the static chair in the search-and-replace list. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-20-2009, 01:51 AM,

Yeah it was a static chair. I replaced the chairs with stool instead though, as the chairs had me standing up onto the table, or into the wall. :lol:

All fixed now. By the way, beautiful work on the furniture (if that was in fact you.) Everything looks great!
03-20-2009, 02:14 AM,

Great Smile

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
All fixed now. By the way, beautiful work on the furniture (if that was in fact you.) Everything looks great!

Thanks. A guy named gundalf, who helped us in the team for awhile back in -06, made the lavish Dunmer chair and the upperclass Dunmer bench. Steve might have made a few for Dunmer shacks as well. IIRC I made all the other chairs, stools and benches.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-20-2009, 10:33 AM,

UPDATE: Almost done with the furniture, containers and lighting for the house. I have yet to place clutter like cups, bowls, plates, food, books, etc, but I have updated the house substantially.

Here are some new images for you! :goodjob:

1 The first one is a full view of the updatd first floor. On the left is a sort of storage area for food and drink. Notice the pot cooking on the fire.

2. This is a better view of the food storage area, I added another candle, as it was a bit too dark to see the containers.

3. A pot of food cooking on the fire and the new stools (used to be chairs.)

4. This is the new sitting area downstairs. The shelves and table are empty now, but they'll soon be full of books, cups for beer, bottles, of alchohol, etc etc...

5. This is the bed area for Savvas and his wife Dothnea. I noticed that the lighting is a bit dark in some areas, but I decided it was okay due to the fact that it is a place for resting.

6. This final image shows the new basement storage area/guest sleeping area. That was the only bed they could afford. Tongue

Expect another update soon! See ya! Big Grin
03-20-2009, 10:59 AM,

Nice work!

I like the looks of everything, though maybe the ambient light setting could be a tad brighter.

Are there windows on the exterior model? If so (and if there weren't any in the starter cell) could you make sure to add windows to the interior as well, at approximately the same position as they are placed on the exterior model? Also please add a lightbulb (light emitter) near the window to give the impression daylight is coming through. I have a lightbulb object under the StRw list, can't recall the exact EditorID, that has a daylight script that disables it when it's nighttime; perhaps you could add that?

Keep up the good work :goodjob:
Angel mired in filth